Ben Nye Lumiere Luxe Powder

4.5

on 11/23/2012 1:26:00 PM

I wanted a bold metallic effect for a character and the luxe powder gives me exactly what I wanted. Mix this with Ben Nye's LiquiSet and you get a flawless, paint on metallic effect.

Even as a powder for the lighter effect, having used Bronze and Silver previously, it's still a perfect metallic glow. Ben Nye products have never disappointed. I really look forward to trying the copper shade I bought yesterday.

The only reason for the lower rating on the packaging is it can be difficult to take the stopper off for when I am mixing rather than a powder.

on 5/5/2011 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

These are a mixed bag, with pros and cons. The metallics -Bronze, Iced Gold, Silver, and Gold, are micro-sparkles. This is fine if it's what you are looking for. They are nicely packaged and it's a great value for the money, as there is a good amount of product. However, these are essentially glitters with extra fine particles; they can't really be blended to create new shades. Not disco ball particles, but definitely think parties and ice dancing. The Silver seems a little finer than the other metallics. The other colors are what one would expect if you are familiar with the pressed Lumiere Grande shadows. Nicely pigmented with a wonderful shimmery sheen. Bright, yes, but blendable and buildable and can be used for daytime wear. I love the violet; it's obviously leaning to the pink but doesn't read as a red. If you love purples, it's a lovely color. The Golden Apricot is a deep golden peach with pinky tones, a bit like Nars Orgasm for the eye. The deep purple is pretty much a dupe of MAC's old Grape pigment, a deep muddy purple with subtle shimmer. I would probably head for Fyrrinae rather than Ben Nye if you are searching for nicer pigments. They may have smaller containers, but they have a much better selection.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been using Ben Nye products for years now and i have to say these are by far the most pigmented e/s i have ever used! The price ranges from 9 to 13 dollars which is very cheap because you get a lot in the pot and a little goes a long way! I rather use these than MAC pigges.

on 8/5/2009 7:15:00 PM

I absolutely love these I own atleast 5. The price is amazing I buy them for 8 dollars from my local stage shop which is soo much cheaper then MAC and you get a ton more product. They are really comparable to MAC. Sure the packaging isnt amazing but the filter is easily taken on for access just like MAC.

Over time I have bought every color lumiere luxe loose powders and cannot say enough good things about them. They stick well to your eyelids and are very blendable. There is some shimmer, but it is not sparkly. They are very highly pigmented so if you like pastel eyeshadows, these are not for you. The colors come in very basic primary and secondary colors as well as a few tertiary and metallic colors. You get quite a bit of product for the price and it comes in a screwtop jar. I will love these colors for their true to life basic rainbow colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I LOVE all the Lumiere products!! I really love these pigment powders though! You get SO much for the price! And the color payoff is fabulous!! They blend nicely and last all day/night. I wish they would come out with more colors.

on 7/14/2007 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Is this the same product I recieved from wyb?! Anyway, the product I recieved is called "Lumiere Ben Nye Luxe Powder in Iced Gold (LX-2) ."

(Click on the "Continued" link on the bottom of this review to see the picture of the product I bought).

First of all, I have to say I am greatly disappointed. I bought this product thinking it would be everything makeup artist Diane Kendal claimed it was in Allure's July issue where she describes the product as a "colorless powder...fine and light. Dusted across the lids or cheekbones, it makes the skin look as if it's glowing from within. " I thought, "perfect! Exactly what I need for a fresh glowy daytime look". I was wrong.

When I opened up the product today I was glad to see that it was indeed colorless, however the second I brushed it on my skin it was anything BUT "light" and "colorless".Although it had a pretty gold shimmery color to it --it was wayyy too glittery, and very difficult to get off! This perhaps would be the perfect product for a night out, but this is wayyyy to obvious to be lightly dusted "across the lids or cheekbones," and I'm afraid it wouldn't do to use this product as a highlighter. I'm thinking of selling this online or something (seeing that wyb does not accept refunds or exchanges).

All I wanted was a beautiful highlighter that would make my face look descreet on my face giving it a glowy and fresh-look- not a "I'm ready to go disco dancing" "party girl" look. :-(

O well. The search continues, for me.

Ingredients:
Talc, CI NO. 77019 (MICA), Octyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.
May Contain: Ci No. 77489, 77491, 77499, 77891, 16035, 42090, 15850, 19140, 77004 (Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red 40 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Red 40 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 7 Calcium Lake, FD&CYellow 5, Bentonite), Parfum Free. continued >>

on 3/7/2007 5:08:00 PM

My review of Ben Nye Lumiere Luxe Powder: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are amazingly beautiful, shimmery-not-glittery, high-color-impact powders that round out my MAC pigment sample collection perfectly (and beat MAC in the fun-color category, easily). I can't say enough good things about 'em and I couldn't pick a favorite, so snap them up if you get the opportunity! I have samples - and look how pretty they are:

continued >>

on 7/25/2004 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes, yes, yes! I would definitely buy more of these! Pure fun and gorgeous clear vibrant colour powders. If you think your MAC Pigment collection is missing a few colours, take a look at these for new inspiration.
Depending on your prefered use, you can get these exact same colours in pressed e/s form.
I have Golden Apricot, Cosmic Violet, Bronze and Iced Gold... and I'd love to get Peacock, Amethyst and Persimmon next.

Lumiere Luxe Powder! Wow! It is lots of fun and totally versatile! I tried mixing it with Liquiset and got a vibrant body paint. Dusting it on gave my skin and wonderful glow. It goes a long way, highly recommended.

Recommended for Normal Skin