MAC Blot Powder - Deep/Dark

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nice powder but very drying. As I age, I no longer go for an overly matte look. Decent color match for dark brown skin.

on 3/17/2013 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Good product. Sheer color, absorbs oil well. Good for touching up my makeup thru out the day. I reached pan pretty quickly tho and I don't use it every day.

on 3/12/2013 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I so wanted to love this product but it didn't work for me, and my skin isn't very oily. It's effect lasts about 2 hours, whereas the random loose powders I've used last much longer. My drugstore pressed powders also performed better.

on 6/27/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this product! I have oily skin on my forehead, nose, chin and the area between my nose and cheek! I tried it on, and my face look incredible. I have the darkest colour i guess and i have olive skin, but it still looks good and its not too dark. I dont use foundation and with this powder, I dont think I dont have to buy any either (even tho I own one from mac, which I rarely use). But I highly recommend this product. Good luck :)

on 5/13/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I wish so badly that this would've worked for me, but it didn't. The color was just way to dark and looked like I dipped my brush in dirt and patted it on my face. I looked really dirty. Also the color that is lighter made me look ashy and powdery. I do think this works great for oil and shine control. I do wish that they had my shade though. Overall I will use something else, something translucent.

on 9/7/2010 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Def HG for me. I take this wherever I go. I was scared because wiht my experience with powders, they often make me look ashy. Not with this one. It does exactly what its suppose to do, absorb oil, matte my skin. Keeps my makeup looking bangin thought the day. I will buy it again when it runs out. A must have for the oily girls like me out there :(

on 3/19/2008 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yet another great product from MAC. This is another product that I just can"t leave home without!

on 8/30/2007 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product!! I have oily oily skin in the summer and combo skin during the cooler months. This blot powder has enabled me to leave the house with out a face full of primers and oil controling products. Im on my 5th compact and my mom is now hooked! Im NW50 and i wear deep dark. It doesnt leave an ashy look as long as i blot before applying. When i do choose to wear foundation it does a great job of setting my Select Tint 15 to my Studio Fix. Its just a all around great powder!

on 7/12/2007 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this blot powder. It works well by itself but when paired with my MSF Natural in Dark, it REALLY keeps the oilies at bay. I'm definitely not as shiny throughout the day. Here's a tip: I always blot with CVS Blotting Sheets before applying the powder so the puff doesn't get nasty and cakey and the powder works better. Deep Dark has been kind to me, but I may try it in Dark next time. Good stuff!

on 6/15/2007 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

im not fond of mac these days as i think ive concluded its been breakin me out all this time so ive moved on to fashion fair !however, while i used mac i used this blot powder alongside my SF. i had though it was good at the time but now i think about it, it took away shine but had my face lookin kinda ashy afterwards. i always felt like i needed to apply a generous amount to get the desired effect but it doesnt last long: shine still breaks through!! Even tho they claim this wont change the colour of foundation, i really dont think this is a good colour choice for black skin even tho its the darkest they have. but then again teamed with SF NW50 which is the wrong shade for me to begin with but because its the darkest in the mac range, i convinced myself it worked, its no wonder it wasnt a good result.

Recommended for Normal Skin