Aura Cacia Lavender Sun Aromatherapy Body Mist

4.5

on 1/20/2010 8:13:00 AM

I bought this from Whole Foods when it was on sale for about $5. What a great lavender scent! I really like the scent of lavender and this spray is just right, not medicinal nor powdery. It's wonderful for spraying on clothing and linen (where it seems to last longer than on skin), and as a face and body mist. I like to use it when doing yoga, and anytime I'm feeling stressed or not so great. It's an instant pick me up and feels cooling, perfect for meditating. It's also not overpowering and disappears quickly on the skin (no need to worry about overpowering people who don't like lavender). The packaging is an attractive aluminum bottle spray. You could probably find cheaper lavender hydrosols elsewhere but this has a great scent, attractive package and is sold in many places. I would buy it again. The Patchouli Orange mist is also a wonderful scent.

ETA: Used this as a laundry spray/clothing refresher. Much better than the travel spray I had of Febreeze. It really is less chemical-smelling and more subtle. It's really handy to have a spray of this when you travel.

on 7/1/2003 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mist is great as a light pick-me-up on a hot day. Was turned onto it by Juliette Lewis' health food store beauty recs on the show "Glow." She suggested it as a refresher spray for your hair or the car. Sometimes lavender can be too pungent, but not in this case. The lavender is blended with essential oils of grapefruit and coriander but it just smells of fresh lavender fields to me. On the downside, it has very little staying power, but as it says on the aluminum container, it is an "uplifting" aromatherapy time-out for the few minutes it lasts. Quite cheap, too!