October 25, 2014 | 1030 users online

Polishes - Milani - Nail Lacquer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am really surprised by the high number of negative reviews for this polish. I actually don't see it to be any different than MAC, Essie, or OPI.

Pros:
- One coat is all it takes! These are very opaque.
- Color choices are phenomenal - everything from nudes/neutrals to brights and black.
- These are long wearing; fading or chipping was on par with high end polishes
- Shine factor is great - they really do wear like lacquer.
- If purchased on the website these cost $1.99 per bottle.

Cons:
-The polish goes on really thick and mistakes can be made easily if your not careful.
-Those that are made to "dry in seconds" actually take quite a while to dry. I have to use dry spray.
-If ordering from the www, shipping is kinda slow.

I have so many of these and I love them all - I have black, cupid's touch (pink), mint candy (aqua-ish deeper seafoam green), iced mango, metallic mango, hipster plum, morning coffee, and a few more I know. I think they are amazing in color variety and formula. They knock a lot of the higher end polishes out of the box, and are definitely better than any other drugstore brands I have purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by gabbyy3789

I bought the colors teal and showy sea green for $4 each at Kmart. Teal is like a chunky blue and green glitter and showy sea green is a beautiful tea green/sea green. The sea green went on completely opaque in 2 coats and is gorgeous. It's a nice cremey formula. The glitter, teal, is super gorgeous it reminds me of mermaids. I love both and will definitely be trying more milani nail polishes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Pyksi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this polish in my local Dollar store and I was thrilled to find the Red Glitter 'Ruby Jewels'. It's exactly what I was looking for, HOWEVER.... this polish really isn't great. I usually paint a ton of coats of polish when I do my nails, and I have never had a problem with my polishes denting and scratching AFTER they were dry [and I use some super cheap polishes, sometimes...]. This polish has gotten ruined TWICE overnight while I was sleeping. Even after being on my nails and "dry" for more than 6 hours. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to dry, it stays sticky for long after it should, it NEEDS more than 3 coats or a base coat of a very similar color or it's extremely streaky. For it's retail price, I would be pretty upset with this purchase... I'm thanking my lucky stars I only paid $1.
I don't even think I'll be using this polish again, ever. I have never had to take THREE DAYS to do a manicure, nor will I ever again.
It's a gorgeous red glitter, that reminds me of the Ruby Slippers, but the formula is crap. Take the money you would've spent on this and get yourself some OPI or China Glaze, you'll be much happier.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in black. It's...just an average nail polish. The color payoff is nice and all, but it's nothing special, and it chips so quickly that it doesn't really matter because you're not gonna get to actually look at it for long!

Yeah, it's cheap, but I actually got Rimmel's Lasting Finish for cheaper - it dries faster than Milani *and* is sooooooo much more chip-resistant.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by MeekoMeeko

I bought the Milani Neon #504 Fresh Teal Polish. The price was around 4 dollars, which I thought was a little much, but fair. I had heard that Milani was a good brand from other online reviews. I tried it on, and it went on nicely. It seemed a little streaky at first but two layers seemed to do the trick. However, I messed up one of the nails and removed the polish to redo it, thank goodness I did! The polish left behind a dark blue stain that I could not remove with acetone remover. The skin around the nail was also badly stained. I had a base coat underneath it but the polish seemed to have soaked through the base coat and stained my nails.
Earlier this month I bought the Milani Glitter Lavender Fizz and I loved it! It went on well and after a few coats it was full glitter coverage. After knowing this, I was quick to spread a good word about the Milani brand polishes. But after this experience with the Fresh Teal, I will no longer be buying this brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by CursiveTea

I have yet to try these 2 polishes. Once I do, I will update. I just wanted to post that I found this line of polishes at my local Dollar Tree. I purchased Ms Milani which is a silvery champagne color and also a nice coppery burgundy color called Brown-a-licious. Just wanted to let anyone know who wanted to try these out, check your local Dollar Tree for a good bargain before spending more.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by INOREDNET

I think they're OKAY.

Cons:
Takes FOREVER to dry
Chips easily

Pros:
Colors come out really nice

I only buy Milani nail polish, if they have a color that I can't find from any other brand, but I think you can find better for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by annieSFRBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

You seriously can't beat this stuff, especially for the price. It goes on smooth, the pigment is rich and it lasts a long time. Pretty much the only nail polish I use!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Xtina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in neon purple and it was horrible! The color didn't look anything like the bottle and it wasn't even purple. It was more of a burgundy with a slight purple undertone not neon at all, and that was after I put on about 3 or 4 coats. It was very streaky as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by peggy1234

I love the colors and the quality of the polish. It is well worth the price. I love the glitters and the regular colors. I will be buying more of these as they are a great find!