August 21, 2014 | 968 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Violet

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by maryel18

this is my favourite purple eyeshadow, it goes so well in my brown eyes. this will last forever, i bought mine 3 years ago and i wear this often and it barely seems used.
it can bee a little sheer, but you can built it to your preference. pair it with a dark blue eyeshadow and you will fall in love ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It sucks that they reduced the jar size before I started buying pigments :( still, I love this pigment, I use it wet on my lids for a vibrant glowy purple and it is gorgeous on my black brown eyes. Wear it with some thick black eyeliner and my eye makeup is done!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Violet is a mid-tone true purple with a little sheerness to it, to still preserve that glowiness that a previous reviewer mentioned. it's pearly and frosty with an iridescence to it, and it's a kind of ghostly colour, not in the sense that it's pale, but in the sense that it's sheer and delicate looking once you scoop your brush in, but then packs a hell of a punch! it shows up beautifully. it's a very unique colour to own in my opinion, because this is so versatile. i wore it today over MAC's 'Tan' pigment and then put some darker browns and purples in the crease, and it all showed up this metallicey, warm glimmering lilac that you couldn't quite place your finger on. i think this pigment is perfect for layering over other colours because of it's translucency. here are some ideas:
*(worn alone of course for a beautiful purple in all its glory)
*over golds and coppers
*over champagnes (like Stila's Kitten) or silvers
*mixed with shimmery browns and bronzes
*mixed with colours like MAC's Cranberry/Star Violet
*mixed with blues
the combinations are endless!
that's why this pigment is a must-have. because it's not a block of purple. they are easy to come by, it's a TOUCH of purple that still has phenomenal pigmentation, and because it's a loose pigment, you are freer to really tailor the colour to your needs. hope that all made sense!
now on to some other things. there is a little fallout with this, but because this pigment is so fine, unlike some others, it's really easy to just grab a fluffy face brush and gently sweep any mess away. i always do my foundation and concealer last anyway.
i recommend this to you if you are a fan of purple eyeshadows and if you are after a product that adds purple to any eye look very effortlessly.
i would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by amysingh91

bought a lot of mac pigments on the bodyneeds2.com
and I LOVEEE it everytime i wear this i get compliments!! It makes my brown eyes pop, for reference im nc40!
Out of all the mac pigments I've tried this is my favorite along with blue brown I even uploaded some piccys up there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would say that it is pricy, but due to how long it lasts I would say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I have a few different pigments but this one by far I get the most compliments on. Everyone notices it but it is just really pretty. it makes your eyes stand out a lot no matter what eye color you have! I use a Q-tip to apply it and that makes me use it sparingly. I dab the end in water and dip into the pigment to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

My bestie gave me hers, I used it today and I think its gorgeous. A really bright metallic purple shade, it looks really vivid and makes my eyes pop. I dabbed it on with a shadow brush rather than stroke it on for a higher impact. Will be experimenting with a smokey eye for nights in/out with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Violet is my first pigment from MAC, and I absolutely love it! I've seen many people wear this and I knew immediately that I had to have it. It's a gorgeous purple shade that applies really beautifully, and looks great with many other colours. A must-buy for people who like bold purple eyeshadows!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by jeane519

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the first MAC pigments that I purchased years ago. I LOVE it. I don't have any issues with application, either by itself or with a primer. This is my "go to" purple. I must admit, that once MAC went to the smaller container for about the same price, I was very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

After my success w/'Blue Brown' I wanted tot try other pigments. I got a sample of this and paired it with BB
Colour:literally the colour of blue violet
Finish: soft shimmer
Texture: creamy
It's a vibrant lavender so will flatter any eye colour and skin tone.
If u like taking a chance w/makeup or like experimenting, pair this with any gold/light brown eyeshadow. It's an intense sudden pop of colour that works so well!
Cute colour that I can use everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Megan007

Ok... So I have only purchased one other MAC item and that is NYLON for my highlight, which I LOVE! However this Violet pigment is a tad disapointing. I wanted a purple, a GOOD purple thick, vibrant and just PURPLE! This one is purple but it is still sort of sheer and lilac-y. Even after 'packing it on' it still is sheer. I have a NYX pigment that does the pretty much same thing. Oh well it was worth a try, I will still use it of course after spending $20!
Till next time :o)