October 30, 2014 | 1864 users online

Pressed Powders - Mojave Magic - Multi Purpose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by narshallow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this powder in Pinktone from QVC years ago. I still have it, because I didn't wear makeup that much. It's a nice duo powder compact of mauve-y pinks that work good as blush, eyeshadow, lip color and as a contour. I recently rescued it from my old makeup stash and have decided to use it all up. :) I really don't think it's that bad of a product. Although, my compact did break. :/ But, it's still usable.

I don't think Mojave Magic cosmetics are made anymore, so I wouldn't buy it again. I think there's better products out there made, now for multi-use. Namely, Stila Convertible Color in really pretty shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2004 7:45:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I already wrote a separate review on the Original MPP-but I love the new Pinktone MPP much better;it is 2 shades of gorgeous light pink, and I find that is suited better for my fair complexion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2004 7:23:00 PM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too pricey for a tiny little compact that contains some brown chalky powder in it! It went on my face very unevenly and the retractable brush that they give you with it stinks! The brush is coarse and makes the powder look blotchy. Don't waste your money on this--buy a bronzer that is not "sample size" for less $!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2003 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Zezzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this product but I didn't. I don't know if I just couldn't get the hang of using it lightly although I kept trying it every way I could and it just didn't come out right on me. I'm a pale person so maybe it was just too pigmented for me. Not sure.

UPDATE (8/19/03) They recently came out with a Pinktone version of the original and that seems to work better with my skin tones.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2003 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tiggerfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't work well for me. I'm extremely fair and it made me look like I was digging in the garden and strategically placed the dirt on my face. I've practiced and practiced with all different types of applicators for this product and just can't seem to master it's intensity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2002 1:48:00 PM More reviews by DaisyJane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff ROCKS! I have been using it for about 3 years. I switch off and on to MAC blushes but this is my all time favorite bronzer!! I don't use the brush it comes with but it works great with my MAC blush brush!I even use it on my eyes sometimes!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2001 5:03:00 PM More reviews by maybaline

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the brush is too harsh and the color is hard to controle, streaky and made my face look dirty/ too fake looking and no blendability. when you blend it it disappears,then you put more on and it is too much again( a viscious cycle), plus the compact lid broke off the first day i had it. i wait a few days in hopes that i just did it wrong, but everytime it ends the same way!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2001 10:15:00 PM More reviews by muakitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to disagree with the other reviewers--this product is horrible. Maybe it's because I'm very fair, but it made my face look dirty and wasn't at all natural looking on. I immediately threw it into my give-away pile. I'm very disappointed and would not purchase any Mojave Magic products ever again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2001 1:47:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I thought the package was *adorable* - small and portable and with a brush. It is a great powder, BUT it may be a bit *too* small. I used a Stila powder brush, and it was hard to sweep it across the bronzer to pick some powder up, as the compact was so small. It's good if you're trying to travel light though, and quite a cute item :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2001 4:38:00 PM More reviews by knebel22

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder is great. Somedays I just put the powder on and run out the door. You can control the look you get from light to dark. I mix both colors together. A nice pick me up in the winter.