April 25, 2014 | 1064 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by heathergmorrison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail liquid liner for everyday use. Its perfect for my fellow oily girls, you can wear this on its own or on top of primer and eyeshadow. This is the only liquid eyeliner that doesn't crease or run (since I do a pretty thick winged eye liner everyday). The bush takes a little practice to get the hang of but once you figure it out its a breeze.

Since this formula is waterproof if it does flake but its very minor and only happens when you are rubbing your eyes, I would rather have an eyeliner flake than smear all over my eyes. The pigmentation is very black and sets very quickly so you have to work fast. It also lasts a long time which I love.

Overall, its the best liquid liner i've ever used and i recommend everyone to use it too! Give it it a try you won't regret

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Katgurl091

The ONLY liquid eyeliner I will EVER use! I love this stuff, it's the only liquid eyeliner I have found that actually stays on, doesn't clump, and is easy to apply. It takes a little practice for anyone to use liquid eyeliner but it's easier than some of the other products out there. I have been using this for 5 years, and I will cry if they ever discontinue this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

Eyeliner is an individualized decision. Felt tip, brush, crayon, etc.? Out of habit, I always thought I preferred a brush, but at this point I don't think I mind how the formula comes as long as the quality is good. I find with felt tips, the bottle/tube will dry out quickly.
This particular product lasts a very long time, even with every day use. Which is why I added a lippie. I love the brush, the length of the brush/handle. However, all of these things as useless if the formula sucks.
The color is definitely black (not a vague greyish-black). But it is crumbly/flakey. It's noticeable after a few hours of wear and definitely when you're attempting to remove it. Think of what it's like to remove false lashes, it's basically a strip you peel off your lashes, right? That's what it's like to remove this eyeliner. You can practically peel it off. Not good. I've found this product is best used when creating a line first with a pencil and then going over it for pigment purposes with this liner. That's silly to have to use two separate products. Anyway, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. I think I'd just stick with pencil if I had to. Right now I'm working on Revlon Color Stay, which is a step up...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this liner for a few years now. I guess I kept buying it out of habit but I think it's time I stop and try something else. It comes with a brush (as opposed to the felt tip most liners have) - It took me a lot of practice to make my line look straight but I've mastered it now. In the beginning I kept smearing it all over the place but I got used to it.

PROS:
- It's cheap
-Lasts quite a while
- If you mess up, wait a few seconds and you can literally wipe it off (cleanly).
-Easy to remove
-Huge color payoff - very pigmented

CONS:
- Clumps easily (not sure if they all do that, though)
-Stings if it comes in contact with your eyes
-It rubs off SO easily - if your eyes water, it goes with it.
-Doesn't last very long - like I said above, it wipes off very easily. This is the most annoying part for me because if I let anything come in contact with my liner it'll rub off instantly.
-It says it's waterproof but it's not. If you dipped your head in water and let your face air dry it'd probably stay but if you let anything touch it it'll instantly rub off.

Again, it's not bad..I just think it's time for a change.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Britty18

This eyeliner stays very well unless you touch it, making it crumble right off. This crumbling thing really irritated my eyes, so I just can't use this. Plus it's hard to apply without making a super thick line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by ncabado

I love this liner, I am a big makeup fan and no matter how many liquids I try, I always come back to this one. It is very black (no need to build up the liquid to get it a true black). It is shiny but not too shiny. Yeah it does kind of peel off after long wear but for the price I think it is great, one little tube lasts me forever, I personally love the brush but I wouldn't recommend it for beginners.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

I bought this liner because I was looking for something waterproof that has staying power.

PROS:
- very nice thin brush (the brush is made of bristles, not felt tipped)
- nice color pay off

CONS:
- maybe because its waterproof but the liquid sometimes drys quickly on the brush so make sure to apply quickly
- when i remove this with makeup remover, the liner flakes off in pieces onto my skin instead of wiping off on the napkin
-if any of this eyeliner gets on my eyelashes when i apply them, i can simply never completely get them off afterwards!
- not exactly waterproof! sometimes my eyes get watery and parts of the liner would flake off

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

This eyeliner is okay....Just okay. It's nothing special. It is too liquidy for my liking (I mean hey, it is a liquid liner). I know someone who uses it everyday & she loves it. When it's applied the light can reflect off of it & make it appear shiny, which I don't like. It stays on really well for 8-10 hrs, which isn't bad. It's just a meh product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by londontown

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an American who lives in London, UK. This eyeliner is not available in the UK, but I stock up on it whenever I visit the States & I also buy it from eBay (which makes it a bit expensive, but I have to have it!)
I have super oily skin & nothing - literally no other eyeliner stays on my eyes all day! Waterproof doesn't mean oil proof! I've tried top brands of eyeliners that say they last all day & are budge proof - they melted on my lids within an hour! Regular Maybelline waterproof eyeliners also start swimming & smudging after 1 hour, but the Maybelline Ultra waterproof - now THIS stays on ALL day & ALL night (should I need it to!) No melting, sliding or smudging. I find the brush very easy to use - I can make very thin lines or bolder lines with ease. It goes on smoothly. I've wasted so much money on trying to find an eyeliner that stays on for the day & only Maybelline Ultra works for me. I don't know what I'd do if they stop making it. It's already hard to find on eBay.....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by poopinpants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this eyeliner on a whim because my cousin had this liner and it looked good on her so i thought id give it a try i am very disappointed by this liner when i put it on it dries and feels like its tugging my eye and it dries to a gross flaky way. it is not worth the price wont be buying this again