April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Treatments - Redken - Color Extend Total Recharge

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first dyed my hair red, I used this religiously once a week because the SA at Hairhouse Warehouse told me it was great for extending the life of my colour and protecting my hair from damage. I just spritz it on damp hair after shampooing and conditioning, then blow-dry and straighten as usual. It made my hair feel softer, but it was also kinda sticky. I did this for two months until my hair had faded to orange. After recolouring my hair at the HD's I stopped using Total Recharge because I didn't want my hair weighed down unnecessarily. Although I admit my hair doesn't feel as soft as before, it's so much more lighter and voluminous and the colour has lasted longer than before. And with that in mind, I threw my bottle in the bin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product about once per week and really notice a difference in hair texture on the day I use it - much shinier and softer, and my natural waves are more defined. My hair is colored a dark auburn brown with caramel highlights, and there is virtually no fading between touch-ups. I also use Redken Color Extend shampoo & conditioner, which probably helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Sianyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Simply Amazing.
My hair feels stronger, smoother and nourished. But most importantly NOT weighed down! My hair get's weighed down easily, so i have to be careful when it comes to conditioning however this is by far the best conditioning product i have used. I bought it when i had highlights, they've grown out now but i use it even though my hair's not coloured at the moment. It does seem to add sparkling shine and a colour boost to my natural red hair though!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by herbina77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG leave-in conditioner. I like the fresh smell and it leaves my hair soft and I also believe it saves my colour from fading.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by poopinshmicken

I have naturally oily hair and I dye it darker than my natural brunette with a demi-permanent dye. I'm not really sure what the purpose of this stuff is. ummm.. the bottle says "inner hair fuel for color treated hair." What do you guys think it is?? The 3rd ingredient is stearyl alcohol so I wonder if that actually makes the color fade faster or dry out your hair? I'm not sure. This is what I know: i put 3 pumps in damp hair and comb it out then dry my hair and it leaves my hair sooooooooo soft. I've never found anything that makes it softer. I haven't noticed my color fading any faster. Especially since I use this only in my ponytail region.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Brunettegirl

I don't see where this is doing a thing to keep my color any longer than usual. In fact, it may be fading quicker this time it seems. I find this very hard to dispense the appropriate amount (keep in mind your supposed to put this on in the shower between washing and conditioning, according to my stylist and the directions). I can not tell how much I am sparying, as you can barely feel it going on your hair. I believe this is just a complete waist of $$$. I regret buying it and find it's just an extra step that is really not necessary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is handsdown the best detangler/leave in conditioner out there. As a bonus, you can use it as a rinse out light conditioner, too. I have very fine, dry, crunchy, highlighted hair that gets tangled very easily. I have tried every detangler out there, and they all stink....except this one. I orginally used this some time ago as a regular rinse-out conditioner, and thought it was pretty good...but never repurchased (for some reason) until recently. Now, I use it exclusively as a leave in and I love it. It does a very nice job of protecting highlights from fading, too. It leaves a nice shine and softness to my hair. It may cost a bit more, but given how great it works, I'll stick with it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried it as a leave-in conditioner on the ends of my colored hair. It was greasy and filmy on my hair and weighed down all my curls. As for helping the color, I think it faded faster than before and dried out and dulled the color of my long hair. I think the alcohol in it was the culprit. I don't like my hair smelling of old-fashioned hair dressers or old ladies face cream either. Also, the instructions say you can also use it as a normal conditioner that you wash out after shampooing, but it was useless like I had used nothing at all. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 12:25:00 PM More reviews by kristi1285

I LOVE this stuff! It was recommended to me by my boyfriend's mom and has made such a difference in my hair. I spray it on my hair when I get out of the shower and it detangles my hair better than anything I've ever tried and makes my hair feel so healthy. My only complaint is the size. You only get about 5 oz. which isn't much but I only use about 5 sprays on my fine highlighted long hair. Highly recommended if you color or highlight your hair :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

I use this product a couple times a week as a leave-in conditioner. It leaves my hair really soft with some shine. I wish it left my dark brown, highlighted fine hair more shiny, but considering my hair turns to straw when I color it, I'll take the softness and use something else for shine.