April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iíve always believed that I should go cheap on cleansers (Itís only on my face for a minute, after all), and then I received a deluxe sample (3.3 fl. oz.) of this cleanser. For years Iíve been using Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser for my combination/oily skin with occasional breakouts, and it was fine, no complaints. This PTR cleanser has made me a convert. After two uses my skin was smoother, softer, and clearer. This doesnít dry my skin out or leave it feeling oily, perfectly soft and clean. I was so surprised; I never expected a cleanser to deliver those kinds of results. A month later my skin looks better than ever and I canít imagine going back to my old cleanser. It has a pleasant, not too strong or overwhelming peachy scent. It leather very well and a pea-sized amount cleanses my whole face a neck so a little goes a long way (after one month barely any appears missing from the bottle). I use with wish my hands and a microfiber washcloth or with my Clarisonic. Yes, itís more expensive, but it is worth it. I will buy a full-size of this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

This is a really amazing cleanser. It is loaded with good for the skin ingredients and none of the harsh stuff often found in ds facial cleaners, but what is more important to me is that it does everything that I want a cleanser to do; leaves my face feeling clean and fresh (not tight or overly dry), is soft and smooth to use, foams nicely and leaves no residue behind and smells nice and not overly chemical or strong. The bottle is super easy to use, although i would prefer a pump or squeeze tube just because I often got more product then I wanted and literally had to store the bottle upside down towards the end to get the last 10 or so uses.

I simply can't afford to use this as my primary cleanser, which is the only reason why I would not repurchase. $35 for a cleanser is just not in my budget right now.

I love this and would recommend to anyone; for the record I have combination oily/dry skin, am acne-prone along my jawline and have dry patches on cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I'm actually afraid to stop using this now. I used up a whole bottle, liked it very much, and then moved on to something else. Around this time my complexion went absolutely crazy, no matter what I did I couldn't get the breakouts to stop. I just couldn't seem to pinpoint the problem. Then I got another bottle of PTR's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, and after about 3 or 4 weeks of regular use my skin has returned to normal again.
It's a great cleanser, lathers up nicely and rinses off easily. Pleasant fruity scent. I like to use it with my Olay Pro-X brush or just with a washcloth. Makes my skin feel extra clean. Not really suited for makeup removal though, I use something different for that- either an oil cleanser or a foaming one. This product keeps my skin smooth and bright and clear, and I've decided that I have to keep using it if I want to keep my skin that way. I'm glad my skin cleared up but I'm not sure how I feel about becoming dependent on using this.
Despite the price tag this is now a staple item for me. Have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by vic2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this cleanser. In fact, amongst all the ones I have ( and I do have plenty, notice how most of my reviews are for cleansers?!), this is this amongts my top 5 of all times. I've recently moved to Europe and I dread the day my bottle runs out and I have to hunt it down as it isn't sold in Paris...
I use it only once a day, usually at night with the clarisonic, never twice, and have been for a few month now, and I simply love the way my skin feels afterwards: clean and soft. Sometimes I use it as the 2nd cleanser when I do a double cleanse, and in these instances, it's just incredible, your pores are simply spotless.And it doen't take long to notice. A week, and you'll wonder where's it's been your entire life...
I am glad I purchased it before leaving the US, as I was stocking up on all non european sold brands, and I bought it untested but was attracted by the licorice contents ( another top in that category is the DDF!) as I also use a licorice brightening soap which really brighten my skin in the morning.
It's expensive, so ebay is the way...and small bottles are way much more practical than the big bulky one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have noticed my skin is a bit clearer since I started using this but it is drying. Its the sodium lauryl sulfate that causes that I'm sure. t foams up the perfect amount and the smell is a very pleasant peach scent. I have oily skin and so I can handle the drying effect but, I do have to use a good moisturizer. When I bought this I actually thought the packaging said "Anti-Acne" cleansing gel.. lol. Turns out it works pretty well for that but if you have a more mature skin-type that is dry I would not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Hicksnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is the business!!!!!!! I recently tried another cleanser just to switch things up--BIG mistake. I started to break out! After evaluating my skin and realizing that I had no dietary or lifestyle changes, I realized that it was because I had not been using this cleanser! As soon as I began using it again, my skin clarity improved almost over night. The glycolic and salicylic acids help with skin tone and texture.
I use this 2x a day, morning and night because my skin is not at all sensitive and is very oily. If you have combo skin or tend to be dry, you should use this once a day or every few days if you're feeling dull. If you have sensitive, red, or flaky skin-try something that is gentler.
This cleanser can run a little high but it lasts forever! I shared my last bottle with my mom and it lasted 3 or more months--between two people!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Margarett

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this! I got it because I had stubborn blackheads and clogged pores. I got a sample if this and the peel pads and was really impressed with the cleanser, not so much with the pads. I will say, you need to be careful and thorough when you wash it off and make sure you remove all of it. I got a few bad spots where I didn't get it all removed and it left painful red splotches that took several days to get rid of.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by coconaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Sensation after washing: tight, squeaky clean face. A little dry. However, living in a hot and humid climate + having normal type skin, the moisture naturally returns to my face soon enough.

Definitely don't recommend this for dry skin!

3 months in and haven't really seen any spectacular results, which I was expecting with the spectacular list of ingredients on the bottle.

But at least my face feels clean. I don't mind using this until it runs out, but the price reaaalllyy left more to be desired.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I had a sample size of this which I took on vacation with me as my sole cleanser for a week. This is a very thick gel that lathers nicely and feels quite luxurious although my skin does feel tight after using this. I have dry cheeks and forehead and oily nose and chin for reference. It did remove makeup well but stripped my skin. The fragrance is lovely though but I am not buying a cleanser based on the way it smells! I won't purchase a full size of this but I might dilute the remaining product to try to reduce the effect of it when I am trying to use it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by burrrrsoicey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin and find that this cleanser is perfect to use once or twice a week to exfoliate my skin. It makes my skin feel really clean and super soft. It doesn't irritate my skin but it can be a little bit drying so you just have to be careful of that. I love that is has both AHA and BHA, so not only does it get rid of dead skin cells but it gets deep down into the pore to clean it out as well. I find that there really isn't much time for the acids to do their thing as we really only wash our faces for maybe 10-20 seconds. So I like to massage it in for about 30 seconds and then leave it on for a little bit longer, and then rinse off. Great cleanser for when I want a deep clean :)