December 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Eye Shadow - Milani - Rich Chocolate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shame this shade has been discontinued, seemingly for quite some time now.
My mother in law gave me this shade last week (sealed - she had it for a while and never even opened it), and at first, I was skeptical because I'd read in some places that the older Milani shadows left a lot to be desired.
Not this. At least not for me.
First off, this product is a multitasker if you're dark-haired like me. I can use this to fill in my brows and not only is it pigmented enough to do the job without needing to go over it several times, it also stays put and is the perfect match without pulling red or orange like some brown brow colors can. It's fantastic when applied with an EcoTools angled liner brush and then topped with a tinted brow gel. I'm able to create very defined, full brows with this shadow, and since I only have to use the tiniest amount, I don't experience much fallout. I sort of prefer using this on my brows, actually.
It's also a great contour shade for your lids when doing a smokey brown look. It's so pigmented and buildable that you can really create a lot of definition. It's also highly blendable, and when used with primer, seems to last all day. I do experience a tiny bit of fallout when using it on my lids, but as long as I wait until after my eyes are done to use my concealer/powder, it's easy to brush the fallout away.
Unfortunately, since this has been discontinued for some time, I cannot comment on the price. I'm sure it was quite low - it is Milani, after all.
The packaging is the only drawback. It is sort of wretched. In order to open it, you have to dig into the little notch with your nail and pry the lid up, which either results in broken nails or a broken lid. That's pretty Brand X. Hopefully they've addressed this with the new powder shadows, which I've not yet tried. I may try to depot it and put it in my little E.L.F. quad.
Overall, a great brow/eyeshadow. Hopefully I won't run out anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been looking everywhere for a cheap, dark, matte brown eyeshadow and this is exactly that. My only complaint is that it's hard to open.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's too bad these aren't widely available. The color is a dark bark brown. The finish is matte and the texure is smooth. It applied and blended easilty. The only complaint I have is that the packaging is tricky to open and they crack easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This is a great chocolate brown to have in your collection. It's very pigmented and has a powdery texture. I did have some fallout due to the silky texture. It's great when you want a semi-matte shadow. Rich Chocolate is a good dupe for MAC's Coquette eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by msjay97

I love this product smooth and true to color with or without a base. I love this color for my lid and contor of my eyes. great price and i would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Ahhh, I'm so sad this has been discontinued! I won't leave the house without wearing this because it's what I use to fill in my brows. It's the perfect color and it's matte. Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever used it on my eyes lol. But it's great for the brows and I'll absolutely be repurchasing (if I can find it) because it's my HG brow filler.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Monica368

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down the best dark brown shadow Ive used. I am now saying goodbye to my MAC espresso shadow because I have found this lovely replacement for about a fourth of the price. Also fits perfectly in my MAC palette. Hurray for Milani!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by furchttrommel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent eyeshadow! I love matte eyeshadows and this one is definitely matte. It's a very pretty chocolate shade, just as the name says. It has great color payoff and staying power, as well. I only wish I would have gotten other shades before I moved, I can't buy them anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetpooji

Pro:
- matte (i prefer matte eyeshadows)
- looks good even without an eyeshadow base
- very pigmented
- perfect brown for many different looks
- decent amount for the price
- decent lasting power (when used with eyeshadow base)
- you can depot it
- easy to blend
- doesn't cause fall out
Con:
- packaging: sometimes when i click the box close...it clicks so hard
which causes the eyeshadow to break
- packaging: sometimes it's very difficult to open that when it doesn
open eventually my nail scratches a bit of the eyeshadow out

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by sray61

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I found this d/ced product in a random Florida Kmart. I use it wet as an eyeliner, or dry in my crease for a sultry but not too flashy look. Love it!