December 22, 2014 | 1907 users online

Polishes - Milani - Black Cherry

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by samsungasong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Comes in a lovely bottle & is easy to apply. The colour is a deep cherry colour which looks almost black once applied & it reminds me of one of the OPI colours called "linkin Park". The gloss to this polish is just amazing & I love the high gloss finish yet in saying that, it's a little too dark for me. I wouldn't repurchase it for me, purely because it's too dark yet it's perfect for my teenage daughter. I would highly highly recommend this polish & colour for those who can wear darker colours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I understand why this polish has rave reviews, but it's really a disaster for me. I freaking adore the color, which is about as dark as a polish can get without ever being mistaken for black. I even like the shimmer, and I usually only purchase cream polishes. But the application is horrifically streaky--the worst I have ever encountered, even with three thin coats. The bottle itself is garbage too; brush is difficult to wield and picks up either too much or too little polish. I've tried black cherry several times, hoping it was merely a fault of my own the first few failures...but despite my best efforts (and base/top coats,) this polish just sucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I love this color! This is the perfect fall shade that is sexy but still very professional and polished. Black Cherry is a glossy cool toned dark red almost black color. There are no sparkles or glitter in this polish. With one coat, it comes out a bit sheer but with two layers,it is dark and vibrant. I didn't notice any streaks and the color lays down like a highend polish. I love the thin long brush because it caters to very small nails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A gorgeous color. Perfect for all super-pale people like me who don't want a dark color to wash you out. Goes on thick and opaque. My only complaint with it is that it gets clumpy in the bottle over time, but it's so cheap that it doesn't really matter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by NEEKA85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked this color because I was looking for a nice fall red. When I came across Milani Black Cherry, I knew that I had found the one. The funny thing is that I didnt try the color until a month after I bought it. The application can be a little streaky. I used a base coat, 2 coats of Black Cherry, and a great top coat. To me, it doesnt look brown at all. Its a deep dark, plum red. Love this color and I will be repurchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by libaile7

Love the color, in fact, I'm wearing it now. Had to do 3 coats because of streaking. I think it was more streaky on the nails that had a base coat ( I had to redo a nail & didn't take the time to do a base coat). I'm rough on polish do to my job, but haven't had any chips so far. I've been looking a while for this exact shade of red and I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have two bottles of this nail polish because when I misplaced my first I had to rush out and buy another. This nail polish goes on very smoothly and the color (after two coats) is beautiful- dark and deep with a hint of red and plum. I have very fair skin and on me it doesn't look brown at all. As other reviews have mentioned, it's a great alternative to black nail polish because it's just as dramatic but much more elegant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite nail polish! It gives my nails an almost black with a hint of red color. I like dark colors and this one is less harsh than black while still making a statement. On my friend (blonde/blue eyed/olive skin) the color looks a little more brown with a hint of red. Either way the color is gorgeous! I just wish I could keep my sister from stealing it from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by StardustSteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite nail polish color! I love this jelly-like deep purple/red. It looks very glossy and elegant on your nails. It is a great color and a smooth formula. It does take 3 coats for full effect but it's well worth the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by piratecris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Black Cherry is a deep vamp red that looks black from afar. It has subtle shimmers of reds and purples. Two to three coats suffice for me depending on how sultry I'm feeling. It makes a beautiful fall or winter nail color, but I'll wear it anytime of year because it's so gorgeous.