December 17, 2014 | 1474 users online

Powder - MAC - Pro Pastel Studio Fix - Shivering White

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Applied lightly with a brush as a finishing powder for a natural look on my very fair skin, or used with a sponge for stark white theatrical makeup, this is a great product. It can get somewhat cakey if applied too heavily when trying to achieve a natural look, so I need to have a very light hand, especially because this stuff is WHITE and pigmented. I've had this for years and it lasts and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder so far. My friend went to the MAC Pro store in Tennessee and picked some of this and the full coverage White foundation for me, since nothing else matches. I'm still trying to work out the mechanics of wearing this for every day...it matches very well and is stark white, but I've had some skin issues and this seems to highlight all of them! I'm going to continue trying different tricks of making this work.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by CaligoBastet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is very pale, but I wanted even paler skin.
I've searched for a decent product to do that for ages, when finally I came across someone talking about this in Youtube.

So my friend bought it, and of course I followed after trying it out, because this stuff is AMAZING.

I apply my Clarins Everlasting Foundation, followed by this, and it makes my skin look absolutely flawless, and my friends noticed the positive change as well.

The great thing is it doesn't make my face look cakey with the Everlasting Foundation (which itself looks great and not cakey) and it makes my skin look perfect and pale as a ghost, and it also sets the makeup a bit, but just enough to make it stay all day long and not move one bit (and I have very oily skin),

I usually use my Mist & Fix by MUFE over this, to make it look just a bit less floury, and it also helps set it.

Not only does it do such good of a job in the makeup area, but it also does an amazing job for highlighting and even covering some makeup mistakes.

In conclusion this makes my skin look flawless and is also an awesome highlighter.

Do apply it with a brush though, since applying this with a sponge makes a big area white, and it is almost unblendable.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by girlinabox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. I have been searching high and low for a pure white powder for ageeees and then I came across this! This comes with a sponge, but it seems to go on really cakey and heavy when using this so I use a big powder brush to apply and dust lightly all over my foundation, which leaves, as someone else mentioned, your skin looking very glowy and porcelain doll-like. As a bit of a goth at heart this suits me down to the ground. Staying power isn't the best but then it isn't a setting powder so didn't expect it to be. All in all, as soon as I run out of this stuff I'm getting me another!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually only use this as an eye shadow and occasional highlight (I am extremely pale, so just a touch of this works). I couldn't ever find a white eye shadow that was stark white, so I really only use it for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by conogirl

Reviewing this as a foundation and yes, wonderful coverage and it does not turn orange like their beige foundations tend to. For reference, I use this on top of Burt's Bees Day Radiance Cream and the Studio Fix contains what is the oil slick by 12:00pm. Highly recommend if you're glow in the dark pale and have been unable to find a shade light enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by MilesDevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect highlighter if used with a light hand. Great for photography and theater. I use this every day. Very doll-like effect.

My favorite MAC product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2003 1:37:00 AM More reviews by brianx

MAC Pro's Pastel Studio Fix line is the same Studio Fix we all know (and love?) but presented in wild colours. Shivering White is, obviously, white. Stark white. Milk white. Whatever you want to call it, it's white. It is perfect for special effect makeups, Halloween, or an everyday sort of thing for all you goth kiddos out there. _\m/ <3

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No