October 23, 2014 | 1903 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Compact Matite

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Disa17

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd love to try another foundation just for a new experience. However, this foundation works really well for me. So, don't try to fix what ain't broke!. It gives me a radiant look and conceals my fine lines (I'm 59 years of age). It has wonderful staying power which is greatly needed when living in the tropics. I have been using this product for approximately five years. I purchase the refills on StrawberryNet. Together with my 10% plus extra discount for more products purchased it works out to be very cost effective.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 7:52:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The review is for the Teint Compact Hydra Feel. Packaging: The golden YSL compact, refillable, with a separate sponge and a large mirror. The product: Cream foundation, that turns into a powder without looking powdery though. The result is something between luminous and mat. I always use powder over my foundation, but with this one I didn't need it. For me though it was a little bit hard to apply. First I used the sponge and when I tried to blend it, it seemed that I was kind of "rubbing it off", so I kept adding more and it didn't look good. I found out that it is better applied by patting the sponge on your face or using a brush. Great cooling sensation, lovely fresh smell (at least I like it), PERFECT oil control and very soft, silky skin after application. The coverage though is light (without concealer) and I don't think is very biuldable. It is a foundation for good-skin-days. I also loved the color selection, because I usually can't find the lightest shades here in any brand... With this foundation it was the first time that I didn't go for the lightest shade. I used #2 and #3 was also a good match. The refills seem reasonably priced for a high-end foundation (30 euros here), but the quantity is rather small. Overall, it is not perfect, not HG, but I will keep repurchasing occasionaly for touch-ups or for those days when I don't want to wear much foundation and I don't want to go without either. It really gives you that "fresh look". PS: Using it with a primer made a huge difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by facsimile123

I bought the YSL hydra feel specifically for the dried out appearance of the foundation testers. Apparently they are creme but they felt between creme and powder when they have dried out. I decided to leave mine open to dry it out faster as i like the effect over the top of foundation giving it a porcelain effect. But in its suggested form its a rather ordinary creme foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by sahada

A real waste of money!

It got over within a month and the effect was cakey.

I'd never go again for this one

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by miotiramisu

I'm really surprised by the negative reviews for this foundation because it's become the miracle for my oily/dry skin. After hearing really good things about YSL's Parfait Complexcion Enhancer I had to have it. I use the Parfait as a primer to control the oil and help spread my foundation evenly. Now, I suppose if you didn't use a primer, this beautiful foundation would be useless. It worked best with the Teint Compact Matite. To finish I'll lightly powder for a very long lasting airbrushed effect. Since I this foundation was meant to keep skin matte, it can be drying for those who have already dry skin. If that's the case dont' forget to moisturize beneath the primer. The only thing not to love is the color selecton. Fortunately I found the perfect shade for my skin. I went to the mall using this foundation and I couldn't help but notice the glow on my skin in every mirror I looked in... ohh...... I hope they don't discontinue this. The packaging is in a gold case with good sized mirror and a reusable sponge. However, I found that I use way less with a brush and I the application spreads more evenly. The foundation itself is refillable so when you're done, all you have to buy is the little packet and set it in the case. I recommend this for ladies who have combination to oily skin. Please buy the Parfait Complexion Enhancer with this. It'll make it worth while.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kurryc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I found this foundation quite powdery and matte, but as soon I glided it over my face, it melted and although it is said to be a matte finish, I found the finish matte but also giving off a slight dewy-luminous look. I LOVED IT! It lasted for quite a long time too.

Unfortunely, here in Australia the temperatures have dramatically dropped, leaving my skin feeling dry and tight. Although I am using a great moisturizer underneath my hydrating Clarins primer.. once I've smoothed the YSL teint compact on... it started to flake and made my skin looking extremely, EXTREMELY dry., I have oily/combo skin and i am certain that if you have normal/dry skin and living in cold climates..DO NOT USE this product.

Sadly, i'll keep this product in my shelves until the warmer months come.

Yves Saint Laurent • Teint Compact Matite-

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by sdg13

Update!!! 8/24/07 I am downgrading my review of this product. It has formed a crust on the top like old pudding. As much as I liked it, this should not happen when it is kept closed properly. Sorry...Hopefully, I'm writing this about the right product. The product I have is called Teint Compact Hydrafeel - it's an oil free 10SPF creme to powder foundation. I fluctuate between liquid and these compact type foundations and so far this is the best creme to powder compact I have ever used. It goes on cool and liquidy and dries to a nice semi-matt finish. It blends beautifully and the coverage is buildable which is great for touching up spots. I think it's a great daytime makeup. I have sensitive combo skin which tends to clog with certain products. Not sure why all the negative reviews here except maybe for the limited color choices with this product. The compact is lovely and refillable and it's a quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2006 2:04:00 AM More reviews by sophienguyen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2004 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MissPurple

What's with the poor color selection!? It makes something as nice as this a waste.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2003 10:05:00 PM More reviews by luvlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

one of the most expensive powder foundations i have even bought but it's worth every cent. it gave a wonderful matte finish through out the day and i only had to touch it up once. it may be too drying for drier skin types though, once i applied an acne cream that caused my skin to peel and using this foundation only made my skin look drier. but on my normal skin days, this foundation is wonderful... beautiful, sleek packaging and of cos the ysl label... will repurchase