October 31, 2014 | 876 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Eclat De Soie- Radiance Smoothing Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely dewy finish, did make my skin look terrific and soft focus. Hygenic and pretty pump bottle, wide range of shades. The reason I wouldn't purchase again is that after one day of wear (during which it help up quite nicely) my pores were SO clogged that I had to do extractions. Plus I haven't had a single pimple in months and this morning, I had one. I attribute this to the foundation. My skin is dry/combo, but it does get clogged and break out easily. My normal foundation is plain old boring clinique, but my skin definitely did not like this foundation. Is it the silicone? Other ingredients? I don't know, but I would say acne prone people should be aware and maybe try to get a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually go for a matifying product, but was at the airport and didn't find my normal Chanel, no sales assistant and I thought to try this one. My skin is oily, warm toned (picked color Peach), and at the destination I needed a foundation that lasts all day. I found this product to give my skin an incredible light, and it did last from morning 'til night without fading. I used NARS primer underneath. Will not use summertime, but perfect fall/winter foundation if you need radiance and lastingpower. I was really positively surprised for the radiance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is perfect in every way for me. The packaging is enticing and elegant, the name bears a great reputation and the product itself is glamourous. Mine is a pump and a little goes a long way, it glides on smoothly, dewy and flawless. I always feel so beautiful when I use this LOL.... I then add a touch of Bronzer and a beautiful Chanel Lipgloss (Unity) to seal the deal. Not one day goes by when someone compliments my skin. Its the foundation of course, but I simply say Thank you. If you havent tried this product, please do. You will not be disappointed and its well worth the price- you WILL be complimented.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the Radiance Smoothing foundation from YSL is the one that comes in a bottle and a pump. the bottle is kind of short compared to teint resist or the other foundations from YSL. LORD!i have always loved ysl products. rarely rarely i have been so disappointed and because of the fact that i have been such a loyal user of YSL, i am so upset about this foundation, to the point where i almost cry a little EVERY TIME i attempted to put it on.
pros:
classy packaging. i am a sucker for packaging. that is one of the reason why i ended up with this foundation. the cap is golden and the bottle is semi-transparent. such an alluring elegant packaging that will make my girlfriends jealous.but that is about it.
cons:
1, THICK consistency!thick thick thickdoes not even start to describe how indescribably thick this is!(i am getting mad and upset at this point, excuse my wording). i have dry skin, a bit flaky if i havent been exfoliating much(but i cant, as my skin gets thinner and hypersensitive by frequent exfoliation). this foundation, goes on unblendable. the consistency is the extreme opposite of liquid/watery/thin/light!
people refer laura mercier silk creme foundation is thick while i found this is thick in a different way. the silk foundation is at least creamy and workable. this is not creamy, or too creamy that it just sticks to my face horribly to the point where i cant blend it at all.how often do you come across such a foundation?
2, The smell. some reviewers talk about a different product here which comes with a brush as applicator, which comfused me about where i should put this review. then i saw someone lovely below talks about the horrible artificial scent it carries, i was imediately convinced this is the review for the Radiance Smoothing. it is such a strong scent. i have never never never used a foundation with a scent 1/4 as strong as this one. pro lumiere is highly fragranted, but it is still bearable and nice and soothing, plus it goes away within a minute or two. dior foundations are scented, but i not so much as this one. today i decided to give it a chance and used my e.l,f flat top kabuki to apply it(i have usedmac 190 too. streakyyyyy). it was about 1pm before i headed to lab. now it is 7.44pm. the strong artificial rosy scent is still there on my brush and it is not just a little bit, it is 99% as scented as i pumped the product out~my lord.i can still smell it here and there, once in a while on myb face now.did they bath the foundation with cheap perfume?
3. it clinges to dry area. with the consistency being said, this is not surprising at all. it is almost self-evident why.it settles in my dry area horribly and flaky on the cheek where i dont usually get flakiness. aged me by 10 years.
4.the pump is ridiculous. i have noticed this with all other YSL foundations(i dont have them after experiencing this, but i have seen them). the pump does not pump out enough product. it does not sound like a big deal, right?until you finally use it. it pumps out like 1/4 or at most 1/3 of the product you usually do with other foundations with pumps, say, chanel~guerlain~MAFE ect!1/4!?!?!?it is annoying.i need 3 to 4 pumps of this and the pumps does not go down smoothly either, i have to press it REALLY REALLY hard. i almost had to jump on it!
ok, so come to the conclusion, it is thickest thick, extremely difficult to apply(i though revlon color stay or givenchy photo perfection was difficult, not a bit compared to this).nearly impossible to get a non-flaky finish, it is caky, thick, not much coverage though considering how thick this is.the yellows shades are too yellow,the pink tones..i dont really know. you need to see for yourself. but whenever i wore this, either i couldnt stand it and washed it off and do my makeup again, or somebody just came up and told me i didnt look very good(her words were "you look tired")god, why should i ever put this on.
didnt want to mention this because it makes me seemed like a idiot but i guess i should warn people whoever reads this length of review. i wore it on my graduation photo taken day. MISTAKE!i was not too sure about the performence of this foundation back then and i decided to wear it because my HD foundation form MAFE had not been shipped yet and i was desperate for a low SPF foundation to wear for photoshoots and i went for this. Right, it does not give me a white cast, but it was orange-yellow, almost like i got a tan. but i use No7, which is the lightest yellow shade. it shouldnt be that dark, at least when it is not by itself. but when it settles on my face, it became significantly jaundice. oh my god. and what i look like in all my photoshoots that day is a person who probably drank a tons of carrot juice.what an idiot i was to wear this on my graduation!
i couldnt return it. it is a complete waste of money! and YSL, you really hurt my feelings by lauching such a horrible foundation and giving it a name"radiance smoothing" which misled me to buy it for my poor dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Chenni

I got a $10 sephora gift card from my secret santa from work, so I decided to spend it wisely.

I was using MUFE face and body foundation, and I liked it. I thought I would try this YSL foundation because I'm a big sucker for packaging and high end brand. I didn't want to get the resist long one, because I always look for foundation that will give me a nice glow without looking greasy. Well, I'm really impressed with this foundation. First of all, the coverage is great for my skin. On most days, I don't have most problem, I may grow a pimple here and there once a while. However, I do have many dark spots almost like a birth mark around my right eye, and dark circles. When I first put it on, I notice it felt really comfortable on my skin. Almost feels like there was nothing on my face. I love the polish and glowy look it gives me. It also last about 6 hours for me. That's surprising to me. After 6 hours, I will start noticing more glowy but non greasy look. I actually love the after 6 hours look.

I may try the resist long next time, because i have heard people said that it doesn't really look matte and still gives a nice glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great foundation if you like light coverage. It blends perfectly and does not look cakey or heavy.
I use it during warmer months, and it gives me a great, even and glowing complexion.
It's pricey so it's not the one I buy all the time, but whenever I can fit it in my budget, I go for it without hesitation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Den

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved this product…when I was on birth control. Let me explain. I have naturally oily/combination skin and birth control helped me with my sebaceous glands. Therefore, BC kept oil production at a minimum. The foundation would leave my skin so smooth, radiant looking (not shiny), I was “the girl with a fresh face”. Application was smooth and it doesn't have that heaviness. However, for my taste it is a bit on the expensive side. It required a touch-up here and there throughout the day. It really worked! I mean, who doesn’t like that dewy and healthy glow? That being said, I would not recommend it for someone who has oily skin. Within hours you will look like a grease pan. So keep that in mind.

P.S. My bottle had a pump, not a brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by PinkAmy06

I love love love this foundation! I don't know what the other reviewers and talking about when they refer to a brush though because this a foundation bottle with a pump.

The best thing about this foundation is the lovely even coverage it creates without looking like you're wearing very much foundation at all and it also comes in a range of natural colours to suit everyone. Another thing I really liked about this is that it stays put all day, there is minimal rub off and doesn't go patchy, even on my dry cheeks. Finally, i loved the radiant finish it gave on my face without making it look shiny.

My only complaints are the design of the bottle as it is glass it means it is very difficult to get the last of the foundation out, even though it looks like there is loads of it left. Secondly, is the price, £30 for 30ml is very steep for a foundation but it does last a long time as you don't have to use very much of your face to get a nice finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by gudiyachettu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i quite like this foundation,it gives a radiant finish as the name suggests.I didnt find any blending problems with it & the product gives a nice decent coverage.
i like the pump bottle though it may give u a hard time to get the product out once it reaches the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by indysmom

edit: taking off one lippie
I don't love this as much in its new formulation with the pump bottle. The color I used to use is now peachier, without being given any notice of the change (i ordered online) and it seems a bit more sheer. It still works for me, but it is not hg. Will be shopping around

old review: I love this thick, creamy foundation with very good coverage which hides all nasty blotches, etc without irritation. It doesn't have any noticable fragrance and the shade 7 matches my pale AAB skintone perfectly.
Product does tend to gunk up around the threads of the cap though and it dries out as it gets older because of the bottle design.
There is a nice hygenic dipping wand built into the cap.