August 30, 2014 | 1750 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by happygirl14

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my wow! I was not expecting to love this product. I am not a huge fan of lip balms or lip crayons but I bought Roomiest Rose and the color is intense and gorgeous! A true deep rose color and my lips feel incredible and soft. Glides on nicely and can apply with great control. There is a tiny bit of shimmer which is nice and the ingredients are good for your lips. I will be purchasing more colors definitely! I may never use a regular lipstick again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this lipstick! Im on my 3rd one, i buy the hot pink peony one and not only is the color true but it does not dry out your lips like alot of lipsticks! worth the money, however if your looking for long wear this isnt it... you will have to reapply through out the day !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by sonianala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Slides naturally on my lips and blends naturally with my lip colour. It enhances my natural lip color like a color enhanced lip balm. Much more reliable and safe than lip stick. Also easy to apply without a mirror. The only down side is I need to apply it a couple times a day. Great for work but not for weddings etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I was gifted this product in "A Whole Lotta Honey" (a browny nude) by a friend, so I can't speak for the price. That being said, I am definitely hopping on to the Chubby Stick bandwagon!

The packaging is simple but functional, and I love that you just twist the bottom to dispense more product. The bullet is thick and sturdy, so you don't have to worry about it breaking if you twist up too much!. The color is a smooth, perfectly MLBB color on my NC25 skin and it always makes me look "put together" without looking obvious. It evens out my lip tone and can be applied without a mirror since it's so sheer. Once it's on, it feels like a balm and (unfortunately) only lasts as long as you'd expect a balm to last, so you need to reapply often. It's definitely not as long-lasting as most lipsticks.

The major reason why I took off a lippie was because the cap kept coming off in my purse. There doesn't seem to be a way to keep it on more securely, so I just have to store it upright (with the cap up) and make sure to check on it every now and then.

NOTE: They do have kind of a distinct plastic-y scent, so avoid if you really can't stand that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

These were ok but for the money I can buy a couple at the drugstore that do the exact same thing

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by emilykluu

AMAZING!
I have two right now and these are by far the best chubby sticks I have ever used! They're moisturizing and have just the right amount of colour. These chubby sticks also last quite a while on my lips if I don't eat/drink anything. The price is okay but it could be lower... nonetheless I'd repurchase these!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by seeka2000

I'm a sucker for a chubby lip balm. I have Pudgy Peony, Chunky Cherry, and a raspberry one whose name I always forget. Pudgy Peony is my favorite, it's a flattering rich pink on my lips. A great every day color. Chunky Cherry has a nice sheer red look, and once it wears off it leaves a pretty stain. The raspberry shade is gorgeous for fall, just a lovely berry shade that is not too strong for work.

These are fairly moisturizing. They feel light on my lips, no heavy waxy residue. For me, they are average for staying power, but the red and raspberry leave behind just enough of a stain, The packaging is what sold me on these. Touch ups are simple and (almost) foolproof.

I've used my sticks constantly, and still have quite a bit of product left. And I do reapply these a few times a day, gotta have my coffee! So while they are more pricey than a ds version, you do get a fair amount in the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by CXGTRZ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't had too much great experiences with tinted lip balms but I guess since this is on the brand name side, it was an exception. This product has definitely been a great use to me since I've gotten it. Since it is just a lip balm, it isn't too pigmented with swatches and on the lips, but it isn't too transparent either, which was what I was aiming for at the time. Basically, it is great for an everyday use.
As it says on the stick, it is supposed to be moisturizing and for me, it is. It really does what a lip balm should do by moisturizing. My lips are pretty sensitive so they tend to get dry very quickly. With other tinted lip balms I've tried, my lips would just end up chapped with color blotches on certain parts of my lips and it is just not cute. With this, I don't need to worry about that at all. I don't need to apply other non-tinted lip balms just for the moisture to return back to my lips. This product saves me all the time, effort, and space.
The color stay is pretty great, but it does not mean I don't need to touch up throughout the day. However, it is just a lip balm so I don't expect a '24 Hour Stay'. As I just mentioned, it isn't a hassle to apply for it just smoothly glides on.
Repurchasing isn't really on my mind if I ever finish or lose this product, only because it is on the pricy side just for a lip balm. If I have the extra money then sure, but other than that, I could probably find drugstore products with the same results if I really put effort in looking.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went out and purchased my copy of Glamour magazine today, specifically for the chubby stick as I'd heard people gushing about how amazing they are. Um, what? Why would you gush about this? It's alright. But I'm pretty sure every other lipgloss or balm I own can rival this. I have the Strawberry colour (note, these have no fragrance), and it's fairly pigmented for a balm but definitely not as much as a lipstick. The colour is pretty much the same as my lips, except a little darker. One coat creates a barely visible layer of pinky-red, and two coats quite a strong colour. As for moisturisation? Nah. Don't expect much from this. The formula is way to 'slick' for this, it just wears off to easily. I've had two applications in the 7 hours that I have owned this, and all I did was watch a film and browse the internet. After the balm is gone, you can feel that there is some residue left but it's not really enough to moisturise. All in all, I was expecting a thicker formula that would be tacky on my lips and last a long time, I wanted coloured Vaseline basically. This is comparable to a generic tube and wand gloss. So if Clinique was thinking it would get a whole new audience hooked by giving it away with magazine, I think it might have shot itself in the foot because I'm no longer wondering about buying one. I think I will stick to my Body Shop Born Lippy because it's practically the same stuff, except it's much less pigmented, but has a long lasting formula and a nice fragrance. A much cheaper of course!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by shoen

i like the hot pink one (i think its watermelon something) looks super cute when 1st on when i go out, everyone compliments me. I just wished it lasted longer :/