October 25, 2014 | 1168 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Self Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jillheartsmakeup

this is a nice cleanser. It's really gentle and its pretty effective.
its cheap, and you can often get it for free when you buy the soaps (sometimes they have little deals at shoppers or walmart). The smell is so-so, but thats okay because i'd rather have it smell just okay than disgusting. I recommend this to anyone with fair or sensitive skin, it'll get the job done, and for cheap :) good luck! and thanks dove for another great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My packaging and even its name are totally different from this. Mine comes with a pump which makes it so much more convenient. Unlike those that come in tubes, I don't have to squeeze and then lather up foam. Once I press the pump, it will dispense the foam immediately. Strangely, mine's called self-foaming facial wash and it's made in Japan. ( This is an advantage because I have more faith in Japanese products.)

Anyway, it foams A LOT even with one and a half pumps even though it was recommended to have three pumps on the instruction label. Thus, I think this will last for quite a while. Secondly, of all foaming cleansers that I've tried, this is the one that doesn't strip away my skin's moisture. It cleanses well and at the same time, my skin doesn't feel tight.With this, I can clean my face twice a day which I don't normally do as it would be too dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by etherealfairy

I have used this cleanser for a few years now, as my family uses it normally. It was probably my first cleanser too. It's very good for dry and sensitive skin. I normally pump it 3 times and then massage it onto my face. This is a gentle and basic cleanser and it has never broken me out =]

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Made my already oily skin even oilier. I'm a huge Dove fan, but I found the Dove bar works wayyyy better than this cleanser did.

Smells great, easily foamed and stuff... just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just finished this bottle this morning. I got it as an alternative to philosophy's purity made simple high foaming cleanser. Overall it was a pretty good one step cleanser. It took off all my makeup in one wash and did not dry out my skin at all. It also had that classic clean powdery dove sent to it too. Towards the end of the bottle the pump did stick and would not come back up unless you squeezed the bottle. For the price (3-4 bucks) I would but this again but now it's discountinued like most things that I decide that I like :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by jugiwax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best products I have ever used. The cleanser was strong enough to remove makeup residue but gentle enough to leave my face soft and smooth. Unfortunately, this item was discontinued and had issues with the pump in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 7:54:00 AM More reviews by danielle104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent cleanser for my very oily, very sensitive skin. Thoroughly cleanses my skin, removes all traces of make-up and oil. Yet so gentle, non-irritating. And cheap as chips. Simply amazing!

I like to try different products, but i always keep coming back to this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lindsay13_88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It cleans all of the makeup off your face and doesn't sting your eyes, but it leaves your skin incredibly dry. My face was flaking only 30 seconds after rinsing the cleanser off - and I never have really dry skin. This cleanser would be better for someone with really really oily skin. I wouldn't repurchase :(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Rhinnanon

I found this product disappointing. I use alot of Dove products and I have become use to their thick, rich textures. This product was watery and separated in the container. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2006 1:58:00 AM More reviews by MeganAirmet

This leaves your skin very dry yet not clean either. Hmmm, I wouldn't waste the money. But did not sting eyes AT ALL.