August 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is 4a, no chemical treatment of any type, healthy, dense, fine, and mid-length. I frequently blow dry or wear air dried in a wet bun/ponytail or wash and go style.

I look for a conditioner that is deeply hydrating, leaves hair detangled, and gives a very light bouncy finish when I blow dry. I felt like this did a great job of hydrating my hair, and definitely softened it, the detangling properties were decent. It goes in very thick and creamy, and as it absorbs in hair it seems to melt into my curly strands.

I clarified my hair to remove all buildup, shampooed with a regular shampoo, and applied this in the shower, left it on for 15 minutes without heat, then rinsed it out, blow dried, and flat ironed. I thought that my hair felt a bit weighed down, not as bouncy as I would like but a little stiff. It gives a finish very similar to most deep conditioners, which wasnt bad, but to me wasn't exceptional. Perhaps the outcome would be different if used with heat.

So far, the conditioner that leaves my hair silky is Kera PRO, and the Nexxus Emergencee Treatment with a follow up moisturizing conditioner. For reference my favorites are Matrix Biolage Conditioning Shampoo & Balm, Phytospecific Vital Force,

I will probably use the last of this, but not repurchase, just because there are other conditioners that work better for my fine curly hair. Perhaps this will be better in the winter when my hair is dryer. If performance changes, I will update.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on a search for a new shampoo & conditioner after Redken All Soft's formula was dramatically altered at the beginning of 2012 (they took out avocado oil and put in argan oil, and my hair does not do well with that new formula).

In the last month, I have tried quite a number of other brands' "moisturizing" shampoos/conditioners - with no luck. (My reviews of some of the other product lines that I've tried recently can be found in my MUA profile.)

My experience of L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Shampoo and the matching Conditioner/Treatment/Creme (which have different listings on MUA, but appear to be the very same thing):

The day of the first wash with the Nature's Therapy, my hair looked great - shiny, smoothed down, but not lank or dark -- it was on a par with how the All Soft made it look. It did not make my hair feel as soft as the All Soft had made it feel, though - it felt a little stiff. At bedtime, the top two inches of my hair appeared somewhat oily, but I do have oily hair and this happens sometimes. I was really hoping that this could be a workable replacement for the old All Soft products.

The next day, in the first few hours after the second wash, my hair seemed fine... it had some volume, it was again smooth and shiny. I became even more optimistic that I'd found a shampoo/conditioner that would work okay for me. However, at the end of that day, my hair looked and felt like it had been dipped in plastic - it was definitely coated. My scalp oil was on overdrive, with a huge oil slick at the top of my hair. There were multiple pimples forming on my scalp.

These products are WAY too coating for my hair -- which is no surprise, since they are designed for hair that needs extreme help.

The heavy moisturization offered by L'Oreal Nature's Therapy would be perfect for very damaged hair, coarse hair, etc.

I think they are good products that do what they claim to do. I would give them 4 out of 5 stars in general, but for me personally, I'll have to give it 1 star.

My hair does appear to need a certain kind of high-moisturization.

It's also very reactive to tiny differences in shampoos - slightly more oil than it likes makes it go lank, limp, dark, frizzy and static-y; slightly more protein than it likes makes the strands permanently curl up or get crazy permanent kinks in them - and then break off a few days later; slightly more silicones than it likes makes it feel stiff and rough, and look like it has been sprayed with clear glossy spraypaint.

I have a decent idea about silicones and proteins and oils, but I don't have a chemistry degree, so I'm not exactly sure what ingredients I need to be searching for!

If anyone here can explain to me specifically what chemical ingredients it sounds like my hair likes/dislikes, or if anyone knows of a currently-sold shampoo/conditioner that are similar to the discontinued old-formula Redken All Soft, please leave me a message here at MUA.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by kristiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hands down the most moisturizing conditioner i have ever tried and ive tried every one that you can think of. There is nothing that can beat it. It makes even my very damaged chemically processed hair feel so silky!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by vaniedm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely a must have in you hair regime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Really good deep conditioner for the price. Have used it for years and will continue to!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by tiffhua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST conditioner to get silky soft hair! I've used this conditioner for about ten years now. There's nothing that compares. I use it every time i shower and leave it in my hair for a few minutes before rinsing. It makes my hair super smooth and healthy even though I use a lot of heat tools in my hair. Simply the best product out there!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Way, way, way too heavy for my fine wavy locks. It just drowned them and pulled out all my curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by colette_l

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

About my hair: thick, black asian hair that suffers at the hands of a colourist. Yes, you got it: my hair is seriously dry and damaged. I've gone through a lot of different products and purchased this the other week due to all the positive reviews claiming this is akin to the Kerastase product. Admittedly, I've never tried Kerastase (though yes I've done the Pureology thing, the Bumble & Bumble Thing, etc) but I don't think I'll have any need to given how satisfied I am with this product. Whatever is in this stuff, it does wonders. I'm just now running my fingers through my hair and enjoying how smooth and hydrated it feels. Even though I travel a lot for work and enjoy some nice hotels and expensive products, I've started packing my own bottle of this stuff.

Bought it off Amazon and will definitely be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing conditioner. It softens my hair, makes it softer and easier to comb through. I leave it in my hair for a few minutes before rinsing and use it with the matching shampoo, which I also love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by lolipopcandie123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! its amazing! Before i got this Nothing made my frizz go away. Then i used this as a co wash and fell in love. My hair feels detangled immediatley after i apply it and after blow drying my hair is full and bouncy! Then i rinse it out and my hair feels like silk! After my hair dries it STILL feels like silk, and i dont think ive experienced that with any other product. I dont feel like i still need to condition and use a leavs in when i use this but i use (a protien based) one anyway. It gives really good slip. Suprisingly, it gives me really good volume. I straighten my hair so i never expect a lot of volume. I use this prettyyy much everytime i wash my hair. Probably like 2-4 times a week. The only thing i dont like is that its not an AMAZING product unless u blow dry it. It has brought my hair back to health sooo many times. I started using this after bleaching my hair 4 times. Then i died it BRIGHT red, then violet, brown twice, black like 4 times and then i tried bleaching it AGAIN. Ive done all this to my hair since September 2011. My hair has been through hell but this has brought it back to health everytime. Ill never, ever leave this, cuz theyll never ever make a product so amazing.