August 22, 2014 | 1860 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, usually on the dry side because of using the wrong products. Most cleansers leave my face red, tight and irritated, or on the other side they don't cleanse well enough and leave it oily. I always tune in when Peter Thomas Roth is on QVC and the products look so high quality and he seems really genuine, so I decided to try this and it is totally legitimate. It's the only cleanser I've used that I can say has brought balance to my skin and actually restored it instead of stripping it or not doing much of anything. Excellent ingredients making for an excellent result! :) My pores are not clogged, acne greatly reduced, my skin is not red, my face makeup is thoroughly removed. My skin just feels clean, smooth and even. I don't have a lot of fine lines, except laugh lines and minor expression lines on my forehead, so time will tell if this helps diminish those though I think only cosmetic injections really would. Even with a small amount of blemishes here and there remaining and discolored areas from past abuse to my skin, I feel like I have perfect skin now. Kind of a laugh, compared to people who actually have good skin which I still do not. ;) But this has made it as close to that as I've ever gotten. Added bonus is that now makeup application is made way easier, too, less aggravating and much more fun. I believe true care and thought was put into the formulation of this cleanser and I highly recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by OnePerfectPicture

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wanted to like this but, my skin reacted. My lips were swollen & red 😞 if you have sentive skin patch test first.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great cleanser. It does everything it claims: refines pores, deeply cleanses and washes away impurities and makeup, reduces the look of lines and wrinkles. Maybe I have the placebo effect, but I actually have noticed the small fine lines around my eyes to not be as smooth and more noticeable since using a cheaper makeup removing cleanser when I ran out of this stuff a couple months ago. I use liquid foundation and waterproof eyeliners and mascaras, so I need a makeup removing cleanser that gets the job done right the first time. There was no residue of makeup left on my face or my eyes after using this cleanser, which I can't say for all of the makeup removing cleansers I have used in the past. I do use a facial towelette and a liquid eye makeup remover before cleansing my face, however, so I don't know how well this cleanser works without any prior makeup removal, but I was always clean and satisfied with the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iíve always believed that I should go cheap on cleansers (Itís only on my face for a minute, after all), and then I received a deluxe sample (3.3 fl. oz.) of this cleanser. For years Iíve been using Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser for my combination/oily skin with occasional breakouts, and it was fine, no complaints. This PTR cleanser has made me a convert. After two uses my skin was smoother, softer, and clearer. This doesnít dry my skin out or leave it feeling oily, perfectly soft and clean. I was so surprised; I never expected a cleanser to deliver those kinds of results. A month later my skin looks better than ever and I canít imagine going back to my old cleanser. It has a pleasant, not too strong or overwhelming peachy scent. It leather very well and a pea-sized amount cleanses my whole face a neck so a little goes a long way (after one month barely any appears missing from the bottle). I use with wish my hands and a microfiber washcloth or with my Clarisonic. Yes, itís more expensive, but it is worth it. I will buy a full-size of this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

This is a really amazing cleanser. It is loaded with good for the skin ingredients and none of the harsh stuff often found in ds facial cleaners, but what is more important to me is that it does everything that I want a cleanser to do; leaves my face feeling clean and fresh (not tight or overly dry), is soft and smooth to use, foams nicely and leaves no residue behind and smells nice and not overly chemical or strong. The bottle is super easy to use, although i would prefer a pump or squeeze tube just because I often got more product then I wanted and literally had to store the bottle upside down towards the end to get the last 10 or so uses.

I simply can't afford to use this as my primary cleanser, which is the only reason why I would not repurchase. $35 for a cleanser is just not in my budget right now.

I love this and would recommend to anyone; for the record I have combination oily/dry skin, am acne-prone along my jawline and have dry patches on cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I'm actually afraid to stop using this now. I used up a whole bottle, liked it very much, and then moved on to something else. Around this time my complexion went absolutely crazy, no matter what I did I couldn't get the breakouts to stop. I just couldn't seem to pinpoint the problem. Then I got another bottle of PTR's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, and after about 3 or 4 weeks of regular use my skin has returned to normal again.
It's a great cleanser, lathers up nicely and rinses off easily. Pleasant fruity scent. I like to use it with my Olay Pro-X brush or just with a washcloth. Makes my skin feel extra clean. Not really suited for makeup removal though, I use something different for that- either an oil cleanser or a foaming one. This product keeps my skin smooth and bright and clear, and I've decided that I have to keep using it if I want to keep my skin that way. I'm glad my skin cleared up but I'm not sure how I feel about becoming dependent on using this.
Despite the price tag this is now a staple item for me. Have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by vic2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this cleanser. In fact, amongst all the ones I have ( and I do have plenty, notice how most of my reviews are for cleansers?!), this is this amongts my top 5 of all times. I've recently moved to Europe and I dread the day my bottle runs out and I have to hunt it down as it isn't sold in Paris...
I use it only once a day, usually at night with the clarisonic, never twice, and have been for a few month now, and I simply love the way my skin feels afterwards: clean and soft. Sometimes I use it as the 2nd cleanser when I do a double cleanse, and in these instances, it's just incredible, your pores are simply spotless.And it doen't take long to notice. A week, and you'll wonder where's it's been your entire life...
I am glad I purchased it before leaving the US, as I was stocking up on all non european sold brands, and I bought it untested but was attracted by the licorice contents ( another top in that category is the DDF!) as I also use a licorice brightening soap which really brighten my skin in the morning.
It's expensive, so ebay is the way...and small bottles are way much more practical than the big bulky one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have noticed my skin is a bit clearer since I started using this but it is drying. Its the sodium lauryl sulfate that causes that I'm sure. t foams up the perfect amount and the smell is a very pleasant peach scent. I have oily skin and so I can handle the drying effect but, I do have to use a good moisturizer. When I bought this I actually thought the packaging said "Anti-Acne" cleansing gel.. lol. Turns out it works pretty well for that but if you have a more mature skin-type that is dry I would not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Hicksnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is the business!!!!!!! I recently tried another cleanser just to switch things up--BIG mistake. I started to break out! After evaluating my skin and realizing that I had no dietary or lifestyle changes, I realized that it was because I had not been using this cleanser! As soon as I began using it again, my skin clarity improved almost over night. The glycolic and salicylic acids help with skin tone and texture.
I use this 2x a day, morning and night because my skin is not at all sensitive and is very oily. If you have combo skin or tend to be dry, you should use this once a day or every few days if you're feeling dull. If you have sensitive, red, or flaky skin-try something that is gentler.
This cleanser can run a little high but it lasts forever! I shared my last bottle with my mom and it lasted 3 or more months--between two people!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Margarett

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this! I got it because I had stubborn blackheads and clogged pores. I got a sample if this and the peel pads and was really impressed with the cleanser, not so much with the pads. I will say, you need to be careful and thorough when you wash it off and make sure you remove all of it. I got a few bad spots where I didn't get it all removed and it left painful red splotches that took several days to get rid of.