November 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - 9pc. Casting Call Portfolio

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2003 4:56:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

Wow. This is a great set, probally the best deal in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. At first I was a little hesitant, since most of the time, colors that are in kits like that never work for me. I was very surprised that these colors really work well with my skin tone(asian,GGG). Definately worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2003 12:28:00 AM More reviews by mcamps

I got this kit at Nordstrom's as part of their anniversary sale; it's an incredible deal! I thought the colors would be too cool for my PPP NW20 complexion, but the MA applied almost the whole kit, and it was perfect! The colors are very versatile and look great alone or blended. Altogether, a great collection of berries and plums, with some beiges and grays thrown in. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2003 4:56:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this based on the previous two raves and imho, it's one of the best deals from the Nordstrom's Anniversary sale. The colors are all very wearable, and have been described well down below. The little black portfolio bag everything comes in is really cool too. Perfect to take along on vacations or travel. My Nordstrom's SA even threw in a free smashing vinyl cream e/s, smashing flair lip pencil, and a smashing velvet crayon in a cute black mesh SB bag for pre-ordering, making this too incredible a deal to pass up!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

This is the QVC TSV autodelivery second shipment and the Nordstrom's anniversary set. First off you cant beat the price. Great products in this set.
You get a zip pouch and "how to" sheet. a Lipstick in Attitude. Cream liner dou in Caviar and Deep Bronze. two eyeshadow trios in Cat walk(nuetrals) and Camera Ready (cool colors purpley grays). Blush/soft lights duo Aurora and Halo and a lipgloss in Risque. A lip liner in Smashing Deep Mauve and small double ended eyeliner brush. you get it all for a great price. Color would work well for anyone and everyone. Dont miss out on this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2003 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Stellam

I was way hesitant to buy this when I saw this a few weeks ago at Bendels. I thought it was left over's from QVC, but surprisingly, I haven't seen this set reviewed here, LOL! I had Goldie at Bendels try the whole set on me. She did a night time, smokey eyes thing on me with Camera Ready e/s trio. I was plesantly surprised when she showed me that I could use Aurora in the blush/highlighter duo. It looked so wrong for me in the pot, but the technique was the trick! I'm not suppose to apply right on the apples of my cheeks - looks clowny. I'm suppose to kinda blend it up towards my temples *we'll see how I do on my own, LOL* The Cat Walk e/s duo is really nice neutral colors with "texture" - a shimmer in them so it's not a blah/flat swipe of color. ALL the lip items compliment each other!!! The cream liner is just awsome to have half black and half bronze. Looks great seperate or layered! Fantastic buy at $55.00 since the e/s trios are normally $28 ea! The lip liner, gloss and l/s are full sized and the case fits everything! You could probably get away with this portfolio being your ONLY set of make up for a week on vacation. All of the colors blend amazingly well - there are tons of ways to use these colors! I guess maybe another blush and another lip color, but that is really it. Fantastic way to sample Smashbox + according to the MA at Bendels there is no gurantee that these products make it into the regular line. FYI - Pixel l/g started in a portfolio pack like this one and it took a year to go into the regular line.
- Nice case with zip pouch and "how to" with looks sheet

- L/s in Attitude *pretty shimmer berry color*

- Cream liner DUO / Caviar *black* and Deep Bronze *coppery*

- e/s trio in Cat walk *three shimmer neutrals* Beige, taupe, and copper.

- e/s Trio in Camera Ready *Cream (no shimmer), deep Mauve (no shimmer), Charcoal grey with silver shimmer

- Blush / soft lights duo *Aurora (med rose) and Halo (highlighter like MAC e/s VEX)

- l/g in Risque *shimmery sheer berry*

- lip liner in Smashing Deep Mauve

- small double ended e/l brush
continued >>