November 27, 2014 | 1483 users online

Eyeliner - Milani - Eye Pencil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There seem to be at least several different types of Milani eye pencil but this is the only review I coudl find so let me start by clarifying that this is for the Milani Liquid Like Eye Pencil (I think these used to be called Liquif'eye? Needs manual sharpening) - it comes in 7 colours and I have them all.
The formula of these is super soft and creamy, the colour just glides on and after a few seconds, it sets LIKE CONCRETE and does not smear, smudge, fade, flake or do anything else that you do not want an eyeliner to do. My (very persnickity) personal opininion is that these are right on that borderline of almost too soft, they blunt down very quickly and if you don't have a decent sharpener, then they can be a bit tricky to get nice, clean points on them. So a point off for that but otherwise, these are pretty damn near perfect.
Cheap, I think they retail for $7USD or so but I got mine off Cherry Culture for 20% off, so bonus there. A basic eyeliner in New Zealand sets you back at least $20 - $25, so this is very affordable, even with shipping.
Limited but pretty color range, black (intensely inky black), dark brown, bright vivid gold (I have heard this in particular is a very good dupe for Urban Decay's discontinued Honey liner), light metallic silver, a gorgeous teal toned aqua, a lovely shimmery pewter charcoal and a perfect violet purple, which is a bang on dupe for MAC Pearlglide Designer Purple, right down to the teeny micro glitter. I swatched both side by side this morning and they are virtually identical, so if you love DP, this is a cheaper alternative. If anything, the Milani is ever so slightly softer and maybe takes a few seconds longer to set but that could just be because the Milani pencil is newer and my Pearlglides are from 2010.
Lasting power is fantastic, as mentioned, they last for HOURS without any issues and look immaculate even after a long day (or a long nap, heh) so these are hard to go wrong with.
More colours (emerald and olive greens! a smutty mushroom taupe! a smoky greyish lilac! metallic rose gold!) more colours Milani, please, PRETTY, PRETTY PLEASE!!!
With sprinkles on top!
:-)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is creamy, smooth, and intensely pigmented. However it's not really ideal for me because I only use pencil eyeliner to tightline my upper lid. I like to keep the waterline clean (or line it with white pencil) because I have small eyes, and eyeliner on the bottom part of my eye just closes them in and makes them look even smaller. This is so creamy that it transfers to my water line and sometimes even smudges below it. It's not raccoon eyes or anything, but it still bothers me. I don't plan on repurchasing but I do plan on using it up because I can just run a q-tip over my waterline to clean up any smudging. This would be great for smoky eyes though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by harmony888

$1.25 on sale at CVS! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by VanessaCD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this eyeliner (Color Brilliance Milani pencil in Black)! Texture goes on soft, smooth, and color turn out is one of the blackest liners I have. It is certainly not meant to have a clean finish (like liquid eyeliner) unless you go over it with a matte black eye shadow for lining (such as MAC Carbon eyeshadow), BUT works BEST for smudging (try it with a MAC 219 brush) for that perfect smokey eye look. I would definitely buy this again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by melissa85

this liner is the BIZNESS !!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by shannyn07

It goes on softly, but rather useless, I think. I use it sometimes, but it fades really easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by MissPrincess88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I REEEAALLLY wanted to like this product. I was so excited to find a simple, cheap black eyeliner that went on sooo smoothly! My excitement was short lived after wearing it for less than an hour and finding, to my horror, that I had halloweenish looking "black eyes". I tried it on more than one occasion, even modifying the way I wear it, pinching my bottom lashes to make sure there was no residue, and being careful to put my hands nowhere near my face. All in vain though. Every time I ended up with HUGE black rings around my eyes. My NYC and Wet n Wild liners are better than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by naomimyhomie

Smooth application with true colors. It would be perfect if it didn't smudge &fade. Oh well. It's so cheap, I hardly mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Pleep

I have two of these pencils -- Glamour Green and Mediterranean Blue. Both have excellent color pay off and are very creamy and smooth (I've had eyeliners crumble on me before). I like that they have a little cap on them to keep them clean and undamaged. The staying power is decent alone, but with a base it stays longer. Also if you put eyeshadow on top it stays all day without smudging.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kerish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just recently bought the : Golden Eye. Just to use in the corners of my eyes to open them up a bit.....I really enjoyed.It did the job ...it was cheap and the pigment is smooth ....