November 28, 2014 | 1931 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Oil Slick Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never had problems when using this eyeshadow like an eyeliner, but if I used it like a regular eyeshadow, I had problems. Doesn't blend well, a signature UD glitterbomb shade, fallout incoming. UD eyeshadows without glitter are the best, UD eyeshadows with glitter are the worst.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the only UD eyeshadow I despise. It was hard to blend, had major fall-out, and made my eye makeup look really, really muddy. I got it in a palette, and I could never hit pan because it was TOO COMPACT. My finger dragged across it, not glided, and it did not feel like the other UD eyeshadows. The glitter felt like sand-paper, and even when I used a primer, it transferred everywhere on my face. It slid down my cheeks, under my eyes, and the glitter stuck to my clothes, nose, and even my forehead!!
This is a great eyeshadow if you want to look like a hot-mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prepare for fall out

This product is so powdery. Yes it is pigmented, but it will cause fall out like no other.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by tinyaudiophile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this eyeliner. It goes on great, and the eyeliner has a slight glitter too it, but it blends well with almost anything. It stays on for hours.

However, the brush is okay at best. You have to get used to using such a slim brush if you want to things like cateye, dramatic eyeliner, etc. This would be the perfect eyeliner if the brush was a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this eye shadow in the Urban Decay 'Alice in Wonderland' palette.
This is a smokey black that blends nicely, with a fine glitter finish which add's a little depth to the black and makes it a little more interesting.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jeannamv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, I haven't had any luck with Oil Slick...yet. Each time I look at it though, I get excited. I am determined to make this shade work for me. Even with primer, UD or MAC I get a good amount of fallout, which is my biggest issue. Maybe it's just me and my skill...but I sure hope not!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by blueberriyumyum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im obsessed with UD & black eyeshadow so i decided to try this one out. When i wear black e/s i want it to be SUPER dark. this fails. oil slick isnt that pigmented. i have to keep layering it up + foil it to get it to show up. the glitter is pretty but it falls off all over my face and doesnt stay on my lids. oil slick also creases on me & i almost never have that problem. i give this 2.5 stars cuz it is nice to set my black eyeliner with (it stays all day that way) but i wouldnt buy this again

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by thewantingcomesinwaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A Sephora finally opened in my mall. I was looking for a new black eyeliner and had heard good things about Urban Decay products, so I decided to buy Oil Slick hoping it would be the dark black I was looking for. I wasn't expecting it to have so many sparkles. I was looking for a dark black, it does go on smooth but it's not very 'black' at all, more of a grey. I wasn't very satisfied with it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is like polyester bride's (also) evil twin. (Also b/c polyester bride sucks too). It's black and revoltingly fallout glittery. The pigmentation isn't even that good, most UD shadows have a far better consistency. I am sure there are drugstore black and glittery eyeshadows that are far better/cheaper than this, if this is what you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's the blackest black e/s I've found! But it does have a lot of glitter fallout, and without a primer it tends to smudge. I like to use it over my liquid eyeliner to set it, so it works pretty good for that!