April 21, 2014 | 1525 users online

Cleansers - Earth Science - Clarifying Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

Why I like it:

- it has natural ingredients and barely any fragrance
- it is sulfate free
- it removes makeup well
- it cleanses oily skin without over drying
- it's fairly cheap (about $12 after tax)

The slight cons:

- though my skin does feel less oily after use I still have some shine
- it can irritate my eyes sometimes

Overall this is a good one! Even though picking this up requires a separate trip to the natural foods store I would still pick this over any sulfate filled drugstore brand any day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I am on a quest to find a natural or organic face wash and I settled on this for the time being. I have the matching clarifying toner which I love. I found this facial wash a bit drying around my nose, but my skin looks less congested and my face was left soft on the rest of my face so go figure. It does a good job of removing my foundation and doesn't irritate my skin or leave it red. I can get it to lather well for me if I pump into my hands first and I like that it is a gel since I have oily skin. I only need one pump of the bottle. It has good ingredients which I admire. I cross my fingers this doesn't stop working out for me. Update: Yup, this is not working out for me as much as I wanted it to be. It has been two months so far and my skin is not too happy with me. The cleanser is very drying, especially around my nose, chin, and forehead areas. My cheeks are less flushed and pores look clean there, but my forehead is breaking out from one of the ingredients . I will have to stop using this and maybe move on to something else I can find at Wholefoods. So sad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that this face wash gently cleanses your skin without making my skin feel dry and tight afterwards. I have acne combination skin and this hasn't cause me to break out. However it's not great if you need deep cleansing. The smell is okay not appealing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by melissast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have always struggled with not being able to find a good balance for my skin. If I use a cream cleanser, its too oily. If I use a gel cleanser, its on the dry side. I use this cleanser at night (because it does an awesome job at removing makeup) in conjunction with a cream cleanser (Earth Science ADE Cream Cleanser) in the morning. My skin is now perfectly balanced and looks and feels better than it ever has. Both of these cleansers from Earth Science are awesome and for once I dont have a single spot on my face...glad to have found a regimen that works!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by AdelaideHanoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser! I use it along with my Olay rotating brush, and the Earth Science toner with hyaluronic acid. It really does the job cleaning my skin. I also use my Clinique moisturizer after cleansing, and the combination of these products makes my skin amazing!
I would recommend this to anyone with oily/combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by analucia

my skin reacts to everything, and this did not make me break out or dry my skin out. i randomly found this at marshall's and decided to give it a try, and i was so relieved when it actually worked. i don't think it works any miracles. i didn't see any "plumping" or whatever, but it cleaned my face and didn't cause a reaction. i wish i could find it at marshall's again, but i guess i'll have to pay full price for it at sprout's.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaylward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my reliable cleanser. I have been using it for 3 years now and every time I try to switch to something more "fancy" I always go back. It's perfect for my sensitive/combination skin and works great with my clarisonic.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by radlett

I saw immediate results when I first switched to this cleanser. My skin was more even, more smooth, a little fresher than usual. A little goes a long way, and the 8 oz. bottle lasts me forever. I've been using this product for a year and I'm not through my second bottle yet. I totally recommend this. The only place I can find it in person is at Whole Foods.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Freckledflower

This clogged me bad. At first I didn't realize this was the cause because it snuck up so slowly but after about two weeks of use my face was covered in bumps (clogged pores). I stopped using moisturizer for a week thinking that might be the cause but it didn't help. After two days of not using this my skin is all ready much smoother and 95% of the bumps are gone. Sadly be careful with this one

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by lusciouslyna89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on impulse at my local Health Foods whn a lady who worked there recommended it to me, and I must say I'm glad I did!
My skin is recovering acne prone, sensitive, combo/oily skin. Products with BP & SA only ravaged my skin more, & almost everything in the skincare section at drugstore only clogs me up more. So for a few months I've been tryn to take a more natural simple approach to skincare.
So far the staples in my natural routine are OCM w/ evoo, grapeseed, & castor, this cleanser, Rosewater w/ Glycerin, & a Radiant Skin moisturizer that was also recommended to me at that same health foods.

Anyway, this product is unlike anything I've ever tried, it removes all the oil & makeup from OCM & leaves my skin toned & firm, it minimizes my pores & minimizes size of breakouts overnight, & minimizes oilies, especially if I cleanse in the AM too which I rarely do...only when I feel I need it.
Thanks to this routine my makeup goes on beautifally fresh & stays that way through out the day w/ lilttle to no touch ups.
I feel fortunate to have gotten such a wonderful reccomendation! (: