April 18, 2014 | 1437 users online

Cleansers - Almay - Gently Clean Non-Oily Face Makeup Remover Pads [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I believe these are the same ones that I have. I have the "Almay
Travel Size Makup Remover Pads Item #: 2167559" on Ulta. They are $1.29 and they are OVERPRICED. Shudder! Bought them for vacation, and didn't use or open them until then, what a shock. It smells like nail polish remover, and it feels like rubbing your eyes with alcohol. It stings and made me afraid to open my eyes. What a nightmare. Can't believe these are from Almay...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by JuJu05

It's great! Gets any make up off. I started using them by first purchasing the eye make up removal pads. I tried these, and it worked with no harmful effects.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually have the wipes of these, not pads. Not sure how similar they are but couldn't find the makeup wipes. Well the makeup wipes STING every time I use them, which isn't often because, well, they sting. I used the Olay prior to that without that problem and really liked them too but am trying to get away from products by brands tested on animals. These didn't get my makeup off very well either. If I ever managed to use them up, I will not repurchase. They were on sale at Meijer for like 2 bucks so I'm not to upset.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great makeup remover. Everything from foundation to wp mascara comes off gentily without drying or irritating my skin. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by inkedxmama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. Oil-free and fragrance-free, they don't irritate my face at all. Do their job of removing makeup well and at a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mystique2314

I love these! I work with makeup all day and find that by the end of the day most of the higher end makeup removers can't even get the heavy duty liners and stains off my hand from showing colors and doing makeovers...These do and it comes off with ease. I've ended up waiting until I get home from work to use these over the high-end makeup remover testers at work! Good for sensitive skin and takes off waterproof products :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by usersilver

These have definitely become a staple in my daily cleansing routine. I wear several coats of waterproof mascara so getting it off is no easy feat. The container is small and convenient, and the pads are perfectly sized to get the eye area and no more. All my makeup comes right off gently, the skin around my eyes doesn't feel irritated at all, and no oily residue once I rinse with my cleanser.
These might not be as economical as a bottle and cotton pads, but after having a bottle spill oily all over my bag and lugging around my roll of cotton pads, I'm willing to spend a little more over time for these convenient, well packaged, removers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2006 12:40:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was cruising big lots and saw a stack of these. I couldn't even see what they were because of how they were put on the shelf but I picked one up and looked. I'm glad! I'd heard a couple comments about them on the boards so I decided to give them a whirl. Besides-- the price was right. They're cheap at full price and at BL they were half that. Fantastic product. My face feels great afterward. Not oily at all. I used it on my eye mu as well without problem and I have very sensitive eyes. These were able to remove even my waterproof mascara. I like that they're non-fragranced as well. I will continue to use and probably re-purchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2006 6:55:00 PM More reviews by jenafur3223

I was a faithful user of Dove Sensitive Skin Towelettes but they discontinued them and I've been on a mission since then. Out of all the other makeup remover towelettes I have tried (Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Ponds, Olay, etc) these removed my makeup without irritating my face or leaving it feeling greasy. I mostly use these to remove my makeup before working out and they are great for doing that without breaking me out or drying out my skin. My only gripe is I wish the pads were a bit thicker (and bigger) but compared to all the others I dare not complain. I actually found them by reading some reviews so thanks to those of you who reviewed these in the past!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2005 9:09:00 PM More reviews by jill627

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these. Absolutely love them. I have been searching for makeup remover cloths or pads for centuries and these are the best. They're extremely portable and take off all of my eye makeup in no time(I use several coats of mascara and Colorstay liquid eyeliner everyday on top of eyeshadow). It also is great at getting off my Almay Amazing Lasting foundation. I do have to confess, I use these all over my face as a precursor to cleansing...I'm not sure I would rely on them all by themselves to get everything off. Sometimes I think we expect one cleanser to get off everything, and with all I put on my face, I'm not sure that's realistic. I will say, however, that after using these in conjunction with my cleanser, there is absolutely NOTHING left on my towel when I dry off my face. I have contact lenses and my eyes aren't irritated when I use these pads. I also have sensitive skin and have had no breakouts of any kind. A must try, seriously.