Revlon High Dimension Mascara

2.5

on 9/6/2006 10:33:00 PM

Let's just say that if given a choice between this mascara and rabid bat droppings to darken my lashes....you'd find me scoping out some caves.

on 6/30/2006 4:36:00 PM

This made me remember the time I got this sh*t in my eye- as in, the wand, poking me directly in the iris. Horrible, horrible. I wear contacts, and it smeared all over them so I couldn't see out of my left eye for about a half hour, until I just threw the contacts away. Bad mascara, too

on 2/27/2006 10:58:00 AM

Got this in "Bronze Flash" for cheap at a discount beauty store near me. Am very glad about that because it's not a very good mascara. The wand is awkward to use (it's an odd, bulky, squared-off shape) and the formula is clumpy and chunky. Revlon marketed this wrongly--this doesn't 'flash' from one color to another. Instead it is merely a dark brown mascara with lots of gold microglitter. The glitter gets onto your lashes so that at certain angles (and in certain lighting) your lashes change from being dark to looking sorta blonde. Gold eyelashes? It's a rather weird effect on me since I have dark eyes and hair. Plus, I think the glitter contributes to the glumpy, funky formula. I tried doing two coats on one eye but ended up with tarantula lashes, even with judicious use of my metal lash comb. Holds a curl okay, not great.

And it migrates everywhere! (Both mascara and glitter). That might be okay if you're going for a dirty, glam-rock sort of look or go to raves regularly, but as your average chick, I can't tolerate it (and getting false glitter lashes is probably easier and much less messy than this). I wear contacts and was mortally fearful that glitter would get caught in my eyes too. It washed off easily enough, though traces of glitter remained on my face. I'll try experimenting with using this over a normal mascara but I doubt I'll get another.

Guess I'm going to be the odd one out here, I love this! Only in the Garnet shade, though; I tried the Sapphire, and my eyes don't do well with that color, and the Bronzed Brown has a different texture or something. But the Garnet isn't too harsh against my PPP skin, brings out the green in my greenish grey eyes, and this adds just the right amount of length and thickness to my long blonde lashes. I don't notice much in the way of shimmer, but for me that's a good thing since I can wear it to work! Oh, and did I mention that I live 20 minutes from a Revlon outlet so I can get it for $0.99? I'm wanting to try other plum-type mascaras now (since brown is so hard to find and brownish-black and black are harsh on me) but a bad run in with a Bourjeois is making me wonder why I even want to try something else! HG for me as long as I can find it.

on 1/7/2006 12:06:00 AM

Just got this from cosmesticsandmore.com. Crap! I compared it with Almay Bright Eyes Mascara...no comparison. It has a bronzy shimmer that at first was nice but didn't build up or lift. I'll use it over my regular mascara just for the shimmer.

on 1/3/2006 4:21:00 PM

Wow, I haven't tried a mascara that migrated so much in years. Flakes everywhere by mid morning. This was the Bronzed Brown, didn't try any other colors thankfully.

on 1/1/2006 1:36:00 AM

The good: Slightly lengthens my lashes. The bad: does nothing other than slight lengthening. After 4hrs it flaks.

on 5/13/2005 1:19:00 PM

"high Dimension" my butt. this mascara does nothing but clump lashes together with the freaky brush and it smears. I have yet to purchase a drugstore brand that doesn't smear. Unless it's waterproof.

on 11/22/2004 10:16:00 PM

This did nothing for my short skimpy Asian lashes. I curled my lashes, put it on and it made my lashes straight and spidery. I got it in Black Sapphire--total waste of money. Still on the hunt for my HG mascara.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Truly hate this mascara.... flakes under your eyes......you are not going to see any shimmer on you lashes instead those''supposed to be shimmer'' parts really made my eyes begging for the eye drops.....................

Popular Mascaras