October 23, 2014 | 1839 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Would probably have loved this product in my 20s when I had oily skin that needed these acids to slough and exfoliate to decrease blackheads and deal with excessive oil production. But now I'm I early 40s and bought it based on its name. It's a good product but the name is wrong and it's not correctly marketed (should be targeting teens and 20-somethings). How is this "anti-aging?" It strips my skin and is wayyyy too strong. It should be labeled "Anti Acne." Giving it 2 stars because its not a bad product in and of itself. Returned it to Sephora though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by oheyash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this a couple of years ago on a YouTube review and it always stuck with me. I recently purchased it with a kit from Peter Thomas Roth and I have to say I wish I had gotten it sooner! It does everything it promises: cleanse, eliminate impurities and dirt and take care of the acne!
I don't have acne prone skin but i did have these little pimples on my forehead, kinda like the kind you get when you have bangs and don't let your forehead breathe. When I started using this cleanser, they went right away and now my forehead is smoother than ever! I will say that it does dry out my skin a little. I have slightly dry skin already, or so I think. After I wash with this, I feel it leaves my skin very dry but I don't mind it because I always followup with a hydrating toner and moisturizer. I also only use this in the evening because during the day is when you collect the most dirt and harmful things for your skin. I cleanse the first time to remove the dirt and makeup and then repeat to make sure it gets a good lather and gets really clean. All in all, I will more than likely move on to something else once this is out but it is something I'm glad I purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by horsmanmel

This product is wonderful! I have lots of acne scars and current breakouts, and I use this to exfoliate my skin, which it does, without irritating my breakouts! It smells like peaches, and although it is meant for it's anti-aging capabilities, I use it as a 5-10 minute mask every night after I've taken my makeup off, and my skin has never felt smoother! I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, usually on the dry side because of using the wrong products. Most cleansers leave my face red, tight and irritated, or on the other side they don't cleanse well enough and leave it oily. I always tune in when Peter Thomas Roth is on QVC and the products look so high quality and he seems really genuine, so I decided to try this and it is totally legitimate. It's the only cleanser I've used that I can say has brought balance to my skin and actually restored it instead of stripping it or not doing much of anything. Excellent ingredients making for an excellent result! :) My pores are not clogged, acne greatly reduced, my skin is not red, my face makeup is thoroughly removed. My skin just feels clean, smooth and even. I don't have a lot of fine lines, except laugh lines and minor expression lines on my forehead, so time will tell if this helps diminish those though I think only cosmetic injections really would. Even with a small amount of blemishes here and there remaining and discolored areas from past abuse to my skin, I feel like I have perfect skin now. Kind of a laugh, compared to people who actually have good skin which I still do not. ;) But this has made it as close to that as I've ever gotten. Added bonus is that now makeup application is made way easier, too, less aggravating and much more fun. Lately I have been using this in the morning mixed with a small amount of the Laura Mercier Face Polish scrub, and it's the perfect prep for my skin! I believe true care and thought was put into the formulation of this cleanser and I highly recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by OnePerfectPicture

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wanted to like this but, my skin reacted. My lips were swollen & red 😞 if you have sentive skin patch test first.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great cleanser. It does everything it claims: refines pores, deeply cleanses and washes away impurities and makeup, reduces the look of lines and wrinkles. Maybe I have the placebo effect, but I actually have noticed the small fine lines around my eyes to not be as smooth and more noticeable since using a cheaper makeup removing cleanser when I ran out of this stuff a couple months ago. I use liquid foundation and waterproof eyeliners and mascaras, so I need a makeup removing cleanser that gets the job done right the first time. There was no residue of makeup left on my face or my eyes after using this cleanser, which I can't say for all of the makeup removing cleansers I have used in the past. I do use a facial towelette and a liquid eye makeup remover before cleansing my face, however, so I don't know how well this cleanser works without any prior makeup removal, but I was always clean and satisfied with the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iíve always believed that I should go cheap on cleansers (Itís only on my face for a minute, after all), and then I received a deluxe sample (3.3 fl. oz.) of this cleanser. For years Iíve been using Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser for my combination/oily skin with occasional breakouts, and it was fine, no complaints. This PTR cleanser has made me a convert. After two uses my skin was smoother, softer, and clearer. This doesnít dry my skin out or leave it feeling oily, perfectly soft and clean. I was so surprised; I never expected a cleanser to deliver those kinds of results. A month later my skin looks better than ever and I canít imagine going back to my old cleanser. It has a pleasant, not too strong or overwhelming peachy scent. It leather very well and a pea-sized amount cleanses my whole face a neck so a little goes a long way (after one month barely any appears missing from the bottle). I use with wish my hands and a microfiber washcloth or with my Clarisonic. Yes, itís more expensive, but it is worth it. I will buy a full-size of this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

This is a really amazing cleanser. It is loaded with good for the skin ingredients and none of the harsh stuff often found in ds facial cleaners, but what is more important to me is that it does everything that I want a cleanser to do; leaves my face feeling clean and fresh (not tight or overly dry), is soft and smooth to use, foams nicely and leaves no residue behind and smells nice and not overly chemical or strong. The bottle is super easy to use, although i would prefer a pump or squeeze tube just because I often got more product then I wanted and literally had to store the bottle upside down towards the end to get the last 10 or so uses.

I simply can't afford to use this as my primary cleanser, which is the only reason why I would not repurchase. $35 for a cleanser is just not in my budget right now.

I love this and would recommend to anyone; for the record I have combination oily/dry skin, am acne-prone along my jawline and have dry patches on cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I'm actually afraid to stop using this now. I used up a whole bottle, liked it very much, and then moved on to something else. Around this time my complexion went absolutely crazy, no matter what I did I couldn't get the breakouts to stop. I just couldn't seem to pinpoint the problem. Then I got another bottle of PTR's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, and after about 3 or 4 weeks of regular use my skin has returned to normal again.
It's a great cleanser, lathers up nicely and rinses off easily. Pleasant fruity scent. I like to use it with my Olay Pro-X brush or just with a washcloth. Makes my skin feel extra clean. Not really suited for makeup removal though, I use something different for that- either an oil cleanser or a foaming one. This product keeps my skin smooth and bright and clear, and I've decided that I have to keep using it if I want to keep my skin that way. I'm glad my skin cleared up but I'm not sure how I feel about becoming dependent on using this.
Despite the price tag this is now a staple item for me. Have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by vic2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this cleanser. In fact, amongst all the ones I have ( and I do have plenty, notice how most of my reviews are for cleansers?!), this is this amongts my top 5 of all times. I've recently moved to Europe and I dread the day my bottle runs out and I have to hunt it down as it isn't sold in Paris...
I use it only once a day, usually at night with the clarisonic, never twice, and have been for a few month now, and I simply love the way my skin feels afterwards: clean and soft. Sometimes I use it as the 2nd cleanser when I do a double cleanse, and in these instances, it's just incredible, your pores are simply spotless.And it doen't take long to notice. A week, and you'll wonder where's it's been your entire life...
I am glad I purchased it before leaving the US, as I was stocking up on all non european sold brands, and I bought it untested but was attracted by the licorice contents ( another top in that category is the DDF!) as I also use a licorice brightening soap which really brighten my skin in the morning.
It's expensive, so ebay is the way...and small bottles are way much more practical than the big bulky one.