October 31, 2014 | 1664 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Ultra-Sensitive Essentials Kit (trial size)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by tamespy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm loving Jurlique products! I purchased the full sizes of the trial size products. Within 1 week the rash on the side of my eyes disappeared! The rash was compliments of another company's product. I had an allergic reaction and then my skin rejected my normal cleanser. I'm not allergic to Jurlique's ingredients or any "family" of the ingredients. Thank God. I actually purchased their products because these are ingredients that I know my skin likes.

The acne and clogged pores got worse! Aaarg! And now they're getting better. I definitely went through that 2 weeks of purging. I know because everything breakout I had healed. New ones cropped up and disappeared and now I have a small batch that cropped up and are calming. It's not a miracle worker, but I see improvement every day. Also, I know that I have to use masks. That was a fact before Jurlique and it's still a must for me. I have to purify with masks several times a week in addition to the daily regimen.

I really like Jurlique for the daily because it does not irritate me. It seems to be healing my skin. And my skin has not been this soft in decades. Plus my face smells so delicious! Can't wait for my husband to get back in town to see/smell the results.

A little goes a long way. It's expensive as hell, but I'm only using 1 -2 squirts of products. It'll definitely last months. Except the mists. They're so refreshing that I use 4-5 pumps. Not totally reformed from over-application yet. ;D Patting is the key to their products.

I've been using their products for about a month. Will update. So far so good. I'm pleased and will definitely continue to use these products.

1/21/12 Update - Still use this line.Love it and it still works for me. My breakouts are caused by environmental triggers. These products keep my skin calm and heals it quickly and gently. The larger bottles last 6 months, except the toner spray -- but I knew that. The purifying mask and blemish cream are great. Will update you again.

5/24/12 Updated Again - This line saved my skin -- it fixed my sensitivity. But it didn't clear my acne so I kept looking. Also, the cleanser didn't clean deeply enough. I still have product, but don't reach for it often. Again, I think it did what it was meant to do -- fix the sensitivity. I use different that address my acne and environmental triggers.

I want to give my current regimen several more months before mentioning them. So far so good. They're not out of left field; I'm still listening to my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by boogle

I recently had a bout of horribly sensitive skin. I still don't know what caused it, but I was concerned it might be to do with preservatives, mineral oils etc, so Jurlique seemed like a good choice with their 'all natural' type approach. As they are premium priced I thought I'd buy the trial kit so as not to waste money if it didn't suit. Whilst in the store, I gave myself a spritz of the toner and by the time I got home my face was burning!!! Like other reviewers, I then looked more closely at the ingredients to see that one of the main ingredients is alcohol - a disaster for sensitive skin. Luckily I hadn't opened the kit so was able to return it and get my money back at least. Their other products in the kit contain essential oils which can be aggravating to sensitive skin (they are to mine) so if you are not sure what you are sensitive too I would give this range a miss.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Seagulls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have moderate rosacea and I was really hoping Jurlique was going to be a good product---but it was one of the worst lines I've tried yet. I bought the Introductory kit off of their website (about $60 something w/ shipping and tax). But here's what happened: #1 Soothing Foaming Cleanser: I had to wash my face twice because it wasn't strong enough to dissolve my make-up. I pretty much expected this though, because gentle cleansers are usually not abrasive enough to break make-up down in one go. It has a strong lavender scent, which I didn't understand. If they're trying to "rebalance sensitivity," they probably shouldn't be using fragrances--even if they are natural. #2 Chamomile Soothing Mist: Felt okay, but after putting it on, I noticed that alcohol is the second ingredient---which is a huge no-no for sensitive/rosacea skin. #3 Nurturing Mask: I hated this. I was shocked that it was a typical, kaolin clay mask. It was one of those that dried and hardened. I was expecting a mask that stayed soft and supple, but this mask was a total joke. By the time I took it off, my face was beet-red. #4 Soothing Herbal Recovery Gel: This was the product I was really looking forward to. I was hoping that it would be cool and calming. Instead, I felt my face start to tingle and then it got hot. My face became REALLY red. #5 Soothing Day Care Lotion: Hoping that the lotion would put out the fire, I put on the directed two pumps worth. It felt nice and went into the skin easily, but did nothing to calm my highly irritated skin. My skin stayed fire-hot and strawberry red for over an hour. This kit was utterly worthless for me. I may try just the cleanser and just the lotion and then do an update, but man, this stunk. More empty promises.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed with this kit. It was expensive and didn't do anything to calm or soothe my skin. Jurlique face products just don't seem to suit my skin. I have better luck with the body products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by mskara

I bought this kit as my introduction to Jurlique's Ultra Sensitive range, and I liked most all of the products. For some time now, I have been purchasing and using the full sizes of the face wash, AHC, day lotion, and night treatment. I wasn't crazy about the Ultra Sensitive toner, and I use the Pure Rosewater Freshener instead of that one. Otherwise, my oily/combination, sensitive skin does just great with these products!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2005 7:24:00 PM More reviews by pixielulu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

unforturly I had an allergy with this product in the end my skin felt worster .I started to get red strachy bunps and was way too oily I wouldn't recommened this product to anyone who has sensitive skin I would try the other ranges in Jurlique I can say on the postive side the cleasers are very nice gental and feels like it takes everything off but the creams I don't like

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2004 8:50:00 PM More reviews by pixielulu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it so much the best purchase ever.
The cleanser smell so nice to me it a faint smell of oranges and roses even though the ingredients has chamamile and lavendar .
It's a milky cleanser that has small foaming action.It dosen't leave your skin greasy at all like most sensitive ranges I've tried.And seems very concerted so you don't need very much
The toner is a pump you do have to use a bit three sqirts.
Very refreashing feel!
The lotion smell so gorgous it's really light and goes a long way I use 3 squirts because I do my decolletae I haven't gad any problem yet but will keep you guys informed.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2003 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Lizz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did nothing to soothe or calm my sensitive skin. Total disappointment!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Pickiis

i LOVE this set!! I have thin, sensitive and very dehydrated skin, and this set had changed the appearance of it. My skin now looks and feels plumped. I will definitely buy these products again. furthermore, with AUST$55 for this trial set, it truly is a bargain, it lasted for about 2 months. I think any1 with dry sensitive skin should try this set. I especially love the day moisturiser, coz other moisturisers that ive tried either only lasts for 6 hrs or they clog my pores (ones that contain ceramide). but with this moisturiser, even though feels abit sticky, it doesnt clog my pores, and hydrates at least 10 hours non stop. After I started using these products, I dun even wear makeup to work anymore (I work for a skincare company)! and I love the toner too. it's the best toner Ive ever used!! all in all, I seriously think this set is the best skincare Ive ever used (Ive purchased brands like clarins, clinique, shiseido, biotherm, h2o, aveda, elizabeth arden, avene, sofina etc etc., but all of them only sits on top of ur skin, but jurlique really sinks deep into ur skin!!) highly recommeded!!
UPDATE 21/05/03: it is sooo... sad, I still think its very hydrating and everything i said above... i finally bought the full size of the products, but then after using it for 2 weeks, i keep getting very severe allergy, so went to doctor and said i got contact dermatitis, and i believed its from this range, coz i stopped using it, and didnt get anymore allergy for a month now. anyway...i got a refund of the products, so that was nice of them. I felt strange y i get allergy after 2.5 months of using it, so i asked the doctor, and he said sometimes allergy can happen few months after u use the product. it was very disappointind indeed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2003 1:25:00 PM More reviews by windsurfnerd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish Jurlique would publish its ingredient lists...I have rosacea & sensitive, dry skin so I was dismayed to find (after I bought this product) that two of the samples contain witch hazel, an irritant to us rosaceans. Although I like the natural composition and smell of these products, I don't feel that they really address "sensitive skin" (more of a marketing ploy?).