December 22, 2014 | 1623 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the look of this formula. I have several shades, and they all work well. I despise the look of lipstick and the fragrance in most lip products. These are easy to carry and easy to apply -- no mirror necessary. Sometimes I wear Clinique gloss over these for a little more intensity.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I terms of formulation, this is a good product - its hydrating, soothing, gives a slight hint of color and shine, and will protect from the elements on days you skip lipstick. But even in the Winter you need SPF! I am really surprised Clinique skipped this important ingredient.

aside from the SPF issue there are two reasons I don't like this product: 1) it barely "tint's my lips with color and 2) for what it is that it's FAR too expensive. I mean, common! $18.00?! I can grab a Lip Smacker or tinted Baby Lips and it will give the same effect - not to mention there are some other kick-@ss drugstore balms and now drug store brand tinted chubby sticks that run circles around this product at a fraction of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by venicechan

These are amazing!! They are so creamy and hydrating. The colors are so vibrant an they last a long time! Even though they're a little pricey, its so worth it! I wish they had these in matte,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really love these. They are long-lasting and the colors are gorgeous. I have Two Ton Tomato, Chunkiest Cherry, Mightiest Maraschino, Mega Melon, Fuller Fig, and Grandest Guava. They are all terrific but Grandest Guava is especially great with my coloring. WHY is it limited edition?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by onebeed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not able to wear this lip balm because I seem to break out from the Red 30 in it. Made me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by guccietro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the two ton tomato. It's perfect, just the right amount moisture, coverage and shine.
Stays on long too. Finally found my hg lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

At first I was dissapointed with these!

I brought the shade Whoppin' Watermelon on a whim and I was expected it to be a lot more pigmented but I think now I understand the purpose of these!

After a while I found myself reaching for the pink shade a lot on days where I didn't want to bother with lining my lips or lipsticks but still wanted a bit of colour and moisture and the chubby sticks are perfect for that!

I expected these to be similar to other lip crayons I have tried but I don't think these are supposed to replace a lipstick, I think they're just meant as a really lovely, sheer tinted lip balm type thing - although I have to say I have purchased some brighter colours and the colour pay off with them have been excellent!

These don't have the best staying power and do seem to fade after a couple of bites of food or a drink but because they are so moisturising and fool proof to apply you can top up again, again and again without worrying about your lips drying!

Now the Autumn and Winter months have arrived I am loving the shade '08 Grandest Grape' which is a rich purple colour! The pigmentation in this shade is phenumonel and it is definitely my new favourite go to lip product (in this shade anyways)!

I would purchase a chubby stick again although I think I'm still looking to try out a couple different shades and find my HG shades from the collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very moist, it looks natural on my lips and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have not reviewed these lip balms yet because I have been using three of them and I have noticed that they have a slightly different consistency and opacity.

I have Graped up, a nice mauvey berry beige with imperceptable shimmer which is very creamy and has a good coverage for a balm. On fairy skin it can look quite dark and sultry, on mediuml/dark skin it has more a nude. I also have Volouptuos Violet (VV) which on the lips is a beautyful transparent berry colour, like a cooler version of the famous Black Honey tand it looks great on pale and on tanned skin. And I have Woppin Watermelon (WW) which is a semitransparent creamy pink with a blue undertone and depending on how much I apply it can look very natural, almost nude, or a bit more polished in the 60thies kind of look.

They are all very emollient, WW being my favourite in terms of versatility and hydration, and keep my lips moisturized and plump also hours after they fade off, leaving a hue of colour. They are not sticky and shining like glosses but like real balms. For this reason I also love to apply WW and VV under or over my lipsticks to make them more emollient, especially the long lasting ones.

Because they are made with natural oils and butters they are not addictive and drying in the long terms like many other lip products with mineral oil (yes I mean you Clarins Natural Lip perfector!) and the only thing that makes me addicted is the ease and the pleasure to apply them. Once I forgot Woppin Watemelon in the office over the weekend and I almost freaked out! I'm sure I'm going to try many more colours in the cool range.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I have this in 10 Bountiful Blush. It is almost exactly the colour of my lips, so I don't get a lot of colour from it but it just makes my face look a little more "pulled together". It's nice, as I don't really wear lipstick a lot (they tend to dry out my lips). This chubby stick is not drying, though I don't find it moisturising either. I do use a bit of proper lip balm underneath. Sometimes I top with gloss (BB Bare Sparkle). All in all, I think it's a nice product, not overwhelmingly wonderful. I would like to try another brighter colour though.