November 28, 2014 | 1679 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Essential Nutrients Day Lotion SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by eunicet182a

I bought this lotion on the whim, and I definitely regret it. The tiny bottle's been sitting around for a year now and it's still not even half finished. The lotion leaves my combination skin feeling oil and SHINY, my god, it makes my face look like a disco ball. When I apply it to my skin, it feels like it's stinging. I think it's more of a sunscreen than a moisturiser

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Rissy23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this moisturiser. Much better than the organic one i was using. Really light and leaves my face feeling incredibly soft and supple. I use morning and night with my dove cleanser and toner. It actually seems to reduce the redness of the occasional pimples on my face and with SPF I know i am protected. Will definantly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by sjcblove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely hated this product!
It was really cheap and I found the packaging easy to work with.
The first two times I used it it was really good, made my skin feel so soft and nice but after a week, it made my already semi-oily looking skin look so oily it was disgusting! I ended up using it as a night cream because it seemed really thick and the look of my skin afterwards wasn't very nice and I'd only wake up and wash my face. But after the first use then I started breaking out terribly!
I really would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

im not loving this product. I bought it because it was cheap. I dont know why, i mean i ALWAYS use oil of olay and i never have trouble with that.

First time round it went on ok, then a few times into using it, i noticed it would sting my skin a bit. My skin has been breaking out a bit and im sure its due to this product.

It is cheap though, so you cant complain and i dont like the packaging. Its very light and non greasy, though i could be a tad more moisturizing. but in saying all this, i wont be using this product again. On monday im buying oil of olay.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by melissa028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i used this once and it broke me out MASSIVELY! i had run out of my daily moisteriser (natio young) and so i used this one as it is what my cousin uses. she has lovely skin mind you! but this just didn't agree with my skin for some reason. im glad it works for some people :) but it just wasn't for me

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by mahaba27

I would not recommend this lotion to people with oily skin because it isn't as light as I would like and it leaves a greasy sheen on my skin, even after I've just cleansed my face. This lotion reminds me of straight up facial sunscreen both in its scent and the way that it feels. Its UV protection is great and it adheres well to the skin so I use it whenever I am out in the sun for a long time or when I go for a swim because it doesn't seem to wash away easily. However, I wouldn't use this for a daily moisturizer, especially if I were going to wear make-up on top of it. I prefer Aveeno's Positively Radiant version much better. I haven't tried Olay yet, but I'm sure it is too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by noneofthese595

I bought this product just when winter started hoping it would bode well with my foundation and help my skin not dry out. I was very pleased, every since I've been using this moisturizer, I almost had 0 patches of dry skin (we all know we need to take breaks from our foundations and let our skin breathe) I don't know why people say that you can't use it around your eyes cause I do, even if it's dangerous and i dont feel any stinging or anything. Will buy this product again. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by DeeDee1957

Well, I am not a fan of Dove's smell, but in New Zealand this was rated the best low price range moisturiser by our Consumer Institute here who do testing on products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MissRLA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturiser! Its really moisturising and has a really nice pleasant scent. Works great under foundation. Probably wouldn't recommend this moisturiser for oily skin types because it might be a bit too heavy. Works great with my dry-normal skin though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in an attempt to transition from high end skincare to cheaper stuff. I am actually really pleased with the performance of this moisturiser, it's actually very similar to Estee Lauder daywear with spf 15. It is a pleasantly fragranced, light lotion with a chemical sunscreen. It smooths onto my skin nicely and feels very light. Sometimes when I want more coverage I layer Dove essential nutrients tinted moisturiser over the top and the two work very well together. I took one lippie off because it could be slightly more moistursing, but that is personal preference. I would also prefer a pump to a squeezy bottle (personal preference again), but I can't complain as the packaging is perfect for keeping the antioxidants away from light and air. Avoid this around the eyes, especially if you are sensitive, as it can sting a little because of the sunscreen. Highly recommended, will repurchase.