Yves Saint Laurent Jazz

4.2

on 12/6/2010 12:12:00 PM

With a generous dab from my sample, Jazz has one of the most beautiful openings that is both sweet, lush and refreshing. It gives me a vision covered with lavender field next to a blue lagoon surrounded with sweet flowers popping out their happy heads. However, as soon as it dries it becomes a rather intense, warm aromatic fragrance that could be better on someone with stubbles. I still like it because it makes me think of the colour emerald with the darkest ink blue of ocean depths. I think with the right woman, it would go well with tweeds, small velvet jackets and sexy V-necks. Medium sillage with a cool trail and very good lasting power.

on 10/15/2005 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So, it's my first review....
Recently purchased Jazz when kate8 and I were out and about after a long Thursday at work. I remembered that when this first came out, I wasn't that interested, but that was back in the early 90's before my tastes matured. (Lots of clean and fresh scents back then - Wings and such) However I am very happy with the new purchase. As far as the scent goes, I get a big rush of lavender (which I tend to like on both myself and on others - Floris Lavender is another fave), but I also notice some woody scents with a trace of powder.

Another YSL fragrance that compares well is Rive Gauche pour Homme, although Jazz is much more based in lavender, where the RG has more spice, but they both have that fading scent of powder (probably offending some perfumer somewhere who's crying out, "It's not powder, it's [insert something much more expensive]!!" but oh well...).

My only complaint about Jazz is the cap....it only goes back on the bottle facing one direction - I know it's all about the look they're going for, but for a guy who stumbles around the closet at 6:45 am looking for the right scent, the last thing I need is a minor "Arrgh!" when I can't put the cap on the first try. But don't that stop you from buying it; should be a hit with most men (and I imagine plenty of women could pull if off too!)

on 4/17/2005 10:10:00 PM

Jazz for Men, EDT or After Shave. Designed in 1988. Put this one on your man and Swoon!! A fellow at my office wears this and it's just so heavenly! Of course he's quite heavenly himself (and happily married)........ anyway, what a distracted mind I have this morning, Jazz cologne is extremely masculine and yet herbal/sexy at the same time. It is lavender, ferns, and musk, plus carnation, cinnamon and leather. Very subtle, not powerful. But ooooh is it ever lovely!! This men's cologne is handsome, in a Cary Grant sort of way. Yummmmmmmm.

My BF's old standby, smells nice on him, but often makes me gag because so many men can't smell it anymore and they DROWN themselves in it.

Lavender and Rosemary come on strong and stay around for the party. Masculine with no hint of sweetness, which is good, because I find men's colognes with sweet notes off-putting.

on 7/5/2003 10:23:00 PM

Oh, I love this one...so much so that I gave it to my dad...lol! It just reminded me of him, big, strong and successful! Great scent!

Popular Fragrances