October 31, 2014 | 1218 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - True Color Powder Eyeshadow Duo - Luxe Life

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2004 3:11:00 AM More reviews by rainedayz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally like all the Avon eyeshadows but this one was terrible.The purple was way darker than it looked in the book.The other lighter color was just too light.It didnt go with the purple at all.It made me look like a zoombie,which would have been fine at Halloween.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2004 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jaffacake

I love the True Colour Eyeshadows but this duo was poor... the purple was matte and made me look like I'd been punched! It clashed with the pale goldy-peachy-beige shade which I think looked grubby. Disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2003 2:33:00 PM More reviews by blkwdow666

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this because according to the catalogue (which I'd viewed online), both of these shades were shimmers. Unfortunately, only the lighter shadow (peach) had shimmer, and the purple was matte, and too matte at that. The purple went on chalky and blotchy when used dry, not what I was after at all. Used wet, it's fine as a liner.

However, the peach shade is *stunning*; it looks good as a wash, and in fact "salvages" the purple when washed over it. I'd buy this duo again (on sale), but would really like that peach to appear as a single.