April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Powder - MMU Cosmetics - Second Skin Mineral Foundation[Discontinued]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by lienjoelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a variety of mineral foundation (BE, Pure Luxe, Larenim etc.) and liquid foundation (prescriptives, origins, chanel, cle de peau, estee lauder, shiseido, borghese, lancome, GA etc.) and so far one of my fav. is MMU SS Mineral Foundation. First, it's buildable coverage and it has great color selection. The simple black packaging is not the most imprressive but it suits its purpose and is minimalistic. The product is outstanding for my oily sensitive acne prone skin, I don' break out from using this product day in and day out. A FANTASTIC product in my opinion, the price (when I bought it-$24) however, it's discontinued from the company's website. There's rumors circulating that it'll be back in the summer time so keep an eye on it 'cause you'll love it if you try it I guarantee it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2004 4:24:00 PM More reviews by coolbeans3

i bought this because i have been dying to try a mineral makeup and plus i saw that this has spf 10 so i thought that was awesome. when i ordered it it was very easy to select my color, i got sand and im a NC35 in MAC so i found that the color chart and descriptions were very good. its almost an exact match, sand is a little more neutral yellowish than the NC35 but it works well for me so its fine. it goes on very nicely with a brush but it comes with a sponge and that works well for heavier coverage. the sponge seems to be identical to the MAC one and the case is almost exactly like one from MAC as well so i like it a lot. i absolutely love this powder, its definitely the best ive ever used. it doesnt get shiny or change colors while its on and it does a good job of helping to even out my skin tone, and it stays on all day and doesnt dissappear. it feels like im not wearing anything and it doesnt look makeup-y at all plus it has built in sunscreen so i would say that its my HG foundation :) my only slight complaint is that it took about 4 weeks from the day i ordered it to receive it and i didnt like waiting that long but it was definitely worth it because i love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2004 12:03:00 AM More reviews by carol47

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently ordered this product in Sand. This color works pretty well for me---for comparison I wear Mac C3, LM sunny beige and Stila D. It is a light to medium coverage and leaves a nice smooth finish to my skin. It is fairly matte but does not appear dry or "powdery". It looks very natural and leaves a bit more of a glow on my face than I experienced with Studio-fix. Although I like this shade--it's probably the best available shade for me, I wish that shades with a tad more yellow were available. The shades are fairly neutral in this line for the most part. This foundation is sheer enough to work well as a finishing powder over liquid foundations for a polished look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2003 9:46:00 AM More reviews by gilda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered a sample of this foundation when I placed my first order with MMU. Iíve tried many mineral foundations and this is one of the best. Matte yet not flat, better coverage than most without the powdery look. Itís summer so Iím an NC35-40 and I ordered Tender 06, I think this might be just a shade too light because unlike most powder products on my oily skin this does not oxidize to a darker color. Itís not as yellow as MAC so it looks just a little ashy in the daylight. I will be ordering the next shade up in a sample size on my next order.