July 25, 2014 | 2005 users online

Lipstick - Milani - Lipstick (all shades)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the shades Pretty Natural(43) and Best Red(07). The first thing you notice about these lipsticks is the packaging is very pretty. My only complaint is that the perforated seal tears very easily along the cap line, which makes them pretty easy for people to tamper with in the stores. For something I'm going to be putting on my mouth, I want it to be securely sealed. The tube is sturdy and a beautiful mirror gold. Very luxe looking and similar in shape/design to the L'Oreal Colour Riche lipsticks.

The second thing you may notice is the cloyingly sweet, Jolly Rancher'esque watermelon scent. Some hate this, I don't mind it. It goes away after you apply it. I'd rather taste/smell watermelon than the horrible Calgon meets bouquet of roses scent/taste of Maybelline Color Elixirs, but I digress. If you can get past the artificial candy watermelon smell, you'll be impressed with these two colors.

Pretty Natural is a creamy mauve shade. It wears well with many makeup looks. Best Red is a very true, blueish undertone red, which I like since many reds have a more coral undertone to them. Pretty Natural, on me, has more staying power than Best Red. I've drank water and coffee and eaten and had Pretty Natural last a few hours. Best Red? Not so much. The one redeeming quality is that Milani's red lipstick doesn't seem to feather around the edges of the lips the way some other brand's do.

These feel very comfortable on the lips. Not too sticky, heavy, or waxy; however, like most drugstore brand lipsticks, these tend to be a little drying, so expect some flakly lipstick patches if you don't reapply lip gloss or some sort of balm over it every so often.

All in all it's a great drugstore brand lipstick with a huge range of colors. And they're less expensive than the L'Oreal Colour Riche.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by chsmith

I cannot believe that I have been sleeping on these lipsticks. Where have they been my whole life?! Milani is a bit more difficult to find here in Ottawa, ON, CA and I came across it at my lawblaws (not where I usually look for makeup). As soon as I saw it I started testing all the colours. Each one is so pigmented and beautiful. They were only $6.99 and I was going to head to Mac to buy a new lipstick this week so I treated myself to two Milani lipsticks, which is still cheaper than one Mac (Mac lipstick is worth the price tag). I bought Sweet Nectar, which is a bright orange but goes so well with my freckles and Flamingo Pose, Flamingo describes the colour perfectly. I was so impressed with the formula. My lips are very sensitive so I find it hard to find a formula that works with my lips but these lipsticks melt right into your lips. The packaging is another win for me. I love anything gold and I feel so posh putting this on. I am always excited to put my lipstick on in the morning and I was too impatient and realized after I put it on that I had forgotten to brush my teeth. Well most of the lipstick was still on after and only required a touchup. They stay in place. I cannot wait to buy more. I have a list of the ones I need. I think Plumrose and Uptown Mauve are next.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased the Nude & the Sangria & I don't like either. I don't care for the jolly rancher watermelon smell that never goes away (I'm scent sensitive) & I don't like the pulling feel of these as they go on. Full of color, but the Sangria goes on patchy. They are not moisturizing & are on the dryer side especially the Sangria. Overall, I don't like them & wont be buying more. The Nude is a true nude no pink or peach to it & it didn't make me look dead, lol and the Sangria is a Pink/purple which is very pretty, but also very dramatic. They both lasted a long time on my lips which is also how I know that the watermelon scent never ends. :) These are presently in a bag of things for a friend to try & see if she likes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ImUrAddiction

Great lipstick for the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ythe

One drink of coffee and the lipstick is gone. Doesn't stay on. Pretty shades but
not long wearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I picked up pretty natural (43) and I can't believe I've been sleeping on this line. The lipstick is awesome!!! Everything from the watermelon scent to the super pigmentation and wear time rocks. Even the packaging is on point. I definitely plan on collecting the rest of the shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will buy these over and over till the end of time. I love the scent. I love the color selection. I love the quality of the formula... I could go on. One of the best if not the absolute best drugstore lipsticks ever created.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I bought Milani Lipstick in Best Red #07 because I wanted a nice RED color . The color is great . I hardly use it . I would like to buy a lipstick brush just so I can apply better to my lips but only my top lips not my bottom lips lol . overall this is a great color

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Milani's 'Sangria' lipstick is my go-to winter colour. It is absolutely beautiful with great staying power. I have worn this on countless nights out. I always get compliments on what a lovely shade it is. It is the perfect dark shade for the winter. Not too dark, yet still daring. The down side to these lipsticks in the scent. They have a tacky, grandma's-lipstick smell. Not nice at all, but it does go away after awhile. Overall, a very nice drugstore product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I cannot believe how fantastic these lipsticks are. My favorite summer lipstick purchase! The shades are great and the formula is moisturizing but not greasy making your lips look juicy and delicious. The staying power is ridiculous! ( in the good sense of the word) There are mattes, sheeny pearl finishes, and frosts so, you cannot go wrong. Ok, now onto the shades, my favorite part. If you have been searching for the perfect coral/with red brown without luck, check this line out. You are covered. Bronzed berries, covered. Matte nudes, yup they got all them too! They smell on the sweet side. I picked up two colors, naturally chic and cherry cocoa. I am tickled with the formula, the case everything. Check these babies out.