October 25, 2014 | 1743 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Cream Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

There was left over resedue after I used this not good...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by karlamell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I live in the Pacific Northwest and today I found some of the discontinued version of this cleanser at Grocery Outlet. I bought four of them! This stuff is the best, it leaves my face super clean without over drying it. I love the creaminess of the lather. I use it with my clarisonic and am so happy with the results. I may go back and get some more, I haven't seen it for about a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by tropicalebabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product, it does the job well and using only a quarter-size amount and putting it under water lathers it up alot easier. I also like the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by dewdrop

This review is for the formula that still lurks out there on some shelves in stores such as Big Lots and Bed, Bath and Beyond, if you are lucky enough to still find it.
I really like this stuff - it has a nice texture, foams lightly, smells good, and cleans well without over-drying (I have combination skin that gets dehydrated).
I bought it on a whim at Big Lots and went back to get more after I realized it worked for me - and of course they were all cleaned out. Dove has since reformulated their cleansers and the new versions have some different ingredients and they are not as good! The newer versions make me itch and they don't rinse off well AND they include petrolatum and lauric acid which the old version did not. Boo, Dove.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by imperial_wicket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this stuff a while ago but have only recently started using it, and I guess now I remember why. It smells nice, a little overpowering maybe, but good if you like the signature Dove scent. I like the texture, very creamy, but it still manages to lather well. But those are really the only good things I can say about this cleanser. After washing my face, my cheeks were very soft, but my forehead and nose (not dry before washing) were dry and flaky. Even though it dried me out in some areas, my skin didn't exactly feel clean after washing. I can't say it broke me out, exactly, but I definitely have more of an issue with pimples now than before I started using this. It's not awful, I'll finish the rest of the package, but there's no way I'll be purchasing it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2006 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sillysassy

I bought this years ago, and only finished half of it. Recently I tried it again, and realised why I didn't finish it. It's just meh. I guess it does the job, doesn't break me out, smells ok. It just doesn't do anything for me. I probably wouldn't buy it again, as there are better cleansers around that I prefer much more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 4:22:00 PM More reviews by my3sons5

Edit 1/2008: Am using Olay Hydrate & Cleanse now since I cannot find this anymore...it is just as good, if not better!
Wow, I knew I liked this product, but didn't realize how much until I started using something else. I missed my Dove right away. First this product goes right on your face, you do not have to wet your face first. Second, I always rub this right over my eyes to remove mascara and make-up, never have had any irritation and it does the job. Third, this product leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and does not cause any bumps or break-outs. I'm running right out to my nearest Big Lots and stocking up while I still can....as for that "other" (expensive) facial cleanser I tried....bye, bye!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by KarmAttack

I like the Dove Self-Foaming cleanser and thought I'd give this one a try for a change. What a mistake. It dries out my skin, and it's hard to lather up. But mostly the dry skin it causes turns me off. It also smells a bit unpleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2005 4:39:00 AM More reviews by gemini36

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this my combo skin is slightly drier than normal and this works great, with no breakouts! Some of the reviewers said it did not foam, but mine does,don't know why that is.Did not buy the new one at the drugstore, I got the one with the old packaging at big lots, definately going back for more!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Add me to the list of raves about this cleanser. I have been getting increasingly dry as the weather gets harsher and I get(ahem)older. I needed something to replace the cleansers I was using, as they were more suited to my skin when it is combo.I've already been using the Dove day lotion with great results-I actually like it better(sometimes)than my Dr. Haushka.The cleanser removed all of my makeup and left my skin feeling smooth and supple.I love the Dove scent too.Best thing of all is like a previous poster said, less than 3.00 at Big Lot's. Can't beat that!