Urban Decay Big Bang nail polish

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is a metallic pink with a lot of shimmer. In two coats it was applied even. It's a nice color but, it's really nothing special.

on 7/26/2010 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got a mini-bottle of this in the ďApocalypticĒ nail set from beauty.com. I am so unimpressed with the shade & the wear of this particular color that I only hope the others in the kit are better. This is a bright, metallic hot pink. Admittedly, its sort of out of my comfort zone (of deep purples & reds) but summer seemed the perfect time to try something brighter. I canít help but feel this color is kind of cheap-ish and too young-looking for a thirty-something mother of 2 to pull off. But my feelings about the color aside, the performance of this is poor. It goes on thick and kind of gloppy (I donít wear a lot of metallic colors, so maybe this is normal?), though I will give it credit for drying pretty quickly. I applied 2 coats followed by a top coat. My biggest complaint is that 12 hours later, 5 nails are significantly chipped on the tips already. Granted I abuse my nails, but I didnít really do much, just slept & got ready for work this morning and noticed the chipping. Iíll probably touch it up with another coat tonight to see if I can get a few more days of wear out of it, but it seems to be too high-maintenance for me already. I just donít recommend it. Even if the color is for you, the wear of this is so poor, surely there are similar shades in lower-priced lines that perform better. EDIT 7/27/10. Lowered rating to 1, had to remove it after only 2 days, it chipped like crazy. Boo...trying 'Meltdown' next, I hope that one's better.

on 4/13/2010 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

3.5 stars. I got this color from Sephora in a holiday set. It came in mini size. The color is pretty and flashy. The sparkles really make the polish look metallic. The sparkles are more fine so you're not going to see huge chunks. Definitely magenta/fuschia in color. It does kinda chip a little but I kinda expect that with a glitter n/p- and it's not bad at all, I have on 2 coats and no top coat, it's day 3 and it could look a lot worse. Even though the color is pretty, I'm more of a creme-finish kinda gal. This is a nice change though- nice if you like flashy and colorful metallics. Prob won't be running out for the full size however.

on 6/12/2007 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this on my toes, so I won't notice the "chip factor" as much as some. The fuschia is loaded with fine glitter and almost looks metallic. Very pretty.

on 1/19/2007 5:26:00 PM

I know this chips pretty badly for some people, and it chips a bit for me as well, but this is the most gorgeous color I have ever seen. It is so shimmery and sparkly and gorgeous and I just love it! It is loaded with fine silver glitter, and it makes my nails look so shiny. Such a beautiful fuschia color!

on 11/19/2006 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

The fuschia-est fuschia you will ever come across, and it's loaded with fine glitter. Awesome, but it gets goopy and messy, and it chips as soon as it dries. They need to overhaul the formula something awful.

I love this color but the lasting quality is for the birds. I can't understand why, even after I put on a base coat AND a top coat, this chips within 5 hours of it drying? It's nonsense.

The color is the only redeeming quality. I love the deepness of the fuschia and I love how it's only slightly glittery. It's more of a shimmer than a glitter, which is always fun. It looks best on my toes, especially since it doesn't chip as much when its there. :) continued >>

on 1/2/2004 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the color is got silver glitter and looks great w/a fusha color BUT it chips so bad on my finger nails.. so sadly i have to keep applying over and over but on the bright side i haven't had this trouble w/ my toes! love the color just wish it wouldn't dacay of my nails