July 29, 2014 | 1230 users online

Conditioner - John Frieda - Blonde Hair Repair

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Afiach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

You can buy this treatment in a small sachet to try, or fully commit to a tub. It's not expensive and widely available (in the UK at least)

For what you pay, it's a lovely treatment. I squeeze out excess water and leave on for 20mins. In return I get soft, shiny and manageable hair. I like the fact that it keeps my blonde colour bright. In the long run it's kept my hair in good condition.

I'll continue to buy the small sachets (2 uses for me) as a quick solution when I know there's nothing in my bathroom and can't wait for my online order of expensive salon stuff to arrive or when the purse strings are a bit tight (which happens often)

rated 0 of 5 on 4/9/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by palomino_jones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is absolute crap. It does nothing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by starlight256

this a fantastic deep conditioning treatment. it leaves my hair ultra-soft and full. and you only need to use a tiny bit, so it's a very economical purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by somuchwoman

I have baby fine, very light blonde (think one shade golder than absolute platinum) hair which I wear to my shoulders. Living in the midwest for many years, the humidity in the air kept my hair from ever being dry. But when I moved to Denver, with the altitude and very low humidity, I had to find something fast as my hair was getting as rough and dry as straw. I picked up some of this on a whim at the drugstore and was floored by the good results I got. Most deep conditioners (even super expensive ones) leave my hair gummy and greasy looking, if they do the job at all. This stuff made my hair come out just right - shiny, bouncy, manageable, even in the the arid Colorado climate. It's quite cheap so I can use it twice a week. The package is a little awkward to negotiate in the shower, but that's the only drawback I can think of. I get tons of compliments about how healthy my hair looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 4:22:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

This product gave me similar results as the John Frieda Color Glaze (soft, shiny, healtier looking) but I liked this more because it was cheaper, lasted longer, and is nice and thick. It's a bit hard to wash out but it left my hair very well conditioned. Even though I'm back to being a brunette, I still use this on my hair once a week as a deep conditioner and I get equally great results. I just wish it was scented.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by punkfiend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As with the shampoo the reviews on this one are rather harsh :/ what do you girls expect from something so cheap?

I actually used this today for the first time today leaving it on for 20 mins and putting some PM super skinny serum on the ends of my hair and left it to dry naturally for a few hours and finished off with a quick blast with the hairdryer and yay shiny full hair!

I think its a great bargain and one of my new staple items. Dont get me wrong it wont replace oleo-relax or k-pak but its pretty good :P

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by jazavac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I agree with what Coccolina wrote. It did apsolutely nothing for my hair. It's like I didn't went to enough trouble of putting it on and waited 20 minutes for nothing but it also left my hair dry and colorless! Blah!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Coccolina

I purchased the Blonde Hair Repair after reading all the raves about this product. I had bad experience with John Frieda's shampoos and conditioners in the past, and I can't believe I went for it again. What a disappointment! It left my hair super dry and freezy. I literally hate this stuff.
Next time I'll just add a couple of bucks and buy Redkens or Loreal's Nature Therapy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2006 1:43:00 PM More reviews by pinkgoats

First I will say that I do not have blonde hair. In fact, I have very dark hair. I decided to try this anyways and I actually really really like it. It has a kind of Blistex medicated smell to it, but it doesn't bother me at all. The texture is creamy and somewhat thick. It soaks right into my hair and makes it feel soft, silky, and detangled. I don't know how much it actually helps to "repair" the hair, but I like it anyways. Would repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2006 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Michellebft

I bought this before a beach vacation to soothe my sometimes frizzy always fine, easily tangled and very dry hair. I've used it three or four times now, and have loved the results. I"m reading here about people leaving it on for upwards of 30 minutes, which is something I'll have to try. The tub is less than awesome, but this is another great conditioner from the Sheer Blonde line. Definately repurchase.

Update, Feb. 11, 2006: After having used about half a tub on a fairly regular basis, I'm bumping this down to three lippies rather than five. It's not a horrible product, but I was hoping for actual repair to my very very dry hair, rather than just lubrication and detangling. Yes, the detangling factor is great and for that reason I will repurchase, but this is by absolutely no measure "repairing" my hair. My stylist has recommended a protein mask instead. continued >>