July 28, 2014 | 2244 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Volume

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by patchoulissime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like the reviewers before me have stated, if you want natural lashes go for it. If you want as full and long lashes as possible, don't waste your money on this.

I usually like to write more detailed reviews, but there's really not much to say about this mascara. I have it in brown, and really like how it doesn't look too harsh on me and it doesn't clump even with couple layers on, but that's about it.

It's too waxy for my liking, it doesn't really give any volume or lenghten and considering it's price, you're better off with any drugstore mascara.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Stearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/Ethylhexylacrylamide (Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer), PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Panthenol, PVP, Polybutene, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sericin, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sorbic Acid.

Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Mica, Chromium Oxide Greens, Manganese Violet, Yellos 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 8:33:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Good, but not good enough. It looks great at first- no clumps, natural but flattering, great black color, but the effect doesn't last. The mascara almost wears off by the end of the day, so by 5, it doesn't look like you're wearing much. I also noticed some flaking and black bits gathering in the corners of my eye. I like it better than 90% of the mascaras out there, but much prefer Mark's Make it Big mascara ($7 CAN) or Covergirl's Professional mascara ($5-$6 CAN). Both have superior lasting power with the same look and better price!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by attdexter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara does not exactly thicken, but is great for an everyday mascara. My biggest problem with finding a mascara in the past was clumping, and this mascara does not ever clump or smear! I have had my first tube for a couple months now and it is still great! Maybe I should try layering it with other mascaras to achieve more thickness and length? The brush is easy to use and I like the simple black tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by KDM

It doesnt volumize... It's pretty average especially for its price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2007 4:28:00 AM More reviews by ice_tea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with what other reviewers said - this is a good mascara to achieve a natural look. It really never clumps no matter how many coats I put on (Is that why it's so expensive?). It doesn't curl my lashes well though. Because I am the type who doesn't want to bother with a lash curler and it is expensive, I don't think I would buy it again. Many low end mascaras would do a similar job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG! I love it.This is a TERRIFIC mascara! I've turned at least 2 friends on to it as well. It deserves much more recognition and that is precisely why I am here! :) My lashes look dark, full and feathery and it doesn't take a whole lot to get there. Gives a natural look, but with just the right amount of oomph. Doesn't clump, flake or smudge, and it does a great job of holding a curl. Removes easily with my Bobbi Brown e/m remover (another HG). Inexpensive, so that's a plus too. Overall a terrific mascara when used with Shiseido base. I've repurchased this mascara several times.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by MellyC

This is it!! Ever since I've started wearing makeup, I've always had that problem of mascara smudges under my eyes about halfway through the day, necesitating cleaning it off and then reapplying my undereye concealer. I don't have particularly oily skin; I do wear eye cream during the day which I know is a no-no but I powder my eyelids and right under the lashes to hopefully prevent smudging. But even going cream-less, still smudges!! I have tried everything and even waterproof mascaras smudge. This mascara is awesome!! IT WILL NOT SMUDGE!! No marks under my lashes, even at the end of the day. Although it's a volumizing mascara, it still is pretty good in the lengthening department. My only complaint is if you're going for a night-time, dramatic eye look, it won't give you that inky-black, glossy bold look. This mascara layers nicely and NEVER CLUMPS, you can build it up to make it fuller and heavier, but you'll never get that superdramatic, glossy look. I would compare this mascara to the clinique high impact mascara to give you a frame of reference, but perhaps just a little tiny bit less lengthening. Also, this mascara really holds the curl nicely, more so than other mascaras I have tried (and I've tried a lot!!). The tube is small, and not much comes off on the brush when you pull it out, visually it's the equivilant of when your mascara is getting near the end and there's not much left....but then you put it on and realize you've got what you need, maybe only a little going on the brush at a time is what helps keep it from clumping. For nightime I tried putting on my regular mascaras (either clinique high-impact or Lancome hypnose), just a tiny bit, then covering it over with the muf. It seemed to work somewhat well in keeping it from smudging. This is defintely the best everyday daytime mascara you will find. I am so thrilled to finally find a no-mantinence mascarsa I can put on in the morning and not think about the rest of the day. Also, someone mentioned it being water-resistant? I don't know about that, if it gets wet (from tears, rain, whatever) it will smudge then, but really, how often do your eyelashes get wet during the day? This is definetely my HG, Makeup forever is a great brand, they never disappoint!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ara133

Great mascara! Tried it out for the first time today and the application was easy (big fat brush), it dried semi quickly, didn't clump, and it has stayed on all day (applied at 10:00 am and it is 2:30 the next morning now!) with NO smudging anywhere! No little black specks below my eyes, etc. Fantastic. No noticeable scent. Compared to other mascaras I have used, this is up there with Prescriptives, but I think this one actually makes my lashes look fuller than Prescriptives volumizing mascara. It is much better than Pout (which I don't like anymore because it takes WAY too long to dry and always gets all over my face if I blink within 15 min of application!), and also better than Stila, Maybelline, etc. Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2005 12:05:00 AM More reviews by minanmi

My favorite everyday mascara. This product seems unassuming and its results average, until you realize that your eyelashes still have their curl and length at the end of a long day with nary a smudge or "pill" beneath your lashes; I love this mascara!
After being alerted to this product by a friend, I was initially unimpressed by its functional black tube and average looking brush. I was surprised however, to find that it has a smooth, clump-free formula, which builds easily to give thick lashes. It does lengthen, but not to any great degree, which makes this only an everyday wear mascara. As said, it holds a curl well, doesn't budge, but also washes off with simple cleanser and water at the end of the day.
At $18 for 8ML, it's fairly well-priced for a higher-end mascara, but it still breaks my poor-student pocketbook. Will wait to buy again as a result, and pray I can get it cheaper somehow at some point or that my paycheck gets bigger.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2004 1:23:00 AM More reviews by DESKA

I think this is a great product...I'm on my second tube and you can get these at Sephora. (Sometimes this line is hard to find) The mascara never clumps, never smears or runs down my face - it is fantastic and I'll be buying more of this!