Smashbox Smashing Cream Eye Liner - Picasso

3.1

Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Talc, Nylon 12, Silica, Kaolin (CI 77004), Microcrystalline Wax, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, BHT, Vegetable Oil, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)

on 2/16/2015 5:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this at Winners when I saw it there and thought I would try it out. To make this eyeliner work for me at all, I have to melt it with a flame/heat. Even then, it's very splotchy and doesn't go on properly. I would never buy this again.

on 6/29/2010 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This shows up black on my eyelids. Even over eyeshadow its still black. Its suppose to be blue. Even the cheapy avon navy eyeliner look blue, Im so dissapointed. It is long wearing even in extreme heat, but If youre looking for a blue cream liner, this is not it. It will not make blue eyes look blue thats for sure.

on 3/25/2010 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Why do I read reviews then ignore them? I'm looking for a true navy cream or gel liner that isn't so dark that it looks black on the lid. I like cream liners and Smashbox shadow liners in particular, so I thought I'd give Picasso a try. It applied easily and lasted all day on me, but as other reviewers have noted, it's purple. Not navy or even really blue, but purple. It does a great job of accentuating my dark circles. Back it goes. Sorry, Smashbox.

on 3/28/2009 9:57:00 AM

So disappointing. I wanted to try a different brand from Bobbi Brown - and it's in the same price range as her liners (I think BB is around 25$ Canadian and I paid 27$ for the Picasso). The colour of this eyeliner is an intense, bright navy that is lovely on my brown eyes and olive-gold skin. However, the lasting power is horrible and it slips off within a couple hours. My lids are oily as I use a very rich eye cream, but Bobbi Brown's gel liners stay on just fine - all day. Even if you let the Picasso dry properly, a light dusting of eyeshadow over top can completely remove the liner. Moreover, the Picasso is not as smooth and easy to apply as BB's liners. I will toss it and not repurchase.

on 3/22/2009 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this as part of the Brow Tech & Cream Eye Liner Palette in the Try Me! set. The following cream liners were included: Image (sparkly green black), Caviar (black), Thunder (grey), Picasso (midnight blue), Putty (brownish grey), Midnight Brown (dark brown). I like the high pigmentation of this liner, as well as the creamy quality. While I understand the concept of cream liners being soft smudgable for smokey eyes, IMO they they should set eventually so that they look the same later in the day as they did when you were finished applying your makeup. I actually don't have smudging problems with this product (no raccoon eyes or anything like that)-- it just doesn't last (it just seems to disappear...) However, I think it's a little overpriced given the quality--I cannot get the liner to last on my lower lashline for more than a few hours even using eye primer and setting it with some powder.

Overall: This isn't my HG, feel that there are better d/s cream liners, and will keep looking.

on 12/8/2008 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is killer for brown eyes. It's everything I wanted LM Bleu Marine eyeliner to be. I can't say anything on its wear or smear factor, since I have only swatched this; but I can say this is a great daytime liner that really pops brown eyes. The color is a blue/purple, and the consistency is between a gel and cake; which is perfect for easy application without water. This seem easier to apply than regular gel liners and easier to build sans the flaking. I have never consistently used Smashbox, being a LM/BB/Mac fan, but I might have to add more of these liners to my collection. I am glad I didn't read the reviews prior to purchasing on this one. For ref. I use Mac 266 for application.

on 1/30/2008 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have 3 Smashbox cream eyeliners and agree with other reviewer that for some odd reason, this particular color seems to come in a different consistency over the other colors I own. This color does wear off/smudge much easier than the other 2 which don't budge when I put them on. I'd give the other colors a 5 lippie rating, but this one gets just 3. The color is very nice for dark brown eyes. As with all the Smashbox cream liners, it takes a practiced and patient hand to apply this stuff - don't know that I would have been very good at applying this stuff 10-15 years ago when I was a relative "virgin" to cream and liquid liners. Take it slow and use a stiff synthetic brush.

on 12/10/2007 6:22:00 PM

I love this color. It is kind of a blue/purple. It looks great on blue eyes.

on 3/8/2007 2:48:00 AM

I own two Smashbox eyeliners - the black one (Caviar) and now bought the second one - Picasso. I do like them both (this one is of beautiful cool dark-blue no-violet-tint colour), but I think that they are different slightly in consistently. Picasso is softer and more watery may be so it takes more patience to use it. I had no difficulties in applying it with a brush (not a smashbox one, but a cheaper brush from isa dora) , thopugh I had to go several times on top of some parts which seemed a bit opaque. The result - even, bright, nice line.

I also like ingredients in these liners - they have castor oil so I hope it does smthing nice to lashes :)

The only grudge - I wish it were less expensive.

on 12/11/2006 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I only bought this because it was $1.99 when Robinsons-May went out of business. It's a beautiful inky blue cream liner, but it doesn't go on as richly as it looks in the pot, and only lasts half the day unless I layer on some eyeshadow over it. Definitely not worth $22, but if it was $1.99 again, I'd probably buy it.