December 20, 2014 | 1587 users online

Shampoo - Matrix - Biolage - Ultra Hydrating Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand this shampoo. I thought it was supposed to hydrate. this made my hair so rough I could not get a comb through it.
I guess it is possible I go a fake bottle but this stuff is awful
I bought it at a Cost Co
I am shocked at the condition of my hair. I am just glad I figured out what was wrong
before I cut all my hair off. It seems to have changed the texture of my hair. I hope not

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Pnut30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love this shampoo and just bought my second bottle in a liter size on sale at beauty brands! Very moisturizing and LOVE the smell. Does not weigh my hair down and keeps it from getting so tangled.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by ladybugsspots

NO! JUST NO! Don't buy this!!! I hate this brand. I am so mad. I am going to be writing to matrix to refund my money! Hydrating?? where? This left my dry hair drier! It felt like hay or dried out grass.

My hair is dry, but it's manageable. After I took a shower I could not comb my hair, it felt so horrendous. I used it two times, and I have no desire to ever use it again. I hate their volumizing shampoo too, I'll be reviewing that too. But this one is worse. Please please please save your money and do not buy! Dove, suave, or anything is better for hydration. I didn't buy the conditioner with it but I'm sure the difference wouldn't have been drastic anyways.

I wasted $24 dollars for this small bottle. Amazon sells the huge bottle for the same price, so if you are still willing to try the product buy it on amazon.

Bottom line: I hate this product, a full bottle of this is lying in my bedroom. What a waste of money =(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Dannibee123

SMELLS AMAZING!!! I love it sooo much!!! It works to fight my terribly frizzy hair and rehydrates my ends after too much heat styling (hehe) And did I mention it smells awesome?!?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I join the chorus of (mostly) positive reviews for this Ultra-Hydrating Shampoo. Like some of the others, I tried the Hydrating version and it did actually seem to make my hair crunchy and drier over time. This however, is a wonderful product which makes my formerly dry hair feel and look soft and silky, with renewed shine and bounciness. I used this in conjunction with the regular conditioning Balm and the frizz-free shine serum; what a great combo! I absolutely love the classic Biolage scent and all of the natural ingredients in this shampoo; it's really awesome and can't believe how many great products now exist in the this line since I first used it in 1990. Great stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

UPDATE: this shmpoo ruined my hair! I used it for a week and my hair felt coated with a heavy wax. My ends felt gummy. I had to wash my hair with antiresidue shampoo for 3 days just to start to break it up. Now my hair is dry and coarse and reacts horrible to other shampoos. Even Pureology makes my hair look crispy and knotted at the ends and greasy on top. I will never use biolage products again! Hair: fine, shoulder length, letting color grow out, greasy roots, dry ends.
I've been using the biolage color care shampoo but that dried my hair out. I switched to the ultra hydrating to put moisture back in my hair. I've been using it for a few days. It has the perfect amount of moisture an my hair isn't greasy! It gives my hair shine too. My hair is super soft and I can actually run my fingers through my hair! But this shampoo doesn't give the "silky" look or feel I was hoping for. My hair is flat and doesn't really move. If your looking for something just to add moisture this is the perfect shampoo. You'll have to use other products to give your hair the "silky" look. I use the biolage detangling solution with it (a super light weight conditioner) and a few drops of matrix exquisit oil before I blow dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer this over the regular hydrating shampoo, since the regular hydrating shampoo can be drying over time. It smells great to my nose (classic Biolage scent) and cleans well without drying out my hair or making it feel stiff before I apply conditioner. My curls remain intact without losing bounce, shine, or volume. I use a nickel size amount and concentrate on my scalp only. I have also used the GVP version and that worked well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by krissymay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hair has been getting worse as far as manageability over the last year. After I had my son and also after getting my hair done last year, it just seemed to be at it's absolute worst. DRY, completely unmanageable, tangly and frizzy. Nothing I tried worked. I tried all kinds of shampoo and conditioners, leave in conditioners, sprays. You name it! I started trying to comb my hair out with conditioner in my hair while I was in the shower, and it felt like the comb wanted to break each time because it was just a tangled rats nest. I finally found this blog and found out about Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner Balm. Let me tell you, it has made a world of difference with my hair. I can get a comb through it no problem in the shower, and I don't have to spend an hour after the shower trying to get my hair under control. My hair is softer and more manageable, and I am absolutely thrilled! I really thought there was no hope for my hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by nurali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was recommended to use this shampoo by my hairdresser and Im glad she did. I have thick long curly/wavy fizzy, 'Blasian' hair and I lost hope in finding a shampoo that is strong enough to smooth my thick hair. First time I ahve used it my hair was soo soft and smooth I couldnt get over it its now my HG product. I have been using it for a couple of months now and it still has the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by bandella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I. LOVE. THIS. SHAMPOO. When I say I have dry hair, believe me, it is DRY. It's super long, naturally very curly, super thick, and all around just a pain to deal with. I've always had issues with frizz and that gross hay-like consistency dry, curly hair tends to suffer from. Then one day after getting some highlights put in, I noticed that my salon was having a sale on Biolage. A former coworker, also of the Dry and Curly Hair Club, had told me years earlier that she swore by the stuff, so I decided to give it a try. And you know what? She was absolutely right. It's awesome. Pricey, but a little goes a long way even with my really long, thick hair, so it's well worth the price. I don't wash my hair every day anyway, since my PITA hair won't tolerate it, but using this stuff every other day or so keeps my hair really soft and nicely moisturized. I still usually have to follow up with a curl-defining mousse to tame the frizz, but not nearly as much as I would without Biolage. I'm a fangirl. A total fangirl.