Maybelline Sky High Curves Extreme Length and Curl [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

on 9/15/2009 8:56:00 PM

This mascara is just meh. I see that it's discontinued but it's honestly no big loss. It did not impress me or leave me in awe. In fact, the mediocrity of this mascara did nothing but make me want the tube to finish up faster so that I can go buy a new mascara. It hardly lengthens or volumizes, definitely does not curl and it seems to fade as the day does on. It doesn't run or flake or leave clumps. It's just not special.

on 9/14/2009 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I love this mascara. It does a great job of lifting my lashes and giving them a curled appearance. I did get a lot of length as well. The color was nice and dark and I didn't have any problems with clumping or smearing. Overall this is a great mascara.

on 9/14/2009 11:30:00 AM

Wow - I am impressed - Mascara was a nice medium between sticky & easy to glide-on. I'm sorry to hear it will be discontinued - The texture of the mascara has a "Loreal" feel to it, but doesn't smudge or leave a shadow near as much!

on 8/5/2009 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

YEAH! I finally found a mascara that holds a curl and isnt waterproof. Smudges a little, but sacrifices have to be made. Would definitely rebuy, but it's discontinued.

on 7/27/2009 11:48:00 AM

The only positive feedback I can give on this mascara is that it does hold curls. But it does not make them anywhere near "sky high" nor does is give volume. It also clumps, and smudges off. I'm glad I bought this on sale for under 3 dollars.

on 7/24/2009 2:21:00 AM

This mascara delivers on length and curl like it says. Although I find that the wand isn't very good, it doesn't really help to separate so it gets quite clumpy, the brush also poked my eye a little bit but that might just be me

on 7/14/2009 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this at Rite Aid for about 2 bux and so of course, me loving deals snatched this up. This makes my lashes appear very soft, not 'sky high' like promised on the tube and nothing super special but I do find myself reaching for this more frequently lately. I really like the brush applicator and haven't found the formula to be flaky or goopy. I probably wouldn't pay more than 5 bux for this if I were in need of a good mascara, but would def. recommend if you're looking for soft lashes.

on 7/11/2009 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a OK mascara, but nothing special. It's a good price, but still i don't know if i would buy it again..... Many of L'oréals mascaras are almost as cheap as this one but much better!

on 7/5/2009 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

the lengthening ability of the mascara is amazing
it is also the only non-waterproof mascara I've come across that doesn't make my curl collapse, and you can retain the most beautiful curl
what I do is I curl, apply first coat, curl again, then apply second coat, and then curl again

The cons of this mascara are that it doesnt thicken the lashes as much as volum express or intense xxl, but that didn't bother me as my lashes are quite dense and thick anyway
its prone to a tiny bit of smudging and flaking after about six hours
Also, the consistency of the mascara changes quite a bit after two weeks, as the formula gets more dry you'll notice a tiny bit of clumping and less lengthening, but this can be solved by wiping off the excess mascara on the brush every now and then with tissue

However the pros far outweigh the cons and i highly highly recommend this one

on 6/24/2009 10:56:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised with this mascara. Usually I go for the volume claiming mascaras but I decided to give this a go. The mascara wand is quite easy to work with, and it really did give my lashes quite a bit of volume as well as great length. I find you can really build with this mascara to get a desired thickness. But one coating of this mascara works wonders. I would defiantly recommend this to someone who needs both volume and length in a mascara.