December 20, 2014 | 1607 users online

Nail Tools - Sally Hansen - No More Mistakes Manicure Clean-Up Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by emxs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually really surprised by all the bad reviews. This thing has been kind of a godsend for me. I agree with those saying that the remover that comes with this stick isn't very good, but it's no big deal - It's refillable, and you can refill it with whatever your favorite remover that you happen to have on hand is. Just pull out the tip of the pen, hold it over the sink and pour your remover in (okay, you might also want to have some kind of small funnel-type device on hand). The tip becomes stained, but I've never seen old stains affect my hand or my current polish color, so I don't really care.

Overall, I love this thing because of the precision it allows for. Maybe I'm just clumsy (Disclaimer: I definitely am), but the q-tip dipped in remover trick was never something I was able to pull off without screwing up my manicure. This is the only thing I've found that lets me get away with looking like I had my nails professionally done. My only gripe about this product is that it costs around $5 for something that is essentially just a small, hollow plastic tube with a cap and a little sponge-like tip attached to the end - Come on, something like that should cost around 99 cents. I'm still really glad I bought it though, and hopefully I'll be able to keep using the one I have for years.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by misskellyxiong

Horrible product- i will never buy again. The very first time I used it,it seemed to work okay and everything went downhill from there. The polish remover refused to come out of the pen, I had to sit for ages waiting for the pen to get saturated enough for the next swipe and even then it wasn't enough to clean my cuticles. What a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sunnygirl10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this item on clearance. I've always looked at it in the store but never bought it. My opinion is split...while it is very convenient to use, the liquid in the pen is not the greatest so I added some acetone to the pen. After I did that it worked out much better for me.

I never wear dark nail polish so I don't have to worry about the tips getting too unsightly.

The qtip/nail polish remover tip never worked for me. I always ended up getting a little of the qtip on my nail which can ruin my manicure. With this tip it's small enough to correct mistakes.

With the acetone added it's a keeper for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by srarana23

I loved the idea of this, which is why I bought it. For first use it works okay, but after my second use it dried out almost completely and the nail polish remover in the tube never worked quite as well as I had hoped when I purchased it.

Invest in some pointed q-tips and nail polish remover, because it will be more efficient and probably less expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by oprlvr68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a joke. I've always put my trust in this brand name, but not here. I followed the directions exactly. Even the refill tips broke off during the 'corrector application'. This is one product Sally Hansen DOES NOT stand by.

Don't waste your $$

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by yoniyum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, what a waste of money. I took a shot and bought this without reading the MUA reviews first. Big mistake! I think I could have cleaned up my manicure better by just intently staring at it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by starrywingz

If you insist on trying this product do yourself a favor and purchase it at a store like CVS that lets you return crappy makeup. That way when you find out that it does not work you will be able to get your money back.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by calyx_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horrible, horrible, horrible!
I used this product this evening to clean up a manicure. Followed the directions exactly and swiped any mistakes up gently. The tip of the pen snapped off on my second or third swipe! When I picked up the part that snapped off, it felt very dry, which leads me to think there's almost no product inside the pen itself. Now I have a useless piece of plastic for the $ I paid. Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by aporcupine

I found a way to like this product, which is to shave off the sides of the the tip, making it finer for accuracy. My nails are rather small and I found the tip a bit too thick-- I end up swiping too much of the polish. I like my mani really neat on the sides and around the cuticles, so this product helps a lot. A Q-tip is a lot thicker for my liking, so I will keep on buying this one, unless of course, if I don't come across something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Shannah23

Don't waste ur money! I found this product quality very poor. It's definately not convient, especially when cleaning up dark colors.