Clinique Chubby Stick (all shades)

Ingredients for all shades: castor seed oil [] caprylic/capric triglyceride [] vegetable oil [] candelilla wax [] beeswax\cera alba [] ozokerite [] shea butter [] hydrogenated vegetable oil [] jojoba seed oil [] tocopherol [] mango seed butter [] meadowfoam seed oil [] hydrogenated olive oil [] sunflower seed oil [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] mica [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] red 7 lake (ci 15850) [] red 22 lake (ci 45380) [] red 30 lake (ci 73360) [] carmine (ci 75470) [] red 6 (ci 15850) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] red 33 lake (ci 17200) [] red 28 lake (ci 45410) [] blue 1 lake (ci 42090) [] yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 7/20/2015 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This got a lot of great reviews and I am really puzzled as to why. Maybe it is the color I bought (heaping hazelnut) but I honestly think this is a just a glorified lip balm. For $17 I expect a lot more from a product. This had zero color payoff on me and lasted like any other lip balm would...except it was even less moisturizing. I'll stick with Burts Bees for that- it is 5 x cheaper and tastes better too!

on 7/4/2015 9:34:00 PM

I received a sample of this awhile ago in the color, "super strawberry" and really liked it for occasional use (the shade is a bit too pink for me). I decided to buy this in the color "heaping hazelnut" because I am interested in a no makeup look for every day, and the color on me looks like my natural lip color slightly improved. I was initially really excited but after only owning this for a few days I've noticed that it is sheer but has buildability (which I like) however it has no staying power and actually leaves my lips quite dry. I'm interested in something moisturizing and for the price I paid (nearly $20) this is not it, I'm returning this ASAP.

on 6/29/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this as a gift from a friend and so far it's just OK. Almost no color payoff - too sheer.
Not hydrating enough. I have similar "gloss balm" crayon/sticks from other brands that are better. No staying power and too drying.

Will not repurchase.

on 3/28/2015 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

These are effortless. They are in great colors and easy to apply without needed a lip liner. I reach for the pink one all the time. Luminous, light, good coverage and relatively long lasting. Not dry. I am so happy with these creamy colorful crayons. So easy.

on 3/20/2015 1:06:00 PM

Got this in Super Strawberry as part of a GWP recently. I loved it when I first swiped it on - the color is sheer but buildable and super-flattering; the formula is creamy. But the affair was short-lived; the color was mostly gone after a cup of coffee and my lips were left dry. I've tried it several more times because I really want to like it, but always with the same result. Because of that I don't even want to keep it in my purse for touch-ups.

For a product that markets itself as a moisturizing balm I can't believe how drying it is. Also, the color is twist-up but not self-sharpening, so after a while you're left with an awkward stump. If I'd actually paid for it I'd have taken it back to the counter. One of these often pops up in a Clinique GWP, so I'd suggest waiting to try it that way if you're still curious.

on 3/17/2015 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in the shade Richer Raisin which is a browny/plummy colour. And i'm not too impressed. it adds shine and some moisture. But not much colour at all. On my pigmented lips it's pretty much clear. It's scent and taste free. I'v had it a month, and it's already started to break at the base. I haven't even twisted it up at all yet!! Overall not for me. But if you like sheer colour, and can deal with the breakage you'll enjoy it.

on 3/4/2015 2:15:00 AM

I love the idea of the chubby stick, the way it's applied and all that, but I'm not super impressed. I much prefer the Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Charmed to the Chubby Stick in Roly Poly Rosy. And it's cheaper.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great color payoff and all around good formula, these "chubbies" are SURE to rock your Clinique world! I bought mine in the shade raspberry, and boy NO REGRETS! They are highly pigmented, and they go on smooth and dry moist. My only complaint- the shades don't last all day, but most.

on 2/13/2015 6:26:00 PM

i got use the light shades for everyday going out. it really moisturises the lips and has a lovely shine. its a mix of lipstick and lip balm

on 1/14/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard great things about it, so I bought one for me. As I live in Brasil, it was crazy expensive, but I thought it was worth it. But, not so much.
The colour is nice, it lasts long.. But mine is starting to break, and I have it for only a month! I never break any of my make up stuff because I really love them.. So I think it's not because I was sloppy or anything, but it's not that great for the price I paid!

Popular Lipsticks