July 29, 2014 | 1090 users online

Moisturizers - Vichy - Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Gar21

I used this about three-four years ago with no problems. I never repurchased back then, as it worked, but it wasn't amazing for the price... Recently however, I was finishing my pre-existing moisturiser I had been gifted. In lieu of not being able to find the one I wanted (Eucerin AQUAporin), I saw this and decided I'd give it another shot.

BIG MISTAKE!

Google tells me the formula has changed in 2012 and I don't know what was put into it since, but my skin is NOT happy! Looking at the ingredients, alcohol is the THIRD highest in use. How is that hydrating? And how is that OK in 2014, for a pretty costly product? I have 18 spots on my face as I type! EIGHTEEN! I usually get one, or two; three or four on a bad day, but nothing like this! Possibly the worst breakout of my life. My chin is worst, they're really sore and red. But I have them beneath my eyebrow, in between my eyebrows, the tip of my nose, around my nose, above my lips, below my lips... It's awful!

I have been using this for about a week now and in the space of the last four days, it's gotten worse and worse as each day has gone on. I kept saying to myself that I should bear with it, my skin might need adjusting, or whatever you tell yourself to deny that you had just thrown 20 down the drain! Today was the last straw. No excuses were left and I couldn't lie any longer. I woke up and couldn't deal. Another brand new spot, all red and swollen, symmetrical from the other three on my chin. As well as two others on my cheek (which I have never broken out in) and nose. "ENOUGH!", I said!

Tomorrow I get a new moisturiser and end this assault to my skin. Worst moisturiser ever. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Teenitinytina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had trial size of this form a promo a while back and felt in love with it. I ended up picking up a bottle without knowing the formula had changed since. Initially i hated the new formula but I hate wasting products so went back to it after I ran out of la Roche posay's effaclar duo. I now love it. I use it daily after shower and if I feel a hormonal pimple coming up I use effaclar as spot txt. I think I initially disliked it because I was applying it too sparingly. I now really slathered on, as I was trying to finish the leftover product, when I pick it up again. It feels thick and mask like after application but sinks in within a minute.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Danni15

I started using this moisturiser about a year ago and I love it! I've had very bad acne for the past 3 years and it even turned into cysts for a while:( I tried everything for my acne and it never seemed to work because it always dried out my skin. I find that all the Vichy products keep your skin hydrated while still treating the skin imperfections. I've seen a significant improvement in my skin texture and while my skin is not perfectly blemish-free yet, it's so much better than it used to be!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Emilie1hope

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I just bought it a couple weeks ago bc the shoppers drug mart lady recommended it. I just turned 30 not too long ago and now I am getting awful acne! Especially around my jaw line. I have been using benzagel for the acne but it's drying out my skin and I didn't want to moisturize bc it always makes me break out worse! (I also live in northern Canada so i NEED moisturizer). So she recommended normaderm and I have to say, my face is no longer dry and the salicylic acid is adding to the benefits of my benzagel. This is great stuff. I am very grateful to have found it. I will definitely re-purchase. The packaging could be better. Like a couple reviews ago said, it's impossible to finish the bottle unless you cut it open or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by juliaisabella

I absolutely love this cream! MY skin is combination skin and the product keeps it matte, it hydrates my skin in the right places. It is absorbed very fast by the skin and is non greasy. My skin feels soooo soft after application! A minus for me is the packaging - it makes it impossible to use up all the product that is inside.... also for winter, you might want to opt to combine it with another moisturizer for the dryer areas of combination skin. i have been using this product for the past 4 years and I could not be happier.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by jrockfreq

I. LOVE. NORMADERM.
In my opinion, Vichy really can't go wrong. I have haphazardly oily/ acne prone skin and I've had it since about grade four (believe it or not!) and it still won't go away. I'm in my Freshman year and I've tried EVERYTHING on the shelves, and even some prescribed pills (no birth control, though) and still, I get these horrid spots called acne, which I then feel obligated to turn in to acne scars. Basically, my skin is horrid.
Then, I stumbled upon Normaderm. I started with just the cleanser and this moisturizer, and I'm now buying the toner, spot treatment, and even masks, as well. Not only do these products smoothen and moisturize, but they clear and reduce the look of acne and acne scars+pores.
My skin has never felt so good, I feel much more confident, and the smell of this product is so refreshing, I feel like I'm in heaven!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Zhanel

Didn't do anything to my acne prone oily skin :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

I used this for a couple of months- I absolutely loved the smell- such an amazing fresh, clean smell (also found in other normaderm products). To start with I loved this, it moisturised my skin, made it feel soft and smooth. It seemed to reduce my pores, and while spots kept coming they weren't as red or inflamed as usual. However, after a repurchase or two I felt like the excitement of the nice smell and the smooth skin effect had worn off. Essentially I was looking for a product to help reduce my spots, and this certainly wasn't reducing their occurrence- at best it was making them appear less red (but instead often sped up the process of forming white heads.) I think this is true for all salycilic acid products- on my skin atleast- it massively increases the rate at which my skin forms spots and then gets rid of them- but doesn't make them go away...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by fruitismyfoe

My experience based on two weeks of use, twice a day.
I gave it 4 stars because this product was horrible in the first week until I decided to use it with the normaderm face wash. When used alone it replaced my acne with horrible blackheads, like really deep large ones.
However- I think this is intended as a set so I gave it a go with the face wash and my blackheads went away.
I would usually say I had oily skin but after stopping the pill my skin was an oily mess, horribly, horribly oily. After two weeks of use I wake up with an oily nose but the rest of my face is balanced. I no longer get oily under my makeup which is amazing for me. But I really do only recommend this if you have oily skin because I can't imagine how much it would dry out mixed/normal/dry skin.
This product can leave a layer of dead skin on top which can cause pimples (even with the face wash) so I also use a glycolic acid peel once a week (I have been doing so for about 3 months even prior to this product).
I don't want to give this product full credit for my skin transformation because I have used and changed other things to help, but it works well with my routine and I will continue to use it.
Oh and the cream alone enlarged my pores but with the face wash they are nice and tight again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Overload

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily, acne-prone skin and have been suffering from (hormonal) acne for the last couple of months. I switched from the Clarins Eclat du Jour skincare to Vichy Normaderm in hopes of getting rid of my acne. I used a very light Gel-Cream before switching to this moisturizer, and really had to get used to the consistency of this moisturizer. It is quite thick, but still refreshing, and sometimes stingy. For me, it takes a while to blend it out over my entire skin, as it is not a very thin moisturizer (which is what I usually use).

I think this definitely helped in diminishing my acne, and I think the ingredients are really effective for oily, acne-prone skin. It also feels hydrating, so it will actually prevent your skin from making more oil because it feels dehydrated.

I think every skincare product is a matter of trying out and seeing how it works for you, but I would definitely recommend this to everyone with mild acne problems and combination to oily or oily skin. The only problem I have with this is that it does NOT work well with my make up at all, it balls up and rolls up into tiny white balls/rolls/flakes, which makes it impossible for me to wear my sunscreen and make-up on top. Whenever I wear this moisturizer and touch my face, I immediately feel white balling/rolling which is not convenient at all for daytime, but okay for nighttime, so I actually use this as Night care in stead of Day care.