Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

3.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid), Glycolic Acid/Arginine, Peach Fruit Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Lemon Fruit Extract, Lime Fruit Extract, Linden Flower Extract, Grapefruit Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Red #40, Yellow #5, Fragrance. 6/11/09

This face wash is for strictly oily skin. I sadly have combo skin and was silly enough to buy it in the winter. It is quite stripping but leaves your skin squeaky clean. If I had really grubby skin from a day working in the yard or tanning it would be great. But for every day use not so much. I do really like the brand and will buy more of their products. The smell was nice and there is a lot in a bottle so you get a lot for the hefty price tag. I think for what the issue may be is that the name is misleading. It has no anti aging results to speak of and should be called "turbo face wash for the oiliest of faces only"

on 3/15/2015 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My mom has used this face wash for years now so every once in a while I switch to this. I don't know about any anti-aging benefits but I do think it keeps my acne calmed down and I never break out from it. It never dries out my skin and I can use it morning and night if I wanted too. A little goes a long way so the bottle tends to last about 4+ months which I think is really great.
There isn't much of a scent and it never lingers. Also, even though it has glycolic and salisylic acid, my skin never feels tight but it feels super clean. It says that all skin types can use it and I think so too. I can use it when my skin is super oily or super dry and it never causes a problem. It seems a bit pricey at first but the bottle lasts for a long time so I think it makes up for it. If you are wanting a face wash that doesn't have much of a fragrance and is easy to use anytime, then I say try it out. I always end up going back to this one and the Beta Hydroxy Adic 2% Acne face wash from PTR since my skin always feels clean without being stripped and I think it actually helps keep my skin pretty much clear.

on 2/18/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love PTR products and this face wash is no exception. I use several PTR face washes but this one makes my skin feel the most squeaky clean. No breakouts but I only use every other morning, not because it's too harsh for me but because I really love the PTR glycolic and beta hydroxy cleansers too.

on 2/18/2015 5:26:00 AM

This product keeps my skin smooth and bright and clear. It is my HG cleanser, and I've been using this for two years. I haven't found another cleanser that works this well for me. Lathers up nicely and rinses off easily. Pleasant fruity scent. Makes my skin feel extra clean, but never dried out. Not really suited for makeup removal though, I use something different for that- either an oil cleanser or a foaming one.
For reference i have skin that is combo-oily, clog-prone, not sensitive. This cleanser turned out to suit me perfectly. Makes my skin feel so fresh, and it really keeps the breakouts at bay.
Despite the price tag this is a staple item for me. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

on 1/9/2015 11:01:00 PM

Great cleanser. Perfect for my combination, sensitive skin. Keeps my face extra clean and moisturized. Beautiful fruity smell. Does not strip oil. Although expensive but would buy it again.

on 10/6/2014 5:24:00 PM

Would probably have loved this product in my 20s when I had oily skin that needed these acids to slough and exfoliate to decrease blackheads and deal with excessive oil production. But now I'm I early 40s and bought it based on its name. It's a good product but the name is wrong and it's not correctly marketed (should be targeting teens and 20-somethings). How is this "anti-aging?" It strips my skin and is wayyyy too strong. It should be labeled "Anti Acne." Giving it 2 stars because its not a bad product in and of itself. Returned it to Sephora though.

on 9/25/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw this a couple of years ago on a YouTube review and it always stuck with me. I recently purchased it with a kit from Peter Thomas Roth and I have to say I wish I had gotten it sooner! It does everything it promises: cleanse, eliminate impurities and dirt and take care of the acne!
I don't have acne prone skin but i did have these little pimples on my forehead, kinda like the kind you get when you have bangs and don't let your forehead breathe. When I started using this cleanser, they went right away and now my forehead is smoother than ever! I will say that it does dry out my skin a little. I have slightly dry skin already, or so I think. After I wash with this, I feel it leaves my skin very dry but I don't mind it because I always followup with a hydrating toner and moisturizer. I also only use this in the evening because during the day is when you collect the most dirt and harmful things for your skin. I cleanse the first time to remove the dirt and makeup and then repeat to make sure it gets a good lather and gets really clean. All in all, I will more than likely move on to something else once this is out but it is something I'm glad I purchased.

on 9/6/2014 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is wonderful! I have lots of acne scars and current breakouts, and I use this to exfoliate my skin, which it does, without irritating my breakouts! It smells like peaches, and although it is meant for it's anti-aging capabilities, I use it as a 5-10 minute mask every night after I've taken my makeup off, and my skin has never felt smoother! I definitely recommend!

on 7/16/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, usually on the dry side because of using the wrong products. Most cleansers leave my face red, tight and irritated, or on the other side they don't cleanse well enough and leave it oily. I always tune in when Peter Thomas Roth is on QVC and the products look so high quality and he seems really genuine, so I decided to try this and it is totally legitimate. It's the only cleanser I've used that I can say has brought balance to my skin and actually restored it instead of stripping it or not doing much of anything. Excellent ingredients making for an excellent result! :) My pores are not clogged, acne greatly reduced, my skin is not red, my face makeup is thoroughly removed. My skin just feels clean, smooth and even. I don't have a lot of fine lines, except laugh lines and minor expression lines on my forehead, so time will tell if this helps diminish those though I think only cosmetic injections really would. Even with a small amount of blemishes here and there remaining and discolored areas from past abuse to my skin, I feel like I have perfect skin now. Kind of a laugh, compared to people who actually have good skin which I still do not. ;) But this has made it as close to that as I've ever gotten. Added bonus is that now makeup application is made way easier, too, less aggravating and much more fun. Lately I have been using this in the morning mixed with a small amount of the Laura Mercier Face Polish scrub, and it's the perfect prep for my skin! I believe true care and thought was put into the formulation of this cleanser and I highly recommend it!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wanted to like this but, my skin reacted. My lips were swollen & red 😞 if you have sentive skin patch test first.