July 29, 2014 | 1648 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Mist

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by maashi

I found this in the bottom of my makeup drawer and experimented with it recently.
Alone it looks ghastly and makes me look pale and sick.
BUT - bought a horrid fuchsia coloured Avon lipstick once and with this on top it actually became wearable!
In other words this lipstick is my go-to when I have made the wrong lipstick purchase LOL! It's good to tone down colours that are too bright. A bit on the frosty side - hence a lippie off - but quite a useful little tool and you don't need much to transform your look. I've still got heaps left. Deserves more credit than what it normally gets.
This was D/C-ed a long time ago, so I don't know what you could dupe it with :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2004 3:07:00 PM More reviews by tulipswallow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought I'd balance my review of my most favorite MAC lipstick (Bronx) with my least favorite. Mist is meant to be worn over or under other colors to soften them, and add gloss and highlight. The only problem is, it has so much yellow in it, that it oftens makes reds look orange and browns turn a nasty baby-poo color. I have about 3 lipsticks that I really like to wear with this, and I love the texture of it so much that I'll probably continue to wear it. But I won't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2003 4:19:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the previous reviewer in that most people would probably use this as a toner. It's a light yellow or a pale gold color. It would be used by people with pigmented lips to provide a light golden frost and I think they'd like that. I have pale lips so it goes on a little heavier on me. It's a pretty color, nice with a nude liner, but not one that I have reached for often. It's just really unusual. It looks great on me, it really does, but I doubt I'd repurchase since I've never really worn it as part of my face of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2003 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Spunky_Princess

This is a sheer frosty pale yellow lipstick. It's meant to be applied over other colours of lipliners or lipsticks, to make them warmer and frosty. I gave it a rating of three because it does exactly what it's supposed to do and is a creamy texture. I couldn't give it a higher rating because it was a bit too frosty for me. If you like frosty lip colours though, then this would be great for you!