Avon True Color Powder Eyeshadow Duo - Playful Duo

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hopefully they still make this because I love it! I've had it for awhile but I'm only reviewing it now. The duo itself doesn't look like it's anything special- pink and brown, but honestly, it's a color duo that WORKS!! I would never think to put the two together.Now I'm not one to wear pink shadows very easily at all, but this pink is a pearly light pale pink but goes on pretty noticeably- not overly frosty at all, and the brown is a pretty hue- not a flat, matte dark brown, but a perfect shade for the crease- a pearly light brown. They definitely complement each other. I think it makes my eyes look pretty without needing to be crazy in pigmentation. It's understated but really does the job. No guesswork with this, and being Avon it was inexpensive. I don't think you could mess this up at all, the colors are pretty goof-proof. Great for perking up your eyes for casual days or any day, really.

Cheap, and beautiful colors. I'm not crazy about the pink on my eyelids, but as an under-the-brow highlighter it's shimmery and lovely. I agree they are shimmery but not TOO shimmery. The brown color is very nice. Something about the packaging turns me off though. The eyeshadows are way too small for the weirdly shaped large compact. They're absolutely swimming in it. I don't know if I'd repurchase, but since i like the product I will just put Yes.

Ohhh, its beautiful. The pink and brown go so well together (I hate when you get a duo and they look crap together) and the color lasts all day and well into the evening. And they're shimmery (but not big-time sparkly) so they don't look matte and boring.

on 2/19/2004 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for some good but not expensive eye shadows and after reading PB’s recommendations I got a few shadows from the “True Color Powder Duos” collection.
“Playful” has a light , worm pink and shimmery brown . I love it because it has a lot of pigment, it is soft and silky and most important is that it is still on the eye lids when I get home at night. I also got it on sale for less then half a price so I got a very good deal.

on 1/2/2004 10:08:00 PM

I love the Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duos because the shadow is smooth, silky and has a fine-milled texture. The shadow also applies easily, lasts for hours without creasing and fading, and is inexpensive.

Playful Duo contains a light, shimmery, peachy pink shade that goes on fairly sheer and more pale than it appears in the packaging; and a medium to dark shimmery bark brown shade. The brown shade is nice if applied with a light hand but too dark for me if applied heavily.

I would re-purchase - this is a nice duo that goes with quite a few looks. continued >>