July 29, 2014 | 1231 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by seeka2000

I'm a sucker for a chubby lip balm. I have Pudgy Peony, Chunky Cherry, and a raspberry one whose name I always forget. Pudgy Peony is my favorite, it's a flattering rich pink on my lips. A great every day color. Chunky Cherry has a nice sheer red look, and once it wears off it leaves a pretty stain. The raspberry shade is gorgeous for fall, just a lovely berry shade that is not too strong for work.

These are fairly moisturizing. They feel light on my lips, no heavy waxy residue. For me, they are average for staying power, but the red and raspberry leave behind just enough of a stain, The packaging is what sold me on these. Touch ups are simple and (almost) foolproof.

I've used my sticks constantly, and still have quite a bit of product left. And I do reapply these a few times a day, gotta have my coffee! So while they are more pricey than a ds version, you do get a fair amount in the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by CXGTRZ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't had too much great experiences with tinted lip balms but I guess since this is on the brand name side, it was an exception. This product has definitely been a great use to me since I've gotten it. Since it is just a lip balm, it isn't too pigmented with swatches and on the lips, but it isn't too transparent either, which was what I was aiming for at the time. Basically, it is great for an everyday use.
As it says on the stick, it is supposed to be moisturizing and for me, it is. It really does what a lip balm should do by moisturizing. My lips are pretty sensitive so they tend to get dry very quickly. With other tinted lip balms I've tried, my lips would just end up chapped with color blotches on certain parts of my lips and it is just not cute. With this, I don't need to worry about that at all. I don't need to apply other non-tinted lip balms just for the moisture to return back to my lips. This product saves me all the time, effort, and space.
The color stay is pretty great, but it does not mean I don't need to touch up throughout the day. However, it is just a lip balm so I don't expect a '24 Hour Stay'. As I just mentioned, it isn't a hassle to apply for it just smoothly glides on.
Repurchasing isn't really on my mind if I ever finish or lose this product, only because it is on the pricy side just for a lip balm. If I have the extra money then sure, but other than that, I could probably find drugstore products with the same results if I really put effort in looking.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went out and purchased my copy of Glamour magazine today, specifically for the chubby stick as I'd heard people gushing about how amazing they are. Um, what? Why would you gush about this? It's alright. But I'm pretty sure every other lipgloss or balm I own can rival this. I have the Strawberry colour (note, these have no fragrance), and it's fairly pigmented for a balm but definitely not as much as a lipstick. The colour is pretty much the same as my lips, except a little darker. One coat creates a barely visible layer of pinky-red, and two coats quite a strong colour. As for moisturisation? Nah. Don't expect much from this. The formula is way to 'slick' for this, it just wears off to easily. I've had two applications in the 7 hours that I have owned this, and all I did was watch a film and browse the internet. After the balm is gone, you can feel that there is some residue left but it's not really enough to moisturise. All in all, I was expecting a thicker formula that would be tacky on my lips and last a long time, I wanted coloured Vaseline basically. This is comparable to a generic tube and wand gloss. So if Clinique was thinking it would get a whole new audience hooked by giving it away with magazine, I think it might have shot itself in the foot because I'm no longer wondering about buying one. I think I will stick to my Body Shop Born Lippy because it's practically the same stuff, except it's much less pigmented, but has a long lasting formula and a nice fragrance. A much cheaper of course!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by shoen

i like the hot pink one (i think its watermelon something) looks super cute when 1st on when i go out, everyone compliments me. I just wished it lasted longer :/

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by nailamaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

They r nice but honestly speaking i have the revlon and they r equally pigmented and xctually glide smoother and more moisterizing than clinique , so for me not worth buying clinique but i have bought about 6 in revlon:)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not as hydrating or moisturising as you would think. I found it drying and hardly any colour payoff at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by JamLam

I have this in Pudgy Peony - initially applied in the morning after sneaking into my sisters lipstick stash - and the color lasted until i got home in the evening, enough for me to show her and get her to guess what color I had on. It leaves a nice stain on the lips, but it will transfer onto anything your lips come in contact with. I went out and bought my own - $40NZD for full size. I like this because it isn't drying but i still apply carmex before application and it's not too "dressy" so good for everyday wear. Pudgy Peony is a nice deep fuschia - adds a bit of pop to my otherwise plain everyday makeup look.

You will come across some colors in this range that are really sheer (i'm talking about Voluptuous Violet - don't go there seriously) so it pays to try before you buy. Two Ton Tomato is also a good red color.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by pb84

Hype and confusion. I don't get it how people review this line is "so pigmented"? It's sheer color, alright?
The color pay off sucks big time. With waxy texture, you can see layer of products on your lip, and color won't come up nicely. It's also not very hydrating, it dries my lips hour after like 1 hour. it doesn't last at all. Honestly, Maybeline baby lip give better moisturize and a sheer color. YEs, the chubby is that bad.
packaging is cute, and that's all about it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - I bought the Chubby Colour & Shine Set (Christmas 2011) which came with a cute silver pouch and four mini-sized Chubby Sticks in: Woppin' Watermelon (sheer pink), Mega Melon (sheer melon), Super Strawberry (sheer medium berry pink), and Whole Lotta Honey (sheer muted red-toned brown). These have a smooth, soft texture, and provide a hint of color. They feel somewhat moisturizing and definitely protective for my lips. Handy and easy to use and reapply.

Comparisons - A nice alternative to the Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tints and such, and at a slightly lower price point for the full sized units. I much prefer these Chubby Sticks to Clinique's Superbalms which are too runny and sticky (and my lips don't like the petroleum jelly base).

Packaging - Very portable. Twist-up fat crayon pencil with plastic barrel that reflects the shade inside.

Overall - Great for gals wanting just a hint of color without the stickiness of traditional lip gloss. This is a staple in my handbag. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by natsiroo

I got the clinique chubby stick in a little gift bag after purchasing a liquid foundation and counter at my Macy's clinique counter. First glimpse at the chubby stick, being a very deep violet purple (voluptuous violet), I was a little out of my comfort zone. To my discovery, it was not very pigmented, and provided just a little bit of a darker tint which I absolutely loved. It is very moisturizing and just adds a little bit of extra color to any look. If you want it more pigmented you can definitely build it up. ONLY flaw is that it does not last a long time. However, I don't mind applying but that may be a problem to a few of you.