Matrix Biolage - Ultra Hydrating Shampoo

3.9

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hexylene Glycol, Hydroxystearyl Cetyl Ether, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cocamide MIPA, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Arginine HCl, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Sage (Salvia Officinalis) Extract, Pollen Extract, Saponaria Officinalis (Soapwart) Extract, Silk Amino Acid, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ), Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus) Extract

on 4/8/2015 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo/conditioner combo after getting my hair cut upon the recommendation of the stylist and it had a promotional price if purchased together with the conditioner so I figured I couldn't pass it up, ( I was running low on my regular drugstore shampoo Organix coconut milk which I love) thinking this is salon brand and says ultra hydrating so it should be better. Boy was I wrong, it dried out my hair. And I feel like it started to fall out too. If I could return it I would but it has already been used. Looking at the ingredients I can see why it dried it out.

Will not finish the bottle and not buy again

on 4/5/2015 5:49:00 PM

My hair is very dry, thin and this has been caused due to me dying it constantly while I was in High School. Because of this I have been searching for the magic product to help my hair, give it life and less dull looking.

I switched to this brand and have been so happy since, I can use it everyday without it making my hair look greasy. It gives my hair life and gets rid of any tangles and has also helped strengthen my hair.

on 11/25/2014 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I don't understand this shampoo. I thought it was supposed to hydrate. this made my hair so rough I could not get a comb through it.
I guess it is possible I go a fake bottle but this stuff is awful
I bought it at a Cost Co
I am shocked at the condition of my hair. I am just glad I figured out what was wrong
before I cut all my hair off. It seems to have changed the texture of my hair. I hope not

on 7/20/2013 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love love this shampoo and just bought my second bottle in a liter size on sale at beauty brands! Very moisturizing and LOVE the smell. Does not weigh my hair down and keeps it from getting so tangled.

NO! JUST NO! Don't buy this!!! I hate this brand. I am so mad. I am going to be writing to matrix to refund my money! Hydrating?? where? This left my dry hair drier! It felt like hay or dried out grass.

My hair is dry, but it's manageable. After I took a shower I could not comb my hair, it felt so horrendous. I used it two times, and I have no desire to ever use it again. I hate their volumizing shampoo too, I'll be reviewing that too. But this one is worse. Please please please save your money and do not buy! Dove, suave, or anything is better for hydration. I didn't buy the conditioner with it but I'm sure the difference wouldn't have been drastic anyways.

I wasted $24 dollars for this small bottle. Amazon sells the huge bottle for the same price, so if you are still willing to try the product buy it on amazon.

Bottom line: I hate this product, a full bottle of this is lying in my bedroom. What a waste of money =(

on 7/13/2013 1:21:00 AM

SMELLS AMAZING!!! I love it sooo much!!! It works to fight my terribly frizzy hair and rehydrates my ends after too much heat styling (hehe) And did I mention it smells awesome?!?

on 4/22/2013 6:39:00 PM

I join the chorus of (mostly) positive reviews for this Ultra-Hydrating Shampoo. Like some of the others, I tried the Hydrating version and it did actually seem to make my hair crunchy and drier over time. This however, is a wonderful product which makes my formerly dry hair feel and look soft and silky, with renewed shine and bounciness. I used this in conjunction with the regular conditioning Balm and the frizz-free shine serum; what a great combo! I absolutely love the classic Biolage scent and all of the natural ingredients in this shampoo; it's really awesome and can't believe how many great products now exist in the this line since I first used it in 1990. Great stuff.

UPDATE: this shmpoo ruined my hair! I used it for a week and my hair felt coated with a heavy wax. My ends felt gummy. I had to wash my hair with antiresidue shampoo for 3 days just to start to break it up. Now my hair is dry and coarse and reacts horrible to other shampoos. Even Pureology makes my hair look crispy and knotted at the ends and greasy on top. I will never use biolage products again! Hair: fine, shoulder length, letting color grow out, greasy roots, dry ends.
I've been using the biolage color care shampoo but that dried my hair out. I switched to the ultra hydrating to put moisture back in my hair. I've been using it for a few days. It has the perfect amount of moisture an my hair isn't greasy! It gives my hair shine too. My hair is super soft and I can actually run my fingers through my hair! But this shampoo doesn't give the "silky" look or feel I was hoping for. My hair is flat and doesn't really move. If your looking for something just to add moisture this is the perfect shampoo. You'll have to use other products to give your hair the "silky" look. I use the biolage detangling solution with it (a super light weight conditioner) and a few drops of matrix exquisit oil before I blow dry.

on 3/5/2013 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I prefer this over the regular hydrating shampoo, since the regular hydrating shampoo can be drying over time. It smells great to my nose (classic Biolage scent) and cleans well without drying out my hair or making it feel stiff before I apply conditioner. My curls remain intact without losing bounce, shine, or volume. I use a nickel size amount and concentrate on my scalp only. I have also used the GVP version and that worked well too.

on 2/6/2013 8:51:00 AM

My hair has been getting worse as far as manageability over the last year. After I had my son and also after getting my hair done last year, it just seemed to be at it's absolute worst. DRY, completely unmanageable, tangly and frizzy. Nothing I tried worked. I tried all kinds of shampoo and conditioners, leave in conditioners, sprays. You name it! I started trying to comb my hair out with conditioner in my hair while I was in the shower, and it felt like the comb wanted to break each time because it was just a tangled rats nest. I finally found this blog and found out about Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner Balm. Let me tell you, it has made a world of difference with my hair. I can get a comb through it no problem in the shower, and I don't have to spend an hour after the shower trying to get my hair under control. My hair is softer and more manageable, and I am absolutely thrilled! I really thought there was no hope for my hair!

Popular Shampoos