Palmer's Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream

3.4

Active Ingredients: Hydroquinone (2.0%), Padimate O (3.0%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Stearyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-75 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, BHA, BHT, TBHQ, Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Works great especially for the price! The "for oily skin" formula made me break-out! Otherwise I would give it 5 lipsticks. Good for my body; bad for my face.

on 12/31/2014 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just started using this about 24 hours ago and my scars are already fading away! I've always had a rather clear face, but recently started getting cold sores that left terrible scars, I had no hope for getting rid of them. I use this in the morning and night after I wash my face after witch hazel and before moisturizer. This is not meant to be used all over your face like a moisturizer! It's more of a spot treatment. Works so well! A tub will last forever!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

(Oily skin version) its the first fading cream that i can say works but it also cause me to get big fat breakouts i assumed my pores got clogged from it (cant win them all) but it did fade my dark spots i had for years

on 4/18/2014 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i can't, in good conscience, give it less than 3 stars, because the results were as advertised and it did what it said it would do. but it also clogged my pores after about 3 weeks of consistent nightly (once a day) use. i am 100% certain it was due to this product because this is the only thing that changed about my routine and i had not changed my diet or exercise, nor do i ever get breakouts around the time of my cycle.

before the breakout after using this product, my skin had been clear for a good few months and given that i have extremely clog-prone skin, this was a big deal for me and not easily achieved. i saw results with this product fairly quickly and my hyperpigmentation scars from old acne had already started fading by the time i noticed my skin was getting congested in several different areas.

i wouldn't feel right saying it's a BAD product because i know that my skin is easily clogged and it did do what it said it would, but i am disappointed that this is yet another thing i can't use, especially since i really did see results with it. but the results aren't worth getting more acne that will lead to more scars to fade. my skin was lovely and clear and now it will take at LEAST a month if not longer to clear up again, and now i have more hyperpigmentation than i did before. so if you tend to have easily congested skin, you may want to steer clear of this and go for something more high-end (and unfortunately more expensive) with less clogging ingredients.

I've been using this product for about a month now. I have a lot of post-acne marks on my chin and some discoloration of the skin that I'm trying to resolve. I heard good things about this product. I just apply a thin layer of this cream at night after washing my face and the scars seem to be lightening up just a touch. Because of how little you have to use, I feel that this tub will last me forever lol so hopefully I wouldn't have to repurchase. I am going to keep up with this and hopefully continue to see good results. Also, even though my skin can be sensitive with new products I didn't notice any agitation or breakouts from this.

on 1/5/2014 9:28:00 AM

This fade cream and most dark spot corrector contain hydroquinone 2%; Murad has 3%. You will not find any OTC over 3%. Prescription hydroquinone is 4%-and it is only available via a prescription from your doctor. These OTC creams do work: I offer you the following tips: Use only on dark spots as these types of products can really irritate the skin. If your spots are small you can apply with a Q Tip. If you have many spots, you can try this all over, but stop if your skin gets really irritated. Use sunblock to help prevent more spots and help with aging. Also Vitamin C is a skin brightener as well as an antioxidant and most of these creams also include it.

on 12/10/2013 5:48:00 PM

I am German/Chinese/ Hispanic mix. My skin is fair and I grew up with a pool, so now I have"freckles" above my lips with two brown spots on my cheek bone that are the size of half an eraser. I didn't read the instructions, I just started using it at night all over my face and packing it on over my lip and on the two spots. I have been doing this every night for the past three weeks. Last three days my face began to itch and I noticed that it was red on my cheeks and chin, since I take medication I assumed it was that. I stopped for two days and began again.

The spots have faded and I have noticed my skin has evened out. I do still get the itching, but after reading on here I will only put on the"freckles" and maybe every other night. I then started to put it on this tiny spot over my hand and that disappeared ASAP.

The smell is not bad, it smells like lotion. It is a thick product, but not oily. For the price I will continue to use and buy again.

on 10/5/2013 11:34:00 AM

Worst product I have ever used! This crap made my face so RED and red! I put this on at night thinking I would wake up to a beautifully bright face. Boy was I wrong, I woke my face was so red & looked like I had some nasty allergic reaction. DO not buy this if you have even the slightest bit of sensitive skin! I bought this when it first came out so basically spent like $9 for a rash on my face.

on 3/31/2013 1:03:00 AM

I love this stuff! It's relatively inexpensive, smells good, moisturizes my skin while fading my dark spots. I bought this for stubborn post-acne marks because EVERYTHING leaves a spot behind on my skin :( I've been using this for about a month and have seen great results. I'm using less makeup because the redness is fading significantly. The key is to use it day and night. I will definitely repurchase when I run out !

on 2/8/2013 8:24:00 PM

I over scrubbed certain body parts and I am not left with brown spots. I bought this after reading the reviews and thought I would give it a try. First off, the packaging isn't hygienic. You have to dip your fingers in to the tub. Secondly, the texture is like bad yoghurt gone off. It's too thick and splotchy, and does not absorb into the skin.

I used this twice a week for 5 weekw and I noticed some lightening on my arm, but that's as far as it goes. The brown spots are still there and very visible. I thought I'd try it on my face so I tested a tiny part of my cheek, which then got irritated and red... so I washed it off and wallah!! I got a brand new brown pigmentation on my cheek!!!