September 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

These were too small and didn't foam well. I prefer the ROC Daily Exfoliating Disks, which are much larger and foam better. Actually, I don't like self-foaming items as much as water adding ones cause they leave a film on the face that's harder to rinse off and don't foam as well. On the positive side, the pillows would be good for travel and makeup bags. Up for swap.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by kathybe113

when i first saw it, i was like wow! it looks pretty cool, but after trying it, i thought it was okay, nothing spectacular. I think its a great exfoliater and the smell is great but there's other things out there that i would spend my money on. After washing my face, it felt clean and the scent was on my face for a long time,, but after like 10 minutes, my face felt dry...:(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by cinnamin2

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i <3 these pillows...they helped get my acne. i wash my makeup off with cetaphill then i use the pillows to take off the leftover residue. they not only get rid of the residue but they remove dead skin daily...and i think that was what was giving me pimples. there a lifesaver...btw i usually us the exfoilator side first then i wash off my face and run the pillow under water again and use the softer side to finish

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I bought these on sale, thought id give them a shot. Overall not very impressed. Didn't have enough soap to wash off all my makeup. Still had to use extra stuff afterwards. Not to impressed with the product itself eather. As far as glowing, it didn't make me glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by captodometer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In theory, a good idea. Reality is..this products pretty much sucks.

The pillow is too small to clean the entire face with; I felt as if I was moving makeup and dirt from one spot to another instead of removing it entirely. The pads also don't lather very well. And the exfoliating side is extremely abrasive(think Brillo pad) There is a battery operated wand that can be used with these pillows; I could see the exfoliating side actually drawing blood if it were used in this manner:-(

On the positive side: they didn't dry my skin and left no residue.

I paid $4 for a box of 28 at Big Lots; regular price is $4 for 14. Not worth it: there are similar products that work better that cost the same or less(Olay Facials).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by allthatglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

AMAZING product. I love to exfoliate at night and the rough side does just that. I used them in the shower. I usually rinse it in bewteen exfoliation areas and there is enough product in the pillow to go over your face 10X! In addition, I love how you throw them away after use, ensuring no bacteria build up (like in most exfoliating sponges). Definately not for indivdiuals who do are unaware of the powers of exfoliating/sensitive skin. The soap is also great- takes off my makeup off effortlessly and skin feels silky smooth after exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by gazelle1833

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well the only problem I've had with it is that I got some of the soap in my eyes, purely my fault. I have semi-normal skin and it didn't dry it out at all. It made my face feel very soft and I actually prefer it to all cleansers I've used.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2006 1:21:00 PM More reviews by jentalkin2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yuck. My face broke out so bad after using these for only a few days. It felt like there was a film left on my skin, yet it also seemed dry. I tend to be oily and acne-prone and these just didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2006 7:23:00 AM More reviews by sweet_lil_angel

it smells realllllll GOOD!!! but it left my skin feeling really dry afterwars
:( bsides from that this product is great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 6:55:00 PM More reviews by anniele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh - it's just ok, and I kind of wish it was bigger. One reviewer mentioned that the shape of the pillows makes it difficult to get around your nose area, and she's absolutely right. It was also a bit slippery to hold. It would probably be best to use this in the shower, because when I used it at my sink, there was water ALL OVER the counter after I was done, which is pretty annoying. The water dripped down my elbows while I was using the pillow and seeing puddles of tan colored water (from my makeup) all over the countertop was not pretty. I didn't notice any significant benefits that made it stand out from any other other scrub or washcloth, but I was decently satisfied with the exfoliating powder of the scrub by side - didn't find it too harsh, but just right. (I hate it when exfoliants are so gentle that it seems like it's not doing anything). I probably wouldn't repurchase again.

p.s. I bought a 28 pack for $4 at Big Lots, so I gave it a decent price rating. However, I would not pay the regular price, which is over $4 for 14 - the are much better scrubs out there for your money. I noticed, however, that many reviewers only use these when traveling, and I do have to admit that they would be very convenient for that purpose, since you don't have to worry about the pillows drying out or anything.