October 21, 2014 | 1194 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Folie

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Dramos620

Folie is a great wonderful blend able color, great for brown eyes.. Luv using it in the outer v with rule on the crease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Others have done a splendid job of describing FOLIE. However, I find it to be much more than the sum of it's descriptions. It is indeed a red-based brown, but it looks prettier against my eyes than it swipes on the hand. It just works for me. It also does a nice job of making purples and pinks look much nicer (less sickly) than they would have otherwise. This is just a basic color, but it is turns into something more special with my particular coloring (pale skin, deep brown eyes, lotsa cool undertones).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Folie is a matte brown eyeshadow with an obvious red base. it's a Satin finish which means that it's not completely matte, but has a hint of a little something else to it too.
i bought Folie because i have a love for warm eyeshadows and this seemed to perfectly fit the bill as a gorgeous red milk chocolate brown. i love to wear this very often especially with pinks, golds and other browns to add some warmth and definition in the crease and lower lashline. it's a really gorgeous brown to own but there are a few things to keep in mind before purchasing this.
a previous reviewer hit the nail on the head when they mentioned that this is only worth the purchase, if you already have a decent selection of browns. Folie is beautiful but its warmth and limited colour payoff don't make it a must-have if you're building a starter kit. the colour payoff isn't bad, but isn't stunning. it's exactly the same payoff as 'Swiss Chocolate', if you own or have ever tried that. so it's basically average to good pigmentation. if you want crazy colour payoff and a more basic and universal dark/matte brown, then 'Brown Down' is the one to go for. this is more like one to add to your collection if you have a love for warm browns.
this colour gets a lot of use from me and although i don't think it is a must-have, i still think it's beautiful, unique and one to try if you're curious!
i would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just don't know if I like Folie or not. It's a brownish-burgundy satin formula but it looks really matte one me. I love matte and satin MAC shadows, but this one is really sheer and hard to blend IMO. It is quite pretty and brings out the green in my hazel eyes, but it must be done correctly by applying in multiple light layers and building it up. It's one of the shadows I don't reach for if I'm lazy or hurrying, since I really have to take my time with it to look good. Otherwise it looks sloppy and muddy really quick.
I'll try it as a base contour shadow instead of a "main color" and I'll keep using it on occassion, but I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Bountiful23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh my gosh, my favorite crease color! (besides sketch that is). It is a really pretty red brownish color that can be worn everyday. I can't describe how pretty it looks in the crease paired with mulch or tempting on the lid. I am an NW45 for reference.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by biddi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've recently been dying my hair with a lot of red so I've bought this to use in my brows, works a treat doesn't smudge and holds all day (I also use Australis clear brow set). I've never used this on my actual eyes so can't comment but it's very red toned and would look great with blue or green eyes (but way to matchy matchy with my brows and hair colour at present to wear on my eyes) blooming spendy here in Australia as is everything but the product works so can't complain to much, I'd buy again if I had to.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great crease color. An SA recommended this to me and it's been great. On days when I want a bit more color or pop to my eyes and my browns and grays are not doing it for me this works. It is in my most commonly used MAC quad along with Cork, Smut and Orb eyeshadow. Those four are my every day colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This reddish plum brown is a great shadow that I like using as it accentuates my green eyes. I find this to not be overly pigmented, but buildable and does blend well. I usually use this shadow in the crease with either Embark or Handwritten to deepen the outer V.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was going to return this eyeshadow but then I realized if I use it on top of exotic creme shadow trio ( medium shade) I can create a light beautiful purplish neutral eye. It looks really good once you know how to combine it. I love that it's matte and it's buildable.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not a huge fan of Folie. It was one of the first shadows I bought from Mac and I just don't find myself reaching for it that often. It takes a LOT of work to get any pigmentation (at least on me) but once I do it is a really pretty reddish-brown.