September 30, 2014 | 1773 users online

Toners - Murad - Clarifying Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by acalab2781

I love this stuff. I use it at night to clean my makeup off (only Avon mineral foundation and some blush) and then I use it in the morning after I wash my face with baby wash and my Clarisonic. The addition of this to my routine made my skin glow. I have super sensitive skin that's prone to breakouts and haven't experienced any unusual tingling or burning. This is actually my second bottle after using up every drop in my first bottle. Even though it's expensive, the results are worth it to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by cbk821

This product is really, really harsh. It burns! The first few times I used it, I held it in, because I kept telling myself 'no pain no gain'. However, after several days of trying this product, I Realized that it was not for me. I have combination oily/acne prone skin. And yes, this product is reminiscent of its sister product, the cleanser (in regards to the immediate, minty fresh tingling sensation). But for me, this toner didn't stop there --- it started to burn real bad, and my skin turned a bright red hue and then, little tiny bumps sprouted up all over my chin, forehead, and t-zone areas. My skin was super inflamed. I used this step 2 toner along with the step 1 cleanser and step 3 moisturizer, so maybe it was just too much product for my face to handle. Maybe it works well on people with stronger skin, but I will never use this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by dolceviiita

I bought this on a whim while at Sephora and thought it'd help to clarify my pores. However, I am very disappointed to say that this product is extremely harsh on my sensitive skin. It did nothing to help clarify my skin and actually felt that it was too drying. Perhaps this maybe what extremely oily girls need, but on my combination skin, I needed to mix water in order to get a more watered down version of this toner. Only then did this toner feel a tad bit better for my skin. With this said, I do not think I'll be repurchasing this product again as there are many toners/essences such as SKII that actually does its worth.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by stacic

I love the clarifying cleanser but I only like the clarifying toner from Murad. It makes my skin feel refreshed and tingly when I use it, but not any more than a drug store brand would. It's not really anything special.
I really dislike the top and wish it had a smaller hole to dispense the toner because I usually end up putting waaay more than I need on the cotton pad.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by nicholee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a freebie after purchasing the Essential C Toner and the T-zone gel from Murad.

I have oily skin and large pores on my nose and thought I would try it as I got it free and see how it goes. Initially after using a cotton pad to just clean the nose area, it does feel like it stripped all the clogged pores and made it cleaner. However, if I use it to wipe my cheeks area, it caused my skin to hurt abit and later became flaky. It was way too harsh even for my oily skin which usually is not sensitive to products. Also it causes my skin to become more oiler after using it, which is a no no for me. Also I find the alcohol smell too strong for my liking.

Lastly, the bottle top should have a smaller mouth or opening so not all the liquid comes out at once, which is such wastage. I have to dip the cotton pad into the opening instead of pouring it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This toner will absolutely strip every last bit of oil, makeup, dirt, etc off your skin but for me it is waaay too harsh, and I have very oily skin. I wouldn't want to use this even once in a while, it causes my skin to be very oily afterwards since it increases oil production on the overly cleaned skin. And I always use a moisturizer. No control top to the bottle. And truly it does smell strong like alcohol, doesn't bother me but some will find it harsh.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

This toner is too harsh. It contains alcohol and even if you have oily skin with breakouts, it probably isn't a good idea to use this product. I'd rather use tea tree oil mixed in with a gentler toner like Shiseido Pureness balancing softener than use the Murad. It smells like pure alcohol and the bottle top has nothing to make the product flow out in an even or more controlled way. It's just a big top of the bottle and the bottle cap has almost twice as much material at the top AS IF there is some sort of stopper. Instead, the big opening pours out a huge amount. I don't use gigantic cotton pads and I'm sure I wasted half the product because I couldn't cover up the bottle opening with the small cotton ball. Ugh, then that alcohol-smelling stuff would get all over my hand and my sink. I would never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by californiadaisy

Got this toner because I've had much success with their other acne products I got in the trial set but I regret ever buying this! First off, the packaging is terrible.. You're most likely to pour out too much product out of the bottle. The smell has a really strong rubbing-alcohol smell... Right when I applied it onto my skin with a cotton ball it felt EXACTLY like the Clinique toner I used to use years back. It's like a burning sensation- ouch! I didn't think too much of it and gave the product the benefit of the doubt and would give it a week's shot.. However, I only used it for three days because I couldn't take the burning anymore and it broke me out/dried my skin to the point where it HURT (and I have REALLY oily skin!).

Definitely don't recommend it to anyone with sensitive/acne-prone/dry skin.. Like I said I wanted to love it, but nope! Returning it for sure! Plus, it's a bit pricey for a product I can find in Drugstores.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by mianga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

The read dud of the Acne Rapid Response set. A witch hazel based toner that lists a bunch of fruit extracts in the ingredients. This stuff smells like tree bark vodka, and is really not what you want to smell when you are hungover. Didn't sting much but distinctly astringent. Not particularly gentle (most drying non-alcohol toner I have used, I think), so OK if you lean more toward that flyover bombing type approach to your face. I wouldn't even use this if I'd gotten it for free. Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel toner is much friendlier than this, if witch hazel appeals to you. Cheaper, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Makeupluffer4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this toner. It actually made my acne worse. I used more than half of the bottle for over a month just to see if it would work for me. It leaves a nice cool feeling afterwards.. but it isn't strong enough for my skin. It didn't even control oil like it said it would. This would be good for someone with normal to oily skin who barely got any breakouts.