November 26, 2014 | 934 users online

Toners - Guinot - Refreshing Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by humps

Feels very much like Phytomer's rose toner but skin feels much softer after using Guinot's. Takes a min or so to absorb totally. Quite nice as it hydrates without stickiness. I am a sucker for rosť toners because it is soothing and always pleasant to use and most importantly, the therapetic rosť smell. The Guinot rose smell is inferior compare to my HG Duchess Marden rose toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by jacklyngrant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best toner I've ever used! Smells lovely and is good with my sensitive skin. A must buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this toner! It's the first toner I've used that actually does something! Or well that feels like it's doing something. It has urea in it so that explains why it's quite moisturizing and that is excellent for me. Also a huge plus is that my skin seems to like it and hasn't broke out or gotten angry at me. My odd troubled skin tends to overreact at anything and everything.
The scent is divine though perhaps not everyones cup of tea. It does have a rosy scent with something else that I can't put my finger on. I love it.
The packaging is good but not perfect. The flip cap isn't attached too securely and mine broke on the first use which makes it a tad bit hard to maneuver. But I do like it that you have to squeeze a bit to get it out, so it doesn't just flow out uncontrollably.
This I will definitely buy again and again, HG status for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by celticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this toner for winter, when my combination skin starts to feel dry. In summer, when my skin becomes oily, I use some more active toners, like EL Perfectly Clean Fresh Balancing Lotion. I also loved the idea of rose extract in my toner, because I simply adore rosewater and it's healing properties.
Refreshing Toner is great. It cleans my skin very well, like any good toner should do. It also makes it less dry after washing - such a nice dewy feeling! My skin gets tighter, more supple and very, very clean. Not to mention the divine smell of roses...
It costs around $25-30 on the net. By the way, they changed the bottle - it looks much better now and is very handy for everyday use and travelling.
I will buy it again, for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by JCM123

I used Guinot for years and years, and only stopped as was developing some acne (hormonal and not from product use). And although I am not currently using this stuff, it does smell absolutely divine and I would quite happily revert back to using this toner! Leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft. It may not be suited to anyone with severe acne who may perhaps need something a bit stronger but I did find that if I did get a spot I would clean the area extra thoroughly with this stuff before applying my Clindamycin phosphate 1% gel (recommended by derm) and it would help clear it up in no time!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Brigitta123

Love this toner.I use it after Refreshing Cleaning Milk and they work well together. It has a lovely scent, makes my skin very soft, supple, stops it from drying out and calms my skin as well.My skin surface used to be dry until I started using those two products.Have got nothing bad to say, the only negative thing is price,but it's actually worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by mrspeel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was told off very severely by my facialist when I admitted that I didn't tone my skin, which made me very sheepish. She therefore didn't have to try very hard to talk me into buying this toner. I don't know how it compares to other toners (as I haven't used one for over 10 years), but I was experiencing very dry skin over winter which stopped once I started using this toner before moisturising.

It has a very pleasant rosewater smell and it's easy not to dispense too much. I'll buy it again unless I find something else which comes more highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2004 11:51:00 PM More reviews by preleste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this toner. I have good skin so it's hard for me to be a good judge on what a product is suppose to deliver. It keeps my skin moisturized and smells great. Love the flip lid bottle as don't have to worry about it exploding in my bag while traveling. All Guinot products are great and highly recommended by spa people.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2003 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Cordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this along with the Refreshing Cleansing Milk. The bottle has a flip-top lid, with an extra pressure seal under it, so you have to squeeze the bottle to dispense the product, and it squirts out quite quickly. Once you get used to it, it's easier to judge your aim, plus how much you need :) Like the cleanser, the toner has a fairly strong rose-scent. It feels nice and refreshing, but I prefer Kiehl's French Rosewater. The toner only freshens, I haven't really noticed any toning effect from it.