October 31, 2014 | 976 users online

Top/Base Coats - Rimmel - Base Coat and Strengthener

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Cressidah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

For the office I prefer a simple finish to my nails....I normally wear three coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails.....this product is so wow....very very sheer pink (probably need another very) and smooths my nails out so well...I put on two coats and finish with Rimmel 5 in 1.......unbelieveable shine...and with sparkles

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by jedda

Very good for a drugstore base coat. I like the slight shimmer, it makes this one of my favorite 'clear' polishes to use on lazy nail days. It does prevent staining if I use two thick coats. Worth the small price, and I would probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by anya_tay

Love this product! I use it alone as a polish on my hands because I like a clean natural look. People ask me if I got my nails done when I use it. I love the slight hint of glitter which is barely noticeable and just makes the nails look super shiny. I have used this under Chanel Rouge Noir and it helped against staining. I find that it lasts at least a week before I need to redo them. Definitely makes my nails stronger.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by celticsiog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I bought it a few weeks ago and have been using it ever since. My nails grow really quickly but usually break really easily. I'm really hard on my hands as I do a lot of cooking and cleaning at home and my nails have not broken since I started using this (touch wood). I've used it under nail polishes and its amazing. I'm currently using it on its own and the lovely pink glitters add a nice naturally glossy look to my nails. The brush is really good too. Its kind of flat and wide so it just takes 2 strokes to cover my nails and it dries really quickly. I don't imagine I will be without this in the future. Love it, does exactly what it says. Def a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by kimtnguyen

Really like this product! got it in a swap! looks great by itself. has sparkles that makes my nails shine even more.. nice consistancy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is not "dirt cheap" in Australia, but it's under $10AUD, which is cheap enough considering the cost of most cosmetics in this country. I like the slight pink tinge and almost undetectable golden sparkle it gives my nails. It makes a manicure last longer, BUT... (note the capital letters) it really stinks of something that smells like formaldehyde. It smells like the dead frogs I had to dissect in middle school science class. Other than the strong smell, it's a good buy.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by strambini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great simple base coat. It's cheap and it does the job well. It also looks lovely on its own as it has super tiny glitter specs throughout!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's very pretty and dries quickly, but it's not strengthening my nails. good for lazy ppl like me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I really love this stuff. It dries really quickly, is very glossy and lasts for more than one day. Which on me is a miracle, cuz no polishes last even 24 hours on me (fiinger nails) so I loooove. I also like the super fine glitter - pretty and only noticeable if you know its there. And the price is decent. All in all great - will buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a pink-tinted base coat that is surprisingly glossy. It also (for some reason) has pink super-micro-glitter. So it looks pretty good on its own if you like a low-key, natural look. It has a nice liquidy texture (sticky, thick base coats drive me crazy) and dries fairly quickly, about four or five minutes. I've found that it tends to peel or curl at the edges after about four or five days of normal wear and tear and doesn't make a big difference in extending the life of a mani or pedi (I think a good top coat is the key). But still, it's cheap and an easy way to do my nails if I don't feel like buffing or using 'real' nail polish.