Dior 5 Colour Eyeshadows

4.3

Talc, Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogophite, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Calcium Sodium Morosilicate, Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytostearyl Dimer Dilinoleyl Simer Dilinoeate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopherol. [+/- :Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77000 (Aluminum Powder), Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 11788 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Let's see... I own the shade Tutu. It's a pastel colored palette with pinks and lilacs. Tutu was a limited edition palette released in Spring 2014 by Dior. I paid about $60 for it from Sephora. I have worn it a grand total of one time. Now, I will admit - this is partly my fault. The colors are right up my alley, as I am very pale with green eyes. However...I feel ridiculous wearing it. MAYBE I would have been better off purchasing a different color scheme. But that wouldn't change my low opinion on the quality of the product itself.

The textures of the shadows are somewhat buttery. However my biggest gripe is - these are pure shimmer. They are not packed with pigment, instead each shadow is sheer. You are not purchasing anything that a drugstore brand like Wet n Wild couldn't outdo.

Dior eye shadows just aren't worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have owned many of these. I must say I liked them before they got all frosty. Now I can not find a colors that I like. Most of them have this ugly frosty finish. I just think they are so unflattering. I do not mind shimmer but I do not like this kind of shimmer. Also as I see the colors swatched in blogs, mostly it kills my lemming instantly. Also I think color combinations are quite boring. In Dior Palettes I could only find one I was interested in but YSL palettes have many I like. I just think that the palettes are so beautiful to look in their compact that I have many times almost bought one. Luckily I checked the blogs before. I think they are very similar as Maybelline shimmery shadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I did choose "yes" for repurchasing but, to be honest, Dior's 5 pan shadows can be so iffy, that I always wait to check out beauty blog reviews and always try these out in-store - I'd never buy one without being able to test it first. In a luxury product with a relatively high price, the unreliable quality (a large number of these aren't just mediocre - they are really crappy) is pretty inexcusable. I have two 5-pan palettes that I really like (Bonne Etoile and Golden Savannah) but there are so many others that have looked nice but have been poorly pigmented, chalky, hard to apply....all the faults you can attribute to eyeshadows. My advice would be to check these out - either in multiple online reviews or in person, or BOTH if it's possible - before dropping a substantial amount on them to make sure you are truly getting your money's worth.

Nude pink design. Texture is fantastic, I never go for a heavy makeup look so this is perfect for me. Those who are after a lot of color would be disappointed by this. Texture of the product is fantastic, glides on and stays put really well. I do have oily lids and refuse to use primers so I do expect the product to move and crease towards the end of the day, however, this does quite well! Packaging is quite bulky and heavy- I know it looks very pretty but I think practicality is more important :)

This is probably one of the best eye shadows in the market. The color is buildable so it can be used as an everyday shadow or smoky effect looks for special events.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This is a very expensive designer product and i received it as a Christmas gift from my family and am delighted with it. I have mature, crepey wrinkled skin round my eyes which I thought only cosmetic surgery could rescue but Dior works miracles for an optical illusion of smooth skin and beautiful symmetrical eye shapes. I had a Department Store MUA apply this for me and teach me how to do it at home so I am 100% happy with the look and feel of the product on my skin. It just glides on, blends beautifully and doesnt crease. It is a satiny product so it doesnt sparkle too much, neither is it too matte which can look chalky and dull.

I recommend these eyeshadows for women of all ages, especially the elderly, who find they are more limited in terms of colours and textures, if they want a really flattering look

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love love love. Blends perfectly, long lasting, does not crease, heaven to apply, luxurious and worth the price. My only gripe is I have to throw mine out pretty soon (it's been 2-3 years since I got them). I've hit the pan but there are still respectable amounts left. Will surely repurchase, but maybe in different colors. It's a must have in my collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love these eye shadows. They are very pigment rich and last a long time. The colors it comes with in the palettes compliment each other and it takes the guess work out of having to pick shadows. These are truely wonderful.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I got the Night Butterfly for my birthday and fell in LOVE with it. The colors are amazing and blend like a dream. I would be willing to spend the cash on another one.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutly love these shadows they are ultra fine and last so long. They are easily blendable and they just look so good on your face. I have bought numourous. They are expensive, but for a treat, you should buy yourself one. My eyeshadows last so long that it is totally worth it.