August 30, 2014 | 1609 users online

Styling Products - Ouidad - Climate Control Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by sabs309

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live in Texas and this product is a lifesaver in the summer. I have fine, curly hair and I need something that doesn't weigh it down. Just a little bit of this goes a long way for me, so I'm not too distressed with shelling out $23 for it. I use her "rake and shake" method, instead of scrunching my hair, and it makes my curls much more defined.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Definitely a fan. I live in what was once swampland, so summers here are brutal. I don't even bother with blowouts during the summer, because my hair will be curled again the second I hit that wall of humidity outside. I have tried every anti-frizz product there is, and my hair laughs in the face of all of them. Except for this one. Even when I was not using the Curly Girl method and was making every styling mistake for my hair type, this product calmed my hair down significantly. It would not beat down the frizz for the *entire* day. But even when a little came out at the end of the day, it was so much less than usual. Really impressive results, and it's even better when combined with plopping. I'm definitely a fan, and I expect this will be in heavy rotation at my house for the forseeable future. Ouidad frequently goes on sale at Hautelook, which is nice. But I would buy this product at the retail price, it is that good. (And I say that about VERY few products.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Mayagayam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate her prices, but can't live without Ouidad products. My fine wavy hair is never better than when I use them. You can get a travel size set to try them cheaper.

I use this set - Climate Control gel, Curl Quencher shampoo and conditioner, occasionally Botanical Boost Leave-in for curl support, Styling Mist hair spray and occasional Deep Treatment for shine. I also do ACV rinses twice a week and occasionally throw in Coconut Oil or Coconut Milk pre-shampoo treatments. When I henna my hair in tandem with these, the health, thickness and shine of my hair is even better.

Hope this helps.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I have wavy to curly hair naturally that frizzes if there is any sign of humidity in the air. I also straighten it almost every day so it will poof out pretty big then too if there is a lot of humidity. I was hoping this would help but didn't do enough to combat my problem like I had hoped. This also made my hair a tiny bit crispy and dry so I'm still on the hunt for the perfect humidity control product for my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What kind of hair you have and your climate will make ALL the difference in what works for you so don't expect to find your hg necessarily in the top picks. This works GREAT for my fine, soft, curly and wavy wild hair. At home, it keeps the shine and the softness while giving me more control and stopping frizz. (But in Santa Monica, near the beach, it just makes my hair crunchy when I use it in my usual way.) For me, this is a light control product, which is what I like. Something else great about it is that I can use so little that I still have my original sample bottle MONTHS later:) Because of this, I can't rate it as expensive -- and I Will be buying when I run out because it looks so natural, feels so soft, yet gets rid of the dreaded frizz.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's very expensive and I don't find my curls to be less frizzy or more manageable with it. I have to use a lot of product for the patetented shake and rake application, and it really seems to make no difference in how my hair looks or feels.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I keep coming back to this, even though it's more than I like to pay for hair gel. With my curls, I like using a lighter hold gel underneath a stronger. This is great as that bottom product. It makes my hair very smooth and gives great slip. I saturate my hair with this product after applying leave in conditioner, then apply Nexxus gel over top for that stronger hold. I really like how soft my curls feel using this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I don't mind crunchiness at all if it preserves curls all day.. what I don't like about this product is, that I don't find anything unique about it at all. It's consistency is thinner than your average drug store, yet, it's got the exact same thinness to it as Sebastian "Wet" for instance. So, basically it's a very expenisve gel, with a thin, slick feel to it. I didn't find any extra benefit to it all. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I think this product is incredible. It's not a typical "gel" - it's more like a serum, which is probably why it works on my dry hair. It keeps out arid weather and it seals in moisture while enhancing my curls like never before. When this dries it does have a little bit of crispiness, especially on my ends, but it scrunches out easily without any poofing. I definitely feel the elasticity from this gel during scrunching, and even when I use my Q-Redew hair steamer I get spiral curls and no frizz. Climate Control Gel is just wonderful - I buy it again and again and there's nothing else like it. It's so concentrated it's not as expensive as it seems. Like all Ouidad's products, a little goes a long way. Climate Control gel is a life-changing product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mainly use this product to add incredible shine and medium hold and frizz control to my hair. Coupled with my fav foam/mousse, it gives me amazing results. Here's how I use it:-

I section my hair into 4 parts. Saturate my hair with PM soft sculpting foam with 4 pumps and then leave it for 2 min. I again section my hair(now small so 7-8), then apply Ouidad Heat and Humidity Climate Control Gel. I then finger comb my entire head to distribute the products). Here is the most imp part- starting from the nape of my head I roughly take 1'' section n start twisting my hair. I keep on twisting untill my hair length is fully covered(I have long, thick hair). I keep working up each section till my head is covered. Now I keep my head upside down and blow dry it with a diffuser. I airdry if time is not an issue. Both produce same results.