July 29, 2014 | 1833 users online

Moisturizers - Clean & Clear - Oil-Free Shine Control Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by cab2434

I wanted to like this product because it is supposed to reduce oil and hey, I can use that! But it didnt do that at all. In fact made my skin slightly oilier and broke me out. I have fairly sensitive skin, but if you dont, and your skin is somewhat dry, you may like this ( new scent is fantastic!). But I will stick to my spectrogel lotion from now on!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by poopinshmicken

I tried this when it first came out years and years ago so it might have been reformulated but this was too light of a moisturizer even for my oily skin and it did not help with shine. Neutrogena has a better product to help with oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mishycakes

My HG moisturizer! Light, non-heavy, non-greasy feeling, leaves skin feeling soft/supple. I love the clean scent and how its absorbed by my skin. Definitely would recommend it to everyone who needs an affordable yet performance delivering moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ANSTAH

I think this is a decent face lotion considering it's drugstore. I never really pay attention to the "blemish free" "oil free" "shine free" whatever the claims are. Because I figure lotions will make you oily no matter what to some extent. But overall this product does a good job at moisturizing. I'm not a huge fan of the smell though. It really smells like medication but overall it's okay..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by shellylicious

While this moisturizer doesn't really prevent my face from getting oily, I love it for its fresh scent and how it doesn't grease me up. I've used this moisturizer for years now and everyone always compliments me on my skin! I've tried other moisturizers and I haven't found one that I like more than this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

this product must be some kind of evil joke. seriously it makes your skin oilier and nastier and pimples erupt everywhere.If Satan was a product, this would be him.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by keiralechat

Like many people here I am having the reverse affect happen to me than what was promised by this moisturizer... It makes my skin more oily.
I originally wanted to control my t-zone shine but while using this my whole face started to shine after about 2 hours.
I give it 2 lippies though cause the moisturizing was ok.
It's back to Nivea soft and MAC blot powder for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by daisyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a while, and it never really helped my oily skin, but it wasn't bad. This summer with the crazy weather my face was super greasy because of this moisturizer, so I switched to a Biore moisturizer and my skin drastically improved. Definitely not for people with oily skin.
Tried it again this fall, and I looked like an oil slick.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by jakay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only reason I bought this was because of its price. I was sick of all the money I was spending on skin care products and thought I would give less expensive drugstore brands another shot. I was sorely disappointed with this moisturizer. It doesn't hold back the oil at all, but the real kicker is that it leaves a nice, thin residuey feeling on your skin making you think it contains some sort of mattifier. Unless you have non-oily skin to begin with, this "shine control" moisturizer is a joke.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by patriciaofoz

I decided to try this product simply because I'm on a search for a moisturizer to control my shiny T-zone. This was not it. After about an hour of putting it on, my chin area started to itch A LOT. It had to be the moisturizer so I ended up washing it off my face.

My skin just didn't like this at all.